• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLIP HACK - WASP Shorty ZEROREZ Moddoolar CLIP!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is too awesome y'all!! I am proud of this little hack. IMHO, the clip looks designed for this light. It looks so good in person too.

Make sure y'all have a decent file to work it. It needs to be a Fine grade. I think I picked my files up from Home Depot years ago. I also covered the clip portion with some painters tape. That way WHEN you slip with the file, you don't scratch the clip. I also suggest some tape on your thumb nail, you will see. I also smoothed the inside of the ring with a ceramic knife sharpening rod. That way no burs will cut a o-ring or scratch the finish. The whole file & test fit processes may have taken me 30 minutes.

Good luck. Post pics when you guys get it done!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I was going to ask
That is too awesome y'all!! I am proud of this little hack. IMHO, the clip looks designed for this light. It looks so good in person too.

Make sure y'all have a decent file to work it. It needs to be a Fine grade. I think I picked my files up from Home Depot years ago. I also covered the clip portion with some painters tape. That way WHEN you slip with the file, you don't scratch the clip. I also suggest some tape on your thumb nail, you will see. I also smoothed the inside of the ring with a ceramic knife sharpening rod. That way no burs will cut a o-ring or scratch the finish. The whole file & test fit processes may have taken me 30 minutes.

Good luck. Post pics when you guys get it done!

The rat-tail file I have is not fine enough and the dremel knock-off I used to have, wore out long ago: Was thinking of wrapping a dowel with emery cloth of various grits. Also plan on removing orings before install.

Any other ideas, members?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a pic of the file and ceramic rod I used. Quarter & Chapstick just there for size reference.

43C99B8B-87A4-476D-935A-6993BD73A884_zps34nu494e.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. It is good to see it fit on other lights. I figured it would. I predict this clip will be a sell out! So flexible in its use. Thanks for the video too.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered two & got them yesterday - the package hasn't made it out of the trunk of the car yet though....

I've gone to alot of Kuhl pants (on sale or clearance at REI, they aren't cheap), they have a slash pocket on one or both sides, depending on the model. Fantastic for flashlight with a good clip (lousy slips - not so great). Also often a zippered pocket big enough for a passport.

Last edited:

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
I like the way it turned out....a little dremel and a little bend. I do wish the material was thicker.

Str8stroke - Thank You for the Great Idea!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh nice jd911, Yes, I concur, a tad thicker or in Ti would be so sweet. Maybe this will spur 47 or some other manufacture to come with it. That black looks outstanding. I added a thin o-ring to help stabilize it. It is a great solution for those who don't want to buy another tail cap.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did 2 today. Silver clip for a grey (neutral anodized) and black for black. Smoothy bezels. Look and work great. I'll try to post pictures soon. Great mod - thanks for the original post.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome pics!!! Thanks y'all. It looks really good on those older versions too. I don't own one of them to test it. Glad y'all could.

It takes a little practice to twist and spin the clip with the tail. But usually when I carry mine, I keep it twisted so close, all I have to do is draw the light and squeeze the light for temporary on. For constant it is just a tiny twist.

Thanks for pics. I hope we get more, even if they put it one a different brand light.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Many thanks for pointing out that this clip can be modified to work! I used a Dremel to remove the tabs and open it up a touch (I removed the body o-rings to install).

Custom 18350 (3P) body, DiamondBack Delrin Cap with soft McClicky, SF Z44 bezel with Malkoff M361, SolarForce lanyard ring with DIY finger lanyard, modified Foursevens pocket clip.

lego-3.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
NH Lumens, That is mean looking. Did you see they have a black clip too? (Edit: it is posted above, oops) It would be hard to see on there, ha! Great pic too. Glad it worked and thanks for taking time to post a pic. I have a few more on order to outfit a few other lights. It works best on a clicky for sure. What I love the most, is how deep your light rides in the pocket. :clap:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
NH Lumens, That is mean looking. Did you see they have a black clip too? (Edit: it is posted above, oops) It would be hard to see on there, ha! Great pic too. Glad it worked and thanks for taking time to post a pic. I have a few more on order to outfit a few other lights. It works best on a clicky for sure. What I love the most, is how deep your light rides in the pocket. :clap:

Thanks!

I carried the 3P clone this week with the clip and it works very well - much better than just sticking in a pocket.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

I carried the 3P clone this week with the clip and it works very well - much better than just sticking in a pocket.

Very cool. Yes that was really my main idea. I put it on a light that doesn't have a clip originally. Or if you want a clip that allows a deep carry.

Latest posts