Bushnell Pro T50L AAA pocket light.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walmart shows a 2 AA pro model on their webpage and it supposingly puts out 325 lumens. It is cool looking, but there is no price listed.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that aa is one of their "multi color" line, a little different. So far it doesn't look like they have a single aa version of the pro series.

Well, I like my TRKR T125L AAx1 so much, time to buy more lights! It needs some Bushnell family members. :)

The worthless local brick/mortars don't stock them so I didn't know until this thread.

Cool!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came to say the same as dc38. I wonder if these are the Budget Titans?? They look good. Has to be a SF related venture. Headed to Walmart later today and see.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Walmart shows a 2 AA pro model on their webpage and it supposingly puts out 325 lumens. It is cool looking, but there is no price listed.

Yeah , that's the 2xcr123's pro , bigger version than the single AAA I got . Good thing I got mine when I did BC I havnt seen them since , nor have I seen the 2x123's yet .

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the 1AAA, 2AAA, and 2CR123A Bushnell lights at a Walmart today. The tail cap pushbutton reminded me of lights sold by 5.11 Tactical.

The blocky body style on these Bushnell lights looks neat, but the projections may be uncomfortable for pocket carry. It was good to see that they had forward clicky switches with momentary action.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah , that's the 2xcr123's pro , bigger version than the single AAA I got . Good thing I got mine when I did BC I havnt seen them since , nor have I seen the 2x123's yet .

After looking at it again, I am mistaken. The 325 lumen one I was looking at was the CR123 light. A Walmart near here actually had one, but I was disappointed that it took CR123's. I stopped using those a few years back! I do not think there IS a 2AA version.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
My local WM had a bunch of "pro"models, all the way up to a 1000 lumen 8xAA. No single AAA to be found, which was my reason for going.

If that 1000 lumen model looked like this one:
i-jk4V6jK-S.jpg

That's not the "Pro" series, but rather the "Rubicon" series. All of the "Pro" series I've seen have the same styling as the pictures earlier in the thread....

i.e. this is the 2x CR123A model:
i-pdKKxfZ-S.jpg

I would imagine an 8xAA Pro would be a monster weight wise with all that extra aluminum :duh2:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may have been the rubicon, I was pressed for time and didn't carefully investigate.
On another note, I saw a Rayovac indestructible 1xAAA at Home Depot today.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up the 2AAA for $19.99. Not bad!! It is a flood monster with very little throw, and built like a small tank. I am hoping they come out with a single and double AA model!

ericjohn

Enlightened
I have the Pro 100L and I greatly enjoy it. In fact I am using it as my primary EDC light at this point because of the brightness, decent runtime and especially the sharp bezel for protection. I also have the TRKR 125L and TRKR225L and enjoy them except for their runtime.

There is also a 2 123A Pro model, but I eschew those type of flashlights, as their upkeep is too expensive and those said batteries are not readily available.

I would be OVERJOYED if a 2 AA Pro model was introduced and it would be all the better if it had a dizzy strobe feature.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Based on my experience with the 50 lumen 1xAAA model, I picked up the 2x CR123A model...

Won't run on my 3V rechargeable 123A's, & battery bay diameter is only 0.6703 inches (17.02 mm) so 17670's probably won't fit & 18650's are absolutely out of the question. 123A primaries slide in & out but little to no wiggle room.

Also, the lockout switch moves to easily to be of much use except in changing modes without pressing the switch.

Light has a noticeably cooler tint than the AAA model. Without batteries it weighs 5 grams more than my Mini-Maglite Pro LED does with Energizer Ultimate Lithium's installed.

Best (most disorienting) strobe I've seen in a light though! But I only have 2 real lights to compare the strobe against, Nitecore SRT7 & EC20.

Dimensions:
head diameter = 1.220"
body diameter min = 0.862"
body diameter max = 0.982"
tail-cap diameter = 1.072"
overall length = 5.75"

Last edited:

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Based on my experience with the 50 lumen 1xAAA model, I picked up the 2x CR123A model...

Won't run on my 3V rechargeable 123A's, & battery bay diameter is only 0.6703 inches (17.02 mm) so 17670's probably won't fit & 18650's are absolutely out of the question. 123A primaries slide in & out but little to no wiggle room.

Also, the lockout switch moves to easily to be of much use except in changing modes without pressing the switch.

Light has a noticeably cooler tint than the AAA model. Without batteries it weighs 5 grams more than my Mini-Maglite Pro LED does with Energizer Ultimate Lithium's installed.

Best (most disorienting) strobe I've seen in a light though! But I only have 2 real lights to compare the strobe against, Nitecore SRT7 & EC20.

