• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cancelled

StuU

Enlightened
Re: Metal m@g reflector: any interest?

I would probably be interested depending on price and reflector surfacing.
Stu

AndyB

Newly Enlightened

I'd probably be in for a couple depending on price and camless availability.

-AndyB

Dr_Joe

Enlightened

I would probably take 2-4 depending on surfacing available and providing they can be cut (by me if necessary) to fit luxeon modded mags. (N-Flex and Space Needle II)

cnee

Newly Enlightened

I'd be interested in at least a couple of smooth camless reflectors with smaller center hole for Luxeons, if available.

Wilsonite

Newly Enlightened

if compatible with mag85 I will take one in MOP
and maybe another LOP and a regular

depending on price of course... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

vacuum3d

Enlightened

Interest yes.

How much?

Could you get LOP, MOP as well?

thx,
ernest

gl22man

Enlightened

Hi, yes i would take several LOP depending on price.
MIKE..

waion

Newly Enlightened

Thanks so much for the interests and questions, and also your good wishes to my health. I feel much better now.

Some points to add in response to the questions:
- Every surfaces of the reflector is andoized silvery.
- I'm asking for the LOP, MOP and camless reflectors if the sale comes true.
- Some of them have flat at the edge of the cam while the other do not. I will try to ask for reflectors that do not have this "feature".
- Some of the samples are a bit tight to the head. I will try to solve this.
- Some of othe samples have a bit smaller I.D. in their cam than that of the stock ones. This makes it even a bit tight to be placed in the m@g head. Luckily, this can be easily solved.
- Samples are being sent to dwaites and modadog for their help in evaluating these reflectors.

Just finished testing on these reflectors. Here are the results:

- They threw the beam just as well as as the stock m@g reflector did. No difference to my eyes.
- Besides a bit tight, the are freely focusable.
- The reflective surface remain relatively intact (no change in shape, curving or bubbling) after turning it on continuously in my m@g1274, with 5 D NiMh fully charged few days ago. It functioned quite well in this test.
- The reflective surface blurred after turning it on continuously in my m@g85 for about 40 minutes. That blurring can't be removed even I rub it with a cloth (shouldn't be done to new smooth reflector, right?!) This is the main problem to those who wants to use it in the m@g85 mod.

I will try my best to get it solved ASAP. I hope to solve this problem before going to the orange peel/ camless options. Will post any updates here.

The price would be $15 - $17/ pc. The actual postage is to be confirmed.

I've been editing the interest list at the 1st post of this thread from time to time.

Nell

Enlightened

I would be interested in ones with orange peel options. Keep us updated on the blurring issue.

Great work.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

The flat spot on the cam does not affect focus for most bulbs, but I have a few where the filament is farther out from the base than the average bulb. These bulbs need the full run out of the cam with no flat spot.

I'll take 3 reflectors (1st choice - smooth, 2nd choice - LOP), (1st choice - no flat spot on cam, 2nd choice - whatever you have)

waion

Newly Enlightened

Thank you, JimH. I will tell the maker about this and try to eliminate that flat spot.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Waion,

That haziness sounds as if the reflector is coated with a lacquer or polish to get it to be nice and shiny.

If that is the case, none of the superbulbs will work long term. The 1185 is only marginally hotter than the others, so long term they would all get that haziness.

Some companies use that cheap step to give what appears to be the perfect surface when their vacuum metal coatings aren't well applied or are painted on instead of being true vacuum metal deposited.

I'm looking forward to evaluating them.

Bill