• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED 2018 Yuji 3200K high cri 5mm LED group buy

spaceminions

Newly Enlightened
Re: CLOSED 2018 Yuji 5mm LED group buy CLOSED

Dammit, I got busy for a while and didn't check the thread, just watched my email expecting a PM notification... and then I come back and read through to find out no PMs were sent. Not that it would matter, beecause I had to make a new account and they can't from what I read even participate in PM's anyway... RIP me... I would have long ago paid up and all if only I had had known any of these things.

scout24

Flashaholic

Dammit, I got busy for a while and didn't check the thread, just watched my email expecting a PM notification... and then I come back and read through to find out no PMs were sent. Not that it would matter, beecause I had to make a new account and they can't from what I read even participate in PM's anyway... RIP me... I would have long ago paid up and all if only I had had known any of these things.

Spaceminions- See post 138. More are on the way! If you're over 3 posts when they get here, I'll send you a PM. :thumbsup:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was starting to worry they'd never get here, but were in this evening's mail.

The cool tinted freebie light may or may not become a host for 9 of these, depending on whether I find a way to replace the really poor quality clicky switch. Somehow or another, I will have a multi-emitter light with these.

A simple USB light to plug into powerbanks for power outages might be another project.

V4SfJPilUU0BJZcsD5ziL6IrNCnTSgK6UM4I1sW5LPxlOJ0o3kjbl7AMhv9VBKDQVUo_XV28e60MK8s9KlJTyeUN12uDI8cSyK9Zb8dakI3Hfy7z8g9gvTo-wTqVr3Z0m9e5Wrsb_bd4V45YjTlT6UMLt0cRmBp5LOKt2hAMs-smZxwGY-X0oRkKIemg2UljaU4Vh-Ur6kpZNE0_zZLIl-RqFo9BaOnv3WEm_WXQ7KSogVY6CzhiqZxjAikvtCOVUKETeplmcCSMI0xfuj-D-u9-Pp9-lnCN3OLzkPtI6nrR4AZw1__Ezl1l-xylS0cW8iCveoeX5BqsZsu8LvEmVZGvvgcF0XHEFocLYWzhI60LYfJ55nLkUOy60h2waLIewh6nnXH9-og9-RDxrjHCwPjLdzTMT0Z0hRocMDc3l1n_7kCCQKHax1FuIjvowqC4iAz5pmwYVOzYDT4dWk67cpLnwC3c3oe3nEyQXlY48-qW--WLoVyezqNl17ISozrnMWVACG43MQlzvzIqsD7Vz9MVZC-B_CeaLUKfGxR--wXLcdYeI0zeltOll5E-IyzqoO5VTQZgnCgxv1A9Iyf05avsQJDZqOuvshDdAUkGDCNzbXGnvrYuWb7GoqlVc3qLQ_dcw7BOHCZmF0unQxS5OiTkPiMpa7qP=s737-no

Photo taken at 4500K camera white balance. Please let me know if the photo doesn't show up. Google photos has a tentative relationship with hotlinking.

I've tried a number of those cheap hosts, all of the 9x were terrible, but one 12x was quite nice and a 21x even better. They are shown in my mod post

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK... That's got to be one of the best Yuji LED swaps I've seen to date!!!!!

Awesome.

TY, Yes... i agree. i HATE the bluish LED look, doesen't match anything in my house (lighting wise). i've swapped out LEDs in my fridge, a couple of nightlights, my grilling headlamp, and 2 keychain lights. I <3 Yuji HCRI LEDs! lol

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I'm trying to get more of these Rayovac Industrial 2xAA LED lights, but can't find a source.

Anyone know where to get a couple?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

TY, Yes... i agree. i HATE the bluish LED look, doesen't match anything in my house (lighting wise). i've swapped out LEDs in my fridge, a couple of nightlights, my grilling headlamp, and 2 keychain lights. I <3 Yuji HCRI LEDs! lol

Very nice idea on the fridge.

These should definitely help for your grilling headlamp.

I think I need to take a look at my microwave and see what form factor its cold blue LED is. It makes for an appealing sparkle as the frosted turntable rotates, but you can barely even recognize the food.

I've tried a number of those cheap hosts, all of the 9x were terrible, but one 12x was quite nice and a 21x even better. They are shown in my mod post

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot you had posted about several in that thread.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice idea on the fridge.

These should definitely help for your grilling headlamp.

I think I need to take a look at my microwave and see what form factor its cold blue LED is. It makes for an appealing sparkle as the frosted turntable rotates, but you can barely even recognize the food.

I'd love to swap out the interior fridge LEDs but they are some sort of smd LED so need to find a rating on them and then look into suitable replacements.

spaceminions

Newly Enlightened

Spaceminions- See post 138. More are on the way! If you're over 3 posts when they get here, I'll send you a PM. :thumbsup:

Cool, thanks man. I'll try and participate a bit more here, mostly I'm on ##flashlight IRC on freenode or the subreddit. Just made posts elsewhere so I should be above 3 once they're approved. I'm thinking if I get 25 of these I'll do some experimenting; if I can dig up one of the cheapo 5mm based lights with a half decent body I might try that. I might also try and mod a hatlight or something. Maybe see if I can make a maglite solitaire take a 5mm led. There's possibilities for sure.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you. It has to be the one where the bare led just pulls right out and it. Not soldered or not other secured.
[emoji106]

Just had a thought, these would be perfect for upgrading old electronics indicators for an authentic incan look. They could be placed behind the lenses, regulated to the desired/proper brightness and would maintain that "incan with filter look" as opposed to that red, green, blue, etc single spectrum LED that looks "updated".

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, after doing the Freedom swap, I went searching for more lights with 5mm LEDs that I could try this on. Enter the Streamlight Key-Mate. After almost tearing it apart to get the bluish/white LED out, I reached into my bag of now 49 Yujis and did a quick swap. When I turned it on, the output was really pink - like Nichia pink. Off - on a few more times and still pretty pink, but I noticed that the output started to turn more "Yujish" and now, after running for almost five minutes, it is the color that I expected, albeit brighter than the Yuji in the Freedom.

Anybody else experienced this tint shift (if you will) with any of their Yujis?

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm trying to get more of these Rayovac Industrial 2xAA LED lights, but can't find a source.

Anyone know where to get a couple?

I just ordered two more last night on Amazon, about $6.50 each. They are the incan pin-bulb type like my last one. I may have drilled the hole in the reflector up to accommodate the 5 mm LED, can't remember. I modded it with an SMJLED years ago. But with the wide beam on the Yuji's, once I got the height right, I got a nice focused hot spot and spill type beam, like I had with the side-emitting cut SMJLED.