Bronte RA05

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
While randomly browsing DX I found this little light that, on paper, sounds like it's the perfect 1x123.

It has an XP-G LED, a three-mode fully-regulated driver blessedly free of strobe and SOS modes, a twistie switch with rotary mode selector (if I understand correctly it changes mode the more you twist the head) and respectable output (rated 170/45/5 lumens; LED is driven at 800mA on high). It's also waterproof. About the only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have built-in protection, which makes it necessary to use protected 16340s if wanting to use rechargeables. On the other hand, this also means it'll drain primaries as much as it can - apparently the limit below which it won't even power on is just 0.8V. And all for about $20.

I searched a bit but nobody's talking about it, which seems strange when you consider the light's specifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Never heard of this brand before. Nice selection. Unfortunately for me the low levels appear to come up last and aren't low enough. I'll bet they're making some changes, at least if they watch what many/most want here on CPF.

Geoff

daytec

Newly Enlightened
I dont think its variable output ,Geoff needs to get one and let us know.............marty

TomH

Newly Enlightened
It looks to my eyes, that the website and the lights themselves, appear to be Fenix copies.

Even the model numbers are similar to those used by Fenix.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
Never heard of this brand before. Nice selection. Unfortunately for me the low levels appear to come up last and aren't low enough. I'll bet they're making some changes, at least if they watch what many/most want here on CPF.

Geoff

Geoff, I thought the same thing until I read the below review. Looks like the sequence is L-M-H.

http://light-reviews.com/bronte_ra05/