Click Tailcap for Surefire A2 Aviator

JROx

Newly Enlightened
I have three Surefire Aviators: the A2 incandescent and LED and the newest model Aviator. I'm a fan…
I love the click tailcap on the latest model and would love to add this feature to two older A2s if possible. Does anyone know of an aftermarket click cap that will work in the A2? Thank you.

hamhanded

Enlightened
If you find one, keep in mind that you'll lose the two stage because it's controlled by resistors in the tailcap. The mode switching of the new aviator is controlled by the driver and the tailcap itself is either on or off.

JROx

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the reply. Reading some of these modification threads has made me realize I have a long way to go before I can begin nodding my own lights. Lot to learn about resistors and amps and other things. Thanks.

hamhanded

Enlightened
The best way to learn is to spend an absurd amount of money on expensive flashlights and then proceed to destroy each one systematically by way of botched mods.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best way to learn is to spend an absurd amount of money on expensive flashlights and then proceed to destroy each one systematically by way of botched mods.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself.

OOF, This one hits home. LOL!

I know I've seen various references over the years to the search for clickie tailcaps for 2-stage lights. There exists no readily available clickie tailcap that fits the A2/L2/LX2/L1 threads. This topic makes me laugh as I had an A2 on a COLD camping trip years ago, and I was huddled in a sleeping bag trying to dig something out of my backpack twisting my A2's tailcap down with my freezing fingers to get to the incan beam, despite my years of praising the Surefire 2-stage tailcap I wished I had a clickie in that moment.

Attachments

• CBDAEA7D-1998-49B8-99E2-458E6CDEF103.jpeg
    CBDAEA7D-1998-49B8-99E2-458E6CDEF103.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited: