Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbodog

Flashaholic
From what I've been reading, many of the people who get really sick from this virus come down with pneumonia. While there's no vaccine for coronavirus yet, there is a pneumonia vaccine. This seems like a good way to be proactive.

I'm a month late, but corona begets viral pneumonia... IIRC there's no vaccine for that version.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local county in California had 189 confirmed cases as of yesterday with 62 hospitalizations and 6 deaths from Coronavirus.

Entire region is in "shelter in place" now. It's work-from-home time.

jrgold

Enlightened
My local county in California had 189 confirmed cases as of yesterday with 62 hospitalizations and 6 deaths from Coronavirus.

Entire region is in "shelter in place" now. It's work-from-home time.

What county? I'm in contra costa which was one of the first to be locked down

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mrs Fixer and I ventured out this evening to see what our town was like. We stopped at a grocery store and laughed at all the empty shelves. $1 cans of tuna gone. 500 cans of $1.09 cans though. Seriously. Then the lady with a mask goes by with like 50 frozen pizzas, Lord knows how many rolls of paper towels and stuff like it's the end of the world.

I wanted frozen oj but they were out so we went to another grocery store where everybody there was as cool as a polar bears toenails, well except for the line waiting on the fresh shrimp. The whole store smelled like the ocean. Had me hankering for some shrimp for dinner. They had plenty of oj too.

So then we went looking for some shrimp for dinner but many restaraunts were closed or had the max ten folks inside with 100 waiting to get in. We took a drive around the busy shopping district and witnessed a sureal setting. It was like the rapture had occured or something. It was really awesome to see that so many are staying home right now. We ended up at an Arbys drive thru and got fresh food. Parked in an otherwise full parking lot that was empty and watched a beautiful sunset with the windows rolled down in 73 degree weather.

No rain, nor storm clouds were around but there was a rainbow over the nearby Food Lion. It was like God was telling everybody "chill, I got this".

harro

Enlightened
Haha, we have had busloads of Melbourne( cap city of Victoria Aus) people coming out into the bush and raiding all the supermarkets. Literally stripping shelves bare. Its to a point where supermarkets are hiring security, and checking prospective customers id for address. 12 miles seems to be the norm. In six months when all the garage sales start, i am going to stock up on t.p. which will be cheap and in in abundance. The herd mentality and panic is crazy. Aus borders are now closed totally out and in to only Aus citizens still out. Even the tiny little island to the South of the Aus mainland, Tasmania i think its called, has closed its borders to the mainland!!!

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
A high school choir concert in California was cancelled due to coronavirus concerns. However this didn't stop them from putting on the show remotely.

ven

Flashaholic
Cali issues a stay at home for the 40,000,000 residents........stay safe guys and gals, inevitable no doubt. Other states will follow in time.......

It will be like walking dead, i am sure not looking forward to driving up and down the same darn road for 10 seasons!!!!!

pilo7448

Enlightened
No lockdown here in Vegas yet but all non-essential services have been shut down..(slot machines, restaurants, bars.. Etc) This is a tourist town so it'll be a while before we recover after all this, it's not hard for me to be a recluse lol... Dark Vegas is creepy! (pic)
335cc2adbebcb172d13a7ce4a2b28189.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ven

Flashaholic
No lockdown here in Vegas yet but all non-essential services have been shut down..(slot machines, restaurants, bars.. Etc) This is a tourist town so it'll be a while before we recover after all this, it's not hard for me to be a recluse lol... Dark Vegas is creepy! (pic)
335cc2adbebcb172d13a7ce4a2b28189.jpg

WOW(not in a good way), as days go on, i am sure it will start sinking in more and more for everyone. Its scary whats happening in Italy, considering they have one of the best health services in Europe. Not to mention the northern part is the more affluent compared to the south.

Ironic the selfish empty heads clearing shelves in crowds of people, fighting over toilet rolls and hand sanitisers, are the ones who are more likely at risk! Avoid crowds, avoid and keep distance. If we can all do this(wont be easy), we will all play are part to help contain and limit the spread. UK is only a few weeks/month behind Italy.

UK now all schools shutting from today, i dont know(who does) but i will say thats it now till after summer. 3 months at least, then we have 6 week holiday come July. Maybe they can get 6 weeks back then, schools preparing home work for the foreseeable future.

If everyone follows guide lines, it could be sooner. So seeing groups of people carrying on as normal, going bars or in groups is not cool. For them, for us, it just delays and eventually if people can not follow guide lines. It will be enforced by the army...........

Stay safe guys

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to be an alarmist but do get your weapons ready for home defense. Tough times may be ahead and we may see an uptick in crime such as home invasions/burglary as the nation goes into recession. This is a great time to practice protocol for safety with your family members to know how to handle tough situations.

It would also be a good idea to get alarms for doors/windows.

Stay safe all and god bless!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Can never be too safe trailhunter, if it does come to that though, i would hazard a guess(guess) by that time, army would be involved.

If people (they are not actual people, should not be classed same......)can mug/rob corpses, who knows . As most will be indoors in the coming weeks, there will not be many empty houses.

If it does get to the point of no one out, then army will be out. Fines, prison..........depending maybe shot! I have already days back seen the army moving along the motorway.

Its happening guys, make no bones about it.

Stay safe my fellow CPF friends and family, i have a feeling these forums are going to get super busy soon.

Always end on a positive:) hey, who knows, some long lost members may find time to pop on and say:wave:

pilo7448

Enlightened
My brother is a police officer here and they're going 12hrs on and 12 off, they had a briefing and home burglaries and invasions are likely, (im loading my weapons right now.. Lol) along with the national guard being called in, schools have been shut down for a week already..its most likely going to worse before it gets better.. Be safe CPF brothers.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ive been giving away supply's . But im not a fan of local humans im super social phobic. But i would hate for someone local to go with out

Status
Not open for further replies.