Compact Weapon Light With Pressure Switch?

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
I need a weapon light with a pressure switch that is close to 3" long and about an inch in diameter. The light can't have a built in rail mount, I need it to have a round body so I can mount it with rubber tubing underneath a 12g coach gun.

I posted last night in the budget forum looking for a side switch lighted but since realized that a small light with a pressure switch makes more sense.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_3029.jpeg
    IMG_3029.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3028.jpeg
    IMG_3028.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 70

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's your budget?
Elzetta has one but the alpha head is larger than the body.

Here's a pressure switch for the Convoy S2+:
Remote switch with convoy S2+ S3 tail, only suitable for current gray S2+,S3

A more aggressive option for the Stoeger is to screw a picatinny rail into the wooden forearm.

Another option is to put a barrel clamp on it and roll out like an operator:

this should work with your coach…measure it to be sure:
Hygoo Tactical Double Barrel Clamp Mount, 20mm Picatinny/Waver Rail Adapter Laser Sight Flashlight Base Mount for Horizontal Double Barrel Rifle https://a.co/d/2ubDP48

Safest option as long as you have a store with screws….
This would 100% work with longer screws:
Gotical Universal Tactical Hunting Universal Single 3 Slot 1.6 inch Barrel https://a.co/d/1OQIrjW

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's your budget?
Elzetta has one but the alpha head is larger than the body.

Here's a pressure switch for the Convoy S2+:
Remote switch with convoy S2+ S3 tail, only suitable for current gray S2+,S3

A more aggressive option for the Stoeger is to screw a picatinny rail into the wooden forearm.

Another option is to put a barrel clamp on it and roll out like an operator:

this should work with your coach…measure it to be sure:
Hygoo Tactical Double Barrel Clamp Mount, 20mm Picatinny/Waver Rail Adapter Laser Sight Flashlight Base Mount for Horizontal Double Barrel Rifle https://a.co/d/2ubDP48

Safest option as long as you have a store with screws….
This would 100% work with longer screws:
Gotical Universal Tactical Hunting Universal Single 3 Slot 1.6 inch Barrel https://a.co/d/1OQIrjW
You forgot one word.

Malkoff.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming that's a home defense 12g. If so, then your life is definitely on the line if needed. Whatever mount or switch you go with I would definitely recommend a Malkoff light, or Malkoff E series head to an E series body. They will definitely withstand recoil from that 12g. CR123 batteries are perfect for long term storage and will work when you need them to.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's for my use then I'm wrapping a Malkoff with bandage adhesive wrap on the side of the forearm wood.

Wherever your hand naturally holds the forearm is where you wrap the Malkoff. Then you don't have to mess with a pressure switch.

A superior solution and works 100% of the time. Won't leave adhesive traces on the Stoeger and will not unwrap during combat use.

I need a weapon light with a pressure switch that is close to 3" long and about an inch in diameter. The light can't have a built in rail mount, I need it to have a round body so I can mount it with rubber tubing underneath a 12g coach gun.

I posted last night in the budget forum looking for a side switch lighted but since realized that a small light with a pressure switch makes more sense.

Thanks,
I have an Elzetta remote switch available for sale. I might also have enough parts to put together a complete light if you're interested in purchasing it. Send me a PM if you'd like.

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking into Malkof now and it looks like they have a few decent models that could work size wise.

For anybody interested the 12g is an early model Stevens 311a that I had cut down by a smith. It's my Van gun for road trips and camping off grid. A double barrel is ideal for car travel as it can be easily loaded/unloaded when it's time to get back on the road. It's also handy with the 18" barrel and hits hard at close range.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 53

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
I'm assuming that's a home defense 12g. If so, then your life is definitely on the line if needed. Whatever mount or switch you go with I would definitely recommend a Malkoff light, or Malkoff E series head to an E series body. They will definitely withstand recoil from that 12g. CR123 batteries are perfect for long term storage and will work when you need them to.
I'm having trouble navigating the Malkof site (I don't own one) I know Malkof are interchangeable etc I just can't seem to put together an E series body/head from their site. Could you send me a link of the body I need then I can take it from there?

Thanks for your help!

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's an easier solution instead of purchasing everything separately from Malkoff. Still use Malkoff but here is the light you want from Arisaka, still a Malkoff head but bodies are made for weapons

Arisaka M300

You'll need some sort of mount. I would recommend a picatinny shotgun barrel mount

Here is the type of mount

Now you'll need an adapter to mount the light to the picatinny mount:

Here

Now you'll need this adapter to mount the light to the mlok that goes on the picatinny rail:

Here

Or you can just get the second option above which is the shotgun picatinny mount and purchase a Surefire M300 and it comes with the clamp to mount to the picatinny rail and won't need those two adapters I listed:

Here

The way your double barrel is designed it's hard to find a suitable mount for it, this is the easiest solution I've found, not cheap, but it's good stuff

Basically comes down to the mount you have on your shotgun. It can be a challenge finding the correct parts and how much money you wanna dump into this. Type of mount you need like the one above is a double barrel picatinny mount. There may be more options or other options for MLOK mounts but didn't dig that deep in my searches

Or, easy solution, purchase this:

Malkoff MDC single output

And tape that to your shotgun

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ideally you'll want the flashlight on the side so you can use your thumb to power on and off. That way the speed loader doesn't interfere with the light.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try and find a side mount clamp that can clamp on one of the barrels. You can get a pressure switch for that Arisaka/Malkoff build and now you can put the pressure switch anywhere you want. Mounting the light on the bottom may cast a shadow from the barrel if the light isn't far enough forward
Type of mount you would need

I don't recommend purchasing any type of gun accessories or mounts from Chinese Amazon. Just showing these links/pictures as an idea to what you will need.

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, I would consider on purchasing a standard/better 12g with barrel on top and shell tube on bottom, like the mossberg 500 and now you'll have way more options for mounts and also have more shells to carry (8+1) instead of only two like the double barrel

IMG_9885.jpeg

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
2yr old South African Boerboel. He's 105lbs solid from working lines. Not to be confused with the 150lb variant you see everywhere. He's 1 yr old in the picture where he's "pointing"
I watched a youtube video about that breed. Very good protection breed. Would love to have some someday when my ship comes in, but right now I'm looking for something more economical, like a chihuahua or rat terrier.