Bright light to throw into bottom of pocket?

TheWitness33

Newly Enlightened
hey guys. Looking for a new EDC light. I've had a thrunite ti4t Which I liked. I had a streamlight microstream which was good size. I've seen the newer flat flashlights but came across a Maratac 14250 light that looked interesting.
I carry a pocket knife daily and don't like my lights bumping into it. Not that I don't want it scratched, it's annoying. The maratac supposedly put out 300 lumens. Any recommendations on single battery lights that will sit comfortably in the bottom of your pocket in this 300-500 lumen or better range? I'd like a lower mode as well for more practical use up close.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the Acebeam TK16-AL. 1250-1800 lumens on turbo depending on l.e.d. choice. 0.5 lumens on moonlight mode.

parang

Newly Enlightened
My picks are the Manker E14 III (without the extension tube) or Acebeam TK-16.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak LED. They're all twisty's with infinite variable output. They have a model that can run on most battery sizes, Nimh or Lion.

Vemice

Enlightened
TINI 2. Just got the new titanium version. Still have one in aluminum too.
Mx6NaiAl.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm good with the Sofirn 1AAA 100 lumen 4K on my keychain. I think the low is around 15 lumens. I run it with a lithium battery. The only thing that makes me sad about it is that I carry an E2e less and less these days. Maybe just the warm weather and long daylight hours lately. Times change whether you like it or not I guess. :(

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thrunite Ti3.
If you reverse the pocket clip onto the other end, makes for a great improvised headlamp with a baseball cap.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the Wurkkos TS10:
* Low price: less than $20 right now.
* Bright: around 1000 lumens out-the-front
* Superb tint and CRI
* Powerful and easy to use Anduril2 interface.
* Very small and light

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always sort of wanted one of those. What led did you get? And what set up do yo you use for brightness levels? 14500 or 10440? Sorry so many questions but vinh has so many options. Thanks
I got it several years ago with an XPL HI 5000K. Will only run on 10440s, DriverVN2 and I typically leave the mode setting: 1 - 30 - 100 | Memory

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i always see words the wrong way i trully thought you was asking about a flashlight that can have enough throw to see the bottom of a bucket. i was thinking must be a big bucket

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
hey guys. Looking for a new EDC light. I've had a thrunite ti4t Which I liked. I had a streamlight microstream which was good size. I've seen the newer flat flashlights but came across a Maratac 14250 light that looked interesting.
I carry a pocket knife daily and don't like my lights bumping into it. Not that I don't want it scratched, it's annoying. The maratac supposedly put out 300 lumens. Any recommendations on single battery lights that will sit comfortably in the bottom of your pocket in this 300-500 lumen or better range? I'd like a lower mode as well for more practical use up close.
Four Sevens MIni Turbo MK3. https://darksucks.com/products/mini-turbo-mkiii-ti-two-tone