Company / Product News

shrike2222

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't you have plan to make Predator with XP-L HI normal production not Limited?
In my thought, XB-H is not perfect for these days as Thrower and Hunting light due to it's man output is too less than XP-L HI.

So I think Predator and other lights like Barracuda, Doberman and Viking will have to be adopted XP-L HI.

Do you want to get something really special? Something unique and so powerful no one else has?

Meet our new XP-L High Intensity Limited Edition!

Dobermann_with_object_43.jpg

Be quick, don't miss your chance!

The quantity of these flashlights is limited!

:twothumbs
More information is here

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Its not only about output. There are optical considerations. There is a reason Cree makes so many different LED's. Overstated Lumens is not one of them.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
On paper, the LE Dobermann and Predator look very attractive as pocket and coat throwers.
Throw wise, they would definitely match up well against similar Eagletac lights, specifically the T25C2 and G25C2 with XPL HI.
But there hasn't been much interest in response to AT's announcement so far...that's too bad.

LessDark

Enlightened
If I didn't already have a modded Predator 1.5 dedomed, then I would be all over this new Predator.
It looks really nice, but they have arrived a bit late to the game I think. Many people have already invested in Olights or Eagletacs with this emitter and don't see the need for another one in this class.

rfl

Newly Enlightened
But there hasn't been much interest in response to AT's announcement so far...that's too bad.

I'm extremely interested in these lights -- especially the Dobermann. The Predators throw was always appealing to me, but its a little bit larger than I prefer. The Dobermann is just the right size for me. A Dobermann that exceeds the performance of the previous Predator is pretty terrific. I'm eager for the Dobermann to arrive. There is pretty good interest in all of these lights on Reddit.

Also, in response to the other comment that the market for this class of flashlight is saturated -- hogwash :) De-domed flashlights occupy a niche space with limited appeal. There are dozens of flashlights with XM-L2 emitters, XP-G2 emitters etc. The market can tolerate more than a one or two Eagletacs and Olights with XP-L HI emitters. There are many ways for other manufacturers to differentiate themselves from Olight and Eagletac -- mode spacing, user interfaces, environmental ratings, style etc. I expect Armytek will do well with these models.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
In answer to being late to the table on XP-L High lights sometimes its in the details is what makes a flashlight better.
This isn't to trash Eagletac just using them as an example as a comparison.

Eagletac = IPX-8 standard, so 1.5 meters under water for 30 min

Armytec = 50 meters under water for 5 hours

Eagletac = not 100% sure but 1.5 meter for drop test

Armytec = depending on model, 30-50 meter drop test

Eagletac = twist to change mode is buggy IMO (owned 4-5 eagletacs)

Armytac's throw further in meters

Thicker grippier anodising on Armytec

10 year warranty on Armytec

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Don't you have plan to make Predator with XP-L HI normal production not Limited?
In my thought, XB-H is not perfect for these days as Thrower and Hunting light due to it's man output is too less than XP-L HI.

So I think Predator and other lights like Barracuda, Doberman and Viking will have to be adopted XP-L HI.
It is possible. But there isn`t enough diodes on the market at the moment to release a batch.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is the non pro version left - the only difference I can see between the two is 0.2 lumens fire fly mode but at the expense of lower runtime on high and support for different chemistry batteries.

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
Armytek, is there any word on if the Predator Pro limited edition will be restocked? I wasn't able to purchase one until this weekend, and now they're gone. I really hope that I didn't miss out on them.

rfl

Newly Enlightened
Armytek, is there any word on if the Predator Pro limited edition will be restocked? I wasn't able to purchase one until this weekend, and now they're gone. I really hope that I didn't miss out on them.

I'd grab the non-pro Predator limited edition before they disappear too. I'll never miss a firefly mode on such a flashlight -- I have enough lights with sub lumen modes. And IMO, the full regulation on max is over rated, unless you are involved in actual tactical situations. Even then, since these are XP-L lights, they will very likely be subject to thermal cycling that will reduce output on max anyway -- same as the XP-L Viking line. In other words, I believe the language at the bottom of the Viking Pro manual, regarding thermal regulation, will apply to the Predator Pro limited edition.

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
I'd grab the non-pro Predator limited edition before they disappear too. I'll never miss a firefly mode on such a flashlight -- I have enough lights with sub lumen modes. And IMO, the full regulation on max is over rated, unless you are involved in actual tactical situations. Even then, since these are XP-L lights, they will very likely be subject to thermal cycling that will reduce output on max anyway -- same as the XP-L Viking line. In other words, I believe the language at the bottom of the Viking Pro manual, regarding thermal regulation, will apply to the Predator Pro limited edition.

I've seen people discussing thermal cycling issues, but my Viking Pro v3 is able to stay on max without stepping down. Maybe I just got lucky? Even still, I mostly use it for just a few minutes at a time anyways, so heat isn't an issue. Part of the charm of these lights for me is having FULL power for the whole battery. I'm honestly not even interested in the non-Pro. I really, really hope that Armytek puts out more of these. I'd probably buy two of them. Armytek lights are far and away my favorite, but I wish that they did a better job of communicating with us.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Hi!

Unfortunately, Predator flashlights are gone, it was a limited edition. If diodes will appear on the market, maybe we will add new ones.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

I've seen people discussing thermal cycling issues, but my Viking Pro v3 is able to stay on max without stepping down. Maybe I just got lucky? Even still, I mostly use it for just a few minutes at a time anyways, so heat isn't an issue. Part of the charm of these lights for me is having FULL power for the whole battery. I'm honestly not even interested in the non-Pro. I really, really hope that Armytek puts out more of these. I'd probably buy two of them. Armytek lights are far and away my favorite, but I wish that they did a better job of communicating with us.

Dear friends,

thank you for choosing our flashlights and sharing your thoughts here with us.

We will do our best to provide you with all necessary information.

rfl

Newly Enlightened
Dear friends,

We will do our best to provide you with all necessary information.

Now that the limited edition XP-L HI models are shipping, it would be great to have manuals. The current specifications (except for throw, which we might assume is an estimate) appear to be copied from the "regular" editions. Finalized specifications would be appreciated.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Now that the limited edition XP-L HI models are shipping, it would be great to have manuals. The current specifications (except for throw, which we might assume is an estimate) appear to be copied from the "regular" editions. Finalized specifications would be appreciated.

We don`t provide our customers with manuals for limited edition. The difference is only in several numbers. If these flashlights will turn into a new batch, we will write the manuals.

JimTokle

Newly Enlightened
We don`t provide our customers with manuals for limited edition. The difference is only in several numbers. If these flashlights will turn into a new batch, we will write the manuals.

Could you at least tell us if the Dobermann Pro is fully regulated at all levels like the other Pro models? Most of its specs appear to be copied from the regular version, and I don't know what to believe. The specs say that it doesn't have fully regulated output in all modes. I'd feel a lot better about missing out on the Predator Pro if you could confirm that the Dobermann Pro functions just like its bigger brothers.