• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED 2018 Yuji 3200K high cri 5mm LED group buy

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: 2018 Yuji 5mm LED group buy OPEN

Is 20+ ok to pay? I see we are out of order already

That was my bad, I did not catch that. Apologies... This is the first group buy I've run, and I've learned a few things that will be implemented in the next one.

OK- IF YOU'RE ON THE LIST, GO AHEAD AND SEND PAYMENT. ORDERS FILLED FIRST COME FIRST SERVED FROM THE LIST. I'LL POST IN A DAY OR TWO FOR OPEN SALES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND PAYMENT IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE LIST.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Payment sent for 25 - Thank you!

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

That was my bad, I did not catch that. Apologies... This is the first group buy I've run, and I've learned a few things that will be implemented in the next one.

OK- IF YOU'RE ON THE LIST, GO AHEAD AND SEND PAYMENT. ORDERS FILLED FIRST COME FIRST SERVED FROM THE LIST. I'LL POST IN A DAY OR TWO FOR OPEN SALES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND PAYMENT IF YOU'RE NOT ON THE LIST.

No worries, we all just get excited for new lights and parts :grin2:

PP sent

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Mine just arrived. Thanks again for making these available.

I tried a couple, by just holding them onto a CR2032 cell. The tint appears to be really brownish.

Is this the expected tint? I'll admit to doing next to zero research on these emitters.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are a WARM LED. If you have never had real warm temp. lights, it will look a bit strange next to a cool or even neutral LED. If you use them by themselves for a while, you may find it more pleasing. Also, I find they match my room lighting better than any other type, so no change going from a lit room to dark hall with Yuji warm light.

Or, you may be more pleased with the 5600k version. I am hoping we can get a buy for those, too. Very nice, high CRI, not really cool at all, sort of between the warm end of cool and the cool end of neutral. Same totally smooth beam. McGizmo uses them in his Sapphire light, supposed to be the same temp. as mid-day sun, like the High Noon HDS lights in the special run. But these are more like late-day sun, just before sunset.

mhs

Newly Enlightened

scout24, please check your PM inbox.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Yep, that's the 3200K tint
These are a WARM LED. If you have never had real warm temp. lights, it will look a bit strange next to a cool or even neutral LED. If you use them by themselves for a while, you may find it more pleasing. Also, I find they match my room lighting better than any other type, so no change going from a lit room to dark hall with Yuji warm light.

Or, you may be more pleased with the 5600k version. I am hoping we can get a buy for those, too. Very nice, high CRI, not really cool at all, sort of between the warm end of cool and the cool end of neutral. Same totally smooth beam. McGizmo uses them in his Sapphire light, supposed to be the same temp. as mid-day sun, like the High Noon HDS lights in the special run. But these are more like late-day sun, just before sunset.
Thanks guys. It's not a problem. It just caught me off-guard.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Although it may seem odd initially, it really does provide very nice illumination ....

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Find an old incan light, if you still have one, and compare them with that. It will seem like snow white beside the hot-wire!

scout24

Flashaholic

Glad these are arriving! :) Everyone who paid has been shipped except Ray, who will ship tomorrow. And Jesse, who I still need an address for.

Here's a photo comparing a 3200 HCRI from this batch with a 5600 HCRI from the last batch. Cell phone pic, everything is relative...

24ciesg.jpg

Esko

Enlightened

How about the international shipping? I was just about to send you $12 with a message that you can send me less than 50 leds in order to cover the international shipping (to EU). However, since you seem to be online, I might as well ask for the actual quote... I don't really know what to do with these leds right now so I could be happy with a smaller batch, too...

scout24

Flashaholic

I am sending these in small padded envelopes, and asked for a quote to Germany at my post office yesterday. USPS First Class was $14.00 USD...

I can ask tomorrow for less expensive alternatives.

Esko

Enlightened

I am expecting that it would be the same to me. If that stands, I'll withdraw. I just checked and an economy letter (no tracking) from me to the states would be roughy $4/max 100g or 3$/max 50g and if you had something similar as an option, it would be ok to me. In any case, thanks for organizing a group buy.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Shipping prices to other countries outside the US have really increased recently. Damn near messed my pants a few weeks back when I shipped to a couple different countries.

phosphor22

Enlightened

Mine arrived today as well... thanks for doing this!

Yes, agreed with all who are describing the initial surprise at just HOW warm these are -- but then use them a while... the tint is great.
I have both the warm and cool in Photon Freedoms now; I enjoy both but the warm is especially for nighttime wanderings around the home -- especially closer range stuff.

Last edited:

DimLite

Newly Enlightened

PayPal sent for 12.

PayPal showed my shipping address, but I also included name & address in "Note" area.
Thanks for taking on the task of a group-buy and making these available.