• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cold Steel Recon Tanto and OSS in Carbon V fixed blade old stock.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Bimmerboy, they are both like new condition. The only wear I can find is on the outer snaps of the leather holster of the Recon Tanto. It's mostly on the snap on the handle. It should be visible in the pictures. It's been in a couple army bags years ago for training. The snaps work normal, the knife hasn't been in or out of it much.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks lightknot. I will accept reasonable offers to those interested. Nice knives, but looking to downsize.

LaGgY_42o

Newly Enlightened
Having had to rely on a pocket knife to stop a home invader 2 years ago I bought a Tanto - Serrated - G10 - 06 Auto, retired my old one to its evidence box in storage and been carrying the 06 Auto since. I've heard of Cold Steel here and there over the years, just looking into this Carbon V Steel. I do like your OSS, does it have 0 indications of wear / hasn't been sharpened? Also by "old stock" do you mean an older revision? Are there newer revisions or "old stock" as in has been sitting in the box for awhile but never used? Thank you.

Edit: Is either one a Factory 2nd? May be interested in both, has either been sharpened and are the coatings fully intact? Pictures are high resolution but no in focus, closer shots of the blades? Or maybe its the low lighting?. What could you put pricing at if both were purchased F&F?

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old stock as in these formerly USA made knives haven't been made in "Carbon V" steel for a very long time and the OSS has been sitting in its box unused since new. Never been sharpened or cut anything. No finish missing from the blade either. Holster is the factory original in new condition.

Neither are factory 2nds. Those are indicated by a number "2" on the end of the handle.

LaGgY_42o

Newly Enlightened
Old stock as in these formerly USA made knives haven't been made in "Carbon V" steel for a very long time and the OSS has been sitting in its box unused since new. Never been sharpened or cut anything. No finish missing from the blade either. Holster is the factory original in new condition.

Neither are factory 2nds. Those are indicated by a number "2" on the end of the handle.
They are nice, I'm 33 and remember seeing them growing up, more into lights than knives, but after spending the last 4 hours diving down a Cold Steel rabbit hole I kinda want them even more lol. I am not longer interested in ever using a knife again in any context except necessary, but starting a small knife collection sounds appealing. The price you mention in PM for both sounds good to me, will arrange final payment details over PM. Thanks!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, sounds great.

Please send me your shipping address and I will package them up.

Last edited: