Broken nose?

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have cartilage in my nose. There's some bone up around the bridge of the nose.
Almost,The nose has two cavities and is symmetrical around the nasal septum, the wall of cartilage that separates the cavities and extends from the nostril openings, or nares, to the nasal part of the pharynx, or nasopharynx. At the tip the nose is flexible cartilage; close to the skull it is lined with bone. Cartilage on each side of the nose bone gives the nose its shape.

[edit] except for the OP,who has a spreading of bone migrating everywhere :D

Last edited:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF - always educational. Makes me wonder if it was broken when I got accidentally kicked in the face when I was a youngster and my nose ballooned into something scarily impressive. Lots of internal bleeding, but broken? :shrug: An x-ray was never mentioned. Is it the done thing these days, or are head x-rays something to avoid whenever possible?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF - always educational. Makes me wonder if it was broken when I got accidentally kicked in the face when I was a youngster and my nose ballooned into something scarily impressive. Lots of internal bleeding, but broken? :shrug: An x-ray was never mentioned. Is it the done thing these days, or are head x-rays something to avoid whenever possible?

You'd have to have several in a year for it to mean very much.

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Why are you guys talking about X-rays and bones rejoining? Since when were there bones in the nose?

And Stephen, how long has it been since your laser incident? Do we need to send bodyguards around?

Haha, a while. Trouble seems to follow me everwhere I go.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get off your butt and go to the doctor right now. Isn't going to be that bad if it is not broken, and if it is it will be a lot easier and better now rather than later.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten my nose crushed/broken in a vicious attack and it's not something you speculate about, if it's broken it's screaming obvious to the person owning the nose.

Not only does it tend to produce scraping sounds when broken bits of bone/cartilage grind together when you move it, it also hurts like you would never believe.

Check it out as it may be necessary to correct it. But as I said, if it's broken bones you would be sure about it.