• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED WTS: Thrunite TN31vn (More came in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myronw

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: Thrunite TN31vn

Hi Vinh,

You didn't say wheather I was too late... Let me know when you get time.

Myronw

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ALL SOLD WTS: Thrunite TN31vn

Vinh, let me pay for my shipping how much do I owe you? I don't want to cost you money you did me a favor!

buzzman003

Newly Enlightened

I ordered my Panasonic batteries from fast tech on the same day I ordered this light and they arrived at the exact same time! It was like Christmas for me.

So I charged up a few of the batteries while I checked the carrier. Sure enough, the Panasonic batteries with 3400 mah, protected cell, with a voltage down to 2.5, WILL NOT fit in this battery carrier. No way without modification. I cut the springs down to the second coil. Of course the last spring fell off from the twisting even though I used needle nose pliers. Luckily my soldering iron came in the mail today too. Perfect! I just resoldered it back on.

I could tell Wayne did some work to the springs. I don't know what exactly, but they were put on really strong. With the spring modified, the batteries slipped in nicely. =)

Now, I turned it on moon mode. PERFECT amount of light. I love moon mode. No light is complete without a super super low mode. The second level is great for most up close lighting to 15 feet. The third level is good out to say 100 feet but will reflect light from signs as far as 800 or so. The spill is good too on level three. I'd use level two or three for walking. Two if I'm preserving night adaptability.

Now, four and above is where it starts to get interesting. 4 is bright enough to really reach out. Say 800 feet/250 meters. The Corona is tight but out that far it is wide enough to identify targets. I tracked birds flying out of trees on four from about 100 to 300 feet out.

So throughout my walk/Testing, I kept thinking 4 was as high as it went. I tested it higher but as we walked, everything I wanted to look at was easily lit up on 4.

Then there is 5. I said to myself, OMG, there is another level! Just unbelievable the light and distance from this thing on 5.

So I turn it on to standby. BUT WAIT! IT GETS EVEN BRIGHTER! IMPOSSIBLE! Level 6! You truly have to see it to believe it. So unreal. I did the light saber thing you guys talk about. (which I often said "nerds!" to myself as I read it) But it is so impressive! Even my wife said, "We ought to have you shine that up and see if I can locate you from the city!" and my wife is seldom impressed by anything other than a designer purse.

The UI, while not perfect, is absolutely what I was looking for. You don't have to always start on high, the tac push button is great to turn it off while finding the right setting then turning it back on. The ring is butter smooth to operate.
The case/holster is actually well made; it's not an after thought.

The flashlight is not nearly as big as I thought it was going to be, or heavy. It's actually a really nice size.

Heat was never an issue. I ran it on turbo about 30 seconds max at a time (just because I never needed it that bright). The lower settings show no sign of heat build up.

The reflector is just gorgeous. I never thought I'd say that, but it's true.

I have been a cpf member for a while; quietly doing research for well over 2 years and picking out what I like and don't. Reading from all the members. And finally deciding on this light. AND IT PAID OFF!

This is my first custom flashlight. Obviously my first vinh light. All I can say is "Wow".

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

It always puts a big smile on my face when someone enjot this light :) A K40vn will impress you even more! LOL

Haskel

Newly Enlightened

Hi vin do you still have any tn31vn's if so I would like to order Thanks

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

This TN31vn is spectacular!! Big power increase thanks Vinh. Just one question please, is the TN31vn still regulated or did u convert it into a direct drive light?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

This TN31vn is spectacular!! Big power increase thanks Vinh. Just one question please, is the TN31vn still regulated or did u convert it into a direct drive light?

Still regulated as far as i know.

Mikeltee

Newly Enlightened

I'm thinking about adding a 6th light to my V54 collection. I have the K40vn, and love it! Someone please tell me why I need this light in my collection and please don't tell me because Vinh's girlfriend needs new shoes. Lol

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I'm thinking about adding a 6th light to my V54 collection. I have the K40vn, and love it! Someone please tell me why I need this light in my collection and please don't tell me because Vinh's girlfriend needs new shoes. Lol

If you have a K40vn you don't need a Tn31vn if you are looking for more performance. They are very close.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

She needs a diamond ring...but, the two lights are so close in performance that the KV40 is enough unless you are equipping a search party, which I do sometimes.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts