Cars, Man

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holley made carbs for large displacement built motors. I had a #600 on a stock 350ci, it needed to be jetted down from factory.

Man, I was just perusing old Holley carbs. Shocked on prices..
I think the Holley that I put on the Impala was a 600 series, don't remember the exact number, but it was a double pumper, whatever that means. My brother had a 700 series Holley on his '73 Olds Cutlass Supreme he had made into a street rod.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Holley that I put on the Impala was a 600 series, don't remember the exact number, but it was a double pumper, whatever that means. My brother had a 700 series Holley on his '73 Olds Cutlass Supreme he had made into a street rod.
"Double pumper" was slang for mechanical secondaries. IIRC no non-special order factory cars came with those. Vacuum secondary Holleys were the norm and better for the street.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
For those who ever had a hankerin' for Alfa-Romeo magic, a company by the name of Totem Automobili is crafting a new rendition of the classic Alfa GT. Two models, one a twin-turbocharged V6 and the other electric. A small chunk of change, and they can be yours, assuming you're one of the 20 people (each) to sign up.

Totem-Super-GT-2-scaled.jpg

DSC_8025.jpg

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my cousins had an Alfa Romeo. He gave me a ride in it once on the highway . It was so low to the ground, it was like riding a go-cart at 70 mph. Quite an experience for a young guy. I was probably in 6th or 7th grade, that gives you the age area I was at the time. He and his father were both into import cars, Alfa Romeo, VW, Fiat, Audi, etc.

boo5ted

Enlightened
View attachment 51537
The new Honda Prelude is slated to arrive in time for it's 50th anniverssary. Rumor has it that it'll be the R&D car for Honda's EV program.

Numerous Honda parts, pieces and manufacturing techniques developed by the previous Prelude cars are still in use today.
Boooo Honda. You had one job and failed, the return of the Prelude could have been what the S2000, Integra Type R, Civic Type R, etc was but modern. Now it's just another EV that the majority of enthusiasts don't want.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Bring back the muscle cars of the '60s and '70s! Now that was excitement! Couple 'em with today's tech...fuhgetaboutit! 🏎️
i kind of enjoy tech some of these 2 litter 4 bangers making like 400 hp but still gets good mpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i always wanted a company to make a car with the exact body of a 1970 chevelle but with all modern drive train led lights etc etc

raggie33

*the raggedier*
True, not many cars have the soul or identity they used to have. Cars (at least the majority) are not for fun or entertainment anymore, only transportation.
even the reliabty seems to have gone down i recall people geting 300000 miles on a good car