• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote

Burnt Bronze.
I am in for a SureFire 6P body, tailcap and a cryos head.

Flat Dark Earth.
I would be in for a complete SureFire 6P (body, head, tailcap).

Excellent! Send them both in, I will start pushing for FDE!!!

Anyone cerakote'ed a v10r??!! How would it work with the control ring would be my concern... Would coating the ring and body make the ring not turn easily or even at all?? Curios id love my xml modded v10r in burnt brinze....
Hoping white back soon...... Then i can worry bout what's next :/)

Oh that would be sweet!

I imagine you would need to remove the selector ring and coat both parts seperately.....there may be plastic internals under the ring, I'm not familiar with the mechanism they use....

Ask in the modder's forum, I can also recommend some great modders to do the dissassembly work for you, send me the parts and then I send the coated parts back to the modder for reassembly. It adds some expense but is by far the best way to get a complicated and pricey light apart and reassembled into a stock functioning light =)

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about a yellow cerakote? I found in the google pictures a picture of an yellos Z2, and I think yellow should also be a nice color :) A corvette yellow or schoolbus yellow looks cool for me

http://i47.tinypic.com/25tianl.jpg

I'd be in for a yellow Z2 since I still miss a Surefire G2Z in yellow :( and I love the yellow G2 ;)

If we can get 10 people interested I can order the color!

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Left my OD Green 6P at my buddies house. Ill get her back soon though. Here are my others.
DSC01027.JPG
DSC01032.JPG

DSC01030.JPG

DSC01028.JPG

DSC01050.JPG

DSC01052.JPG

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone cerakote'ed a v10r??!! How would it work with the control ring would be my concern... Would coating the ring and body make the ring not turn easily or even at all?? Curios id love my xml modded v10r in burnt brinze....

Oh that would be sweet!

I imagine you would need to remove the selector ring and coat both parts seperately.....there may be plastic internals under the ring, I'm not familiar with the mechanism they use....
Ask in the modder's forum, I can also recommend some great modders to do the dissassembly work for you, send me the parts and then I send the coated parts back to the modder for reassembly. It adds some expense but is by far the best way to get a complicated and pricey light apart and reassembled into a stock functioning light =)
You are looking at four pieces, Body, head, bezel and variable ring. The switch, emitter board, circuit board and 2 magnets in the variable ring need to be pulled.

BTW, I would love to get my V10A and V10R done. Is the price the same as the 6P for each?

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened
Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

Solarforce L2T Graphite Black

mr.lumen

Enlightened
Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

i got to the party late. i was hoping to get a surefire coated in white, when is the next time you will be doing white?

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Left my OD Green 6P at my buddies house. Ill get her back soon though. Here are my others.

Looking good Tom!! Good luck getting your OD 6p back, I'm guessing your friend is gonna wanna keep it!!!

You are looking at four pieces, Body, head, bezel and variable ring. The switch, emitter board, circuit board and 2 magnets in the variable ring need to be pulled.

BTW, I would love to get my V10A and V10R done. Is the price the same as the 6P for each?

Yeah, I'm guessing $45-$50 depending on if I have to use tape to mask the areas under the ring or not, if there is anno we probably can spray it with no problem.

BTW - How difficult was it to pull that apart? You might want to consider having the other member send his light to you for dissassembly, then mail them all to me, then back to you for reassemly for a nominal fee

Solarforce L2T Graphite Black

Can do- pm sent; G Black is going in for spray in a week

i got to the party late. i was hoping to get a surefire coated in white, when is the next time you will be doing white?

We have some more white planned in the next week or two, I'll pm you my info

*****************CERAKOTE UPDATE**************

All of the remaining white and Ti Blue are back!!

Will be cleaning and reassembling parts for the next few hours; hope to have them all in the mail on tuesday!!!

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
All done washing! I'm really stoked on the Ti Blue, it has a wonderful metallic hue and the parts just look great!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we can get 10 people interested I can order the color!
Maybe a good idea to post the colors that are some people interested in the very fist post. It is easy to see the colors that are currenlty interesting for some people. I guesss there are not soooo many color wishes.

But this is just an idea.... :)

Btw. Please take pictures of the hosts you cerakote. It is always nice to see a few new colors :)

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea on adding the colors with interest to the first post!

I always try to get pics but with a my 3yo and 6month old boys bouncing off the walls it never seems to happen! I rely heavily on customers to post pics for me to swipe for the first post =)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always try to get pics but with a my 3yo and 6month old boys bouncing off the walls it never seems to happen! I rely heavily on customers to post pics for me to swipe for the first post =)
If you are interested I'd able to take a picture of the orange Z2 and pass the picture to you. But I was guessing there are enough orange Surefire Hosts pictured, therefore I never took a picture.

And it is like I said, a yellow Z2 would be great. Yellow Hosts are not in common but have a "signal color" that may be very useful. If the color is a "corvette yellow" or a "school bus yellow" at the end that would not be a real problem. both would be cool even if I'd prefer the schoolbus yellow :)

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
Hey bugsy...what's the count so far for the next run of Safety Orange? Do you have enough? Or still need a few more?

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
The orange run is slowly ammassing pieces, same with the bronze, oddly enough white and black seem to be filling up the fastest; same as they have done in the past =)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm guessing $45-$50 depending on if I have to use tape to mask the areas under the ring or not, if there is anno we probably can spray it with no problem.

BTW - How difficult was it to pull that apart? You might want to consider having the other member send his light to you for dissassembly, then mail them all to me, then back to you for reassemly for a nominal fee.

Not too difficult IMO of course I've done a few and haven't damage one yet. I could do the dis-assembly if they want. Everything is anodized if I remember correctly.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent, any chance of getting you to post a quick step by step guide? Maybe in the modder's forum :naughty:

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
White's back!! :/)
A couple pics.... Last one shows the big sister hds hi cri.... Was not done here
Soon a stainless or ti bezel and a ti clip will adorn the storm
Cerakote work is exceptional...now to send in my v10r for either orange or bronze...

a9a617f4.jpg

8cf5353e.jpg

3bdf8140.jpg

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent, any chance of getting you to post a quick step by step guide? Maybe in the modder's forum :naughty:

I'll try to set aside some time for a step by step pictorial this weekend, I've got a couple of things going on though. :whistle:

Jamie

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM me if you need any help with this.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Th

White's back!! :/)
A couple pics.... Last one shows the big sister hds hi cri.... Was not done here
Soon a stainless or ti bezel and a ti clip will adorn the storm
Cerakote work is exceptional...now to send in my v10r for either orange or bronze...

a9a617f4.jpg

8cf5353e.jpg

3bdf8140.jpg

Awesome! That pen turned out really great!

If you need help with the dissassembly of the v10r hit up think2x

We will be doing both bronze and orange in the next week or two so now you just have to decide hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.