Challenge Week #1: Incandescent Only! (2021 edition)

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
anyone know when the next one will be posted? it`s after 7pm here and I don`t want to start monday with the wrong light and be disqualified before I even read the rules.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm about to start typing it up now. Little late this time; my sleep schedule's been messed up for a couple nights so I've woken up a few times not sure what day it is :thinking:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe! :laughing: Since the incans are more "natural" lighting, my brain could be confused by the "sunlight" shining at the wrong time of day!

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Challenge Week #1: Incandescent Only! (2021 edition)

It's time for physical education, I think it gives something about 1 lumen or less, but it can wake everyone around

Sorry I'm late, I just saw this video (my add-blocker was hiding YouTube links apparently :shrug:

That's only the second squeeze-light like that I've ever seen! The last time I saw one was back in high-school in the late 90s. Our old history teacher brought one of those to class one day. I think his had a head with reflector on it though; more a conventional flashlight, but still had the squeeze lever, and made the same sounds. Very cool retro light.

:D

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened

Sorry I'm late, I just saw this video (my add-blocker was hiding YouTube links apparently :shrug:

That's only the second squeeze-light like that I've ever seen! The last time I saw one was back in high-school in the late 90s. Our old history teacher brought one of those to class one day. I think his had a head with reflector on it though; more a conventional flashlight, but still had the squeeze lever, and made the same sounds. Very cool retro light.

:D

I knew I recognised this squeeze light from somewhere!

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened

looks like an old fishing reel at first, my dad had something like that Many years ago.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast

The E2D with the Lumens Factory bulb and Lightmiser tailcap was all I needed, although I had the split-body "Rothrandir" with TL-3 as a backup. The E2D worked out fine, although I'm glad I only had that sharp bezel in my pocket for a week. I got used to default fast-clicking the tailcap down to 25%, and it was almost always enough light. Nice warm tones. I enjoyed this "challenge", although I'm looking forward to rotating back in my HDS and Jetbeam Jet-I pro.