Cheap, cool cases for 123a's

cheaperrooter

Newly Enlightened
If anyone is interested, and after an exhaustive search for a cheap case for my 123's, I found out a year ago or so they can be found at Walmart in the fishing section. It's a really small, the smallest one they sell, Plano clear case #3448. Like a $1.50.

Holds exactly 12 of them perfect. Six slots, 2 to each slot. I would post a pic....but too much work. Hope this helps. Great to throw in a backpack, glove compartment, where ever. Somewhat waterproof too.

awyeah

Enlightened
Don't forget the pelican cases that Battery Station sells. If you e-mail them, they can sell you the case with the foam cutout but no batteries.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coleman Match Holder sells at Walmart for $1.00, it will hold 2 CR123's or an 18650 and is waterproof.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I have the SF and the Pelican but they are not pocketable. I will definately get the plano one and the coleman one. Can someone post pix. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Up All Night

Enlightened
13 times the cost and holds half the amount? Why?

Depends what your needs are. If you're looking for an organizer/storage case go for the Plano. If you need absolute watertight storage and protection from external impacts go with the Surefire. Two products which are definitely not in the same league. I'm not knocking the Plano, I have and use both items, but there's a reason the Plano goes for under two bucks...........However, it is cool & cheap!

Latest posts