Dimensions:
head diameter = 1.220"
body diameter min = 0.862"
body diameter max = 0.982"
tail-cap diameter = 1.072"
overall length = 5.75"

Is the 2x123 still on the neutral white side or is it a pure "cool white" ? Love the tint on my 1xAAA , hope the 123 is atleast close in tint because I want to purchase the twin 123 also . And is the lens glass or plastic ?

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Is the 2x123 still on the neutral white side or is it a pure "cool white" ? Love the tint on my 1xAAA , hope the 123 is atleast close in tint because I want to purchase the twin 123 also . And is the lens glass or plastic ?

Don't know what to call it exactly... it's even bluer than my SRT7 tint... and at night when shined against something white appears slightly purple to my eyes.

In both photos, the Bushnell Pro is on the left: In this first one it's compared to the SRT7(at somewhat reduced output) with the SRT7 appearing more green to my Galaxy S5 camera.
i-GZC6D4R-S.jpg

And vs the 1x AAA Bushnell Pro which looks yellow:
i-VVBpP24-S.jpg

Lens is a cheap soft plastic that has already been scratched :(

L to R: Bushnell Pro 2x CR123A, Bushnell Pro 1x AAA, Mini-Maglite Pro LED, Nitecore SRT7
i-j6zrmvt-S.jpg

Last edited:

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Don't know what to call it exactly... it's even bluer than my SRT7 tint...

In both photos, the Bushnell Pro is on the left: In this first one it's compared to the SRT7(at somewhat reduced output) with the SRT7 appearing more green to my Galaxy S5 camera.
i-GZC6D4R-S.jpg

And vs the 1x AAA Bushnell Pro which looks yellow:
i-VVBpP24-S.jpg

Lens is a cheap soft plastic that has already been scratched :(

wonder if a smartphone screen protector cut in circles of course would do the trick somewhat .

chaosdsm

Enlightened
An update for both of my Bushnell Pro flashlights:
1x AAA model - still impressed and batteries seem to last far longer than stated runtimes!!!

2x CR123A model - still not impressed - used every day at about 8 minutes per day since purchase, and high mode has seen a significant drop in lumen output starting around the end of week 2 / start of week 3. There's barely any output difference between high & low mode now.

But here's my real reason for the update:
i-CTTKwvt-L.jpg

i-3XqnvMm-M.jpg

The AAA package came with 4 280mAh LiFePO4 batteries, plus 2 dummy cells for use in multi-cell devices.

Unfortunately, the RCR123's are protected, so they don't fit very well in the 2xCR123A model because the protection circuit (on the + side BTW) adds about 1.5mm overall length to each cell. I have to force the tailcap in & can only screw it down about 1 1/2 turns BUT, the 2xCR123A light works with these rechargeables!!!!!!!! Which means I just have to get me some unprotected LiFePO4 RCR123's & this will be a viable light that won't break the bank with new primaries every couple weeks :)

Now on to the fun part... the AAA model works with the LiFePO4 3.2V 10440's :D :caution: Of course that will mean a shorter lifespan on the LED :caution: but WOW, what a difference :rock:

I'll post some comparison shots later... if I can figure out how to enter manual mode in the cheap POS digi-cam I picked up after I had to sell my good camera's.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Well, camera doesn't have full manual capability, only ISO, OR Shutter Speed, OR Aperture :(

So I set ISO to 800 & let the camera do the rest.

Shot in my kitchen with the camera & AAA Bushnell Pro set on a chair about 23 feet from the back door (+/- 3 inches)

First shot is with a fresh AAA Energizer Max from a brand new package - notice the bright reflection of my LED under-cabinet lighting off the refrigerator in the top left of the photo & the reflected illumination of the floor in the bottom right of the photo from the same light:
i-VtcZNGg-M.jpg

AAA Alkaline photo stats: ISO 800 - f/3.1 - 0.4s (1/2.5) shutter speed
10440 LiFePO4 photo stats: ISO 800 - f/3.1 - 0.1666s (1/6) shutter speed

And now same shot with freshly charged SoShine 280mAh LiFePO4 3.2V 10440 battery @ approximately 20 seconds after power on.
i-JgL6sWX-M.jpg

Fresh off the charger, one 280mAh 10440 powers for about 15 continuous minutes before noticeable dimming occurs.

I liked the color temp before (when running alkalines), but I REALLY like the color temp of the over-driven LED running a freshly charged 10440, and it's still 'warmer' than the 2xCR123A Bushnell Pro light.

snoofer

Newly Enlightened
Since this thread started, I have only seen this Bushnell light once.
Why I didn't buy it back then.....who knows? Since then I've been looking for the AAA ever since, but every Wal-Mart I've been to Never has it in stock.
I see the Headlamp and such, but never the AAA.
Has Anyone seen it in stock lately..?

chaosdsm

Enlightened
All three are in stock in one Walmart supercenter about 20 miles away, but the 3 closest stores don't have any of the three models in stock.