CPFReviews.com: NiteCore Extreme TM ... Extreme Closeup Pics Added...

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CPFReviews.com: NiteCore Defender Extreme TM ... Initial Preview

ViReN,

Thanks for the nice review!

I for one love the original Infinity, but I wasn't a big fan of the AA format (no offence Crensaw!!:nana:). But this light will hopefully replace it.

Can't wait till they become readily available. I'll be waiting for sure.

MSax

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

ViReN,

I for one love the original Infinity, but I wasn't a big fan of the AA format (no offence Crenshaw!!:nana:). But this light will hopefully replace it.
none taken, im just as excited about this new one....i just WISH there was a good dealer i could buy from that i can read thier page (not in Korean, Thai, jap or anything) and shipping wouldnt kill me (like Tad)

phantom, my guess is that the NDI is a boost light with the AA, and a buck circuit for 14500s, so natrually it will last longer with the 14500s 3.6v vs the Alk/Lith 1.5 the Extreme uses either Cr123a or Rcr123a, 3.0v and 3.6 v respectively, so there isnt much "buck" or "boost" to play with. If anything, either battery will be boosted, so they can achieve 200+ at the emittor.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Newly Enlightened

He did write "Besides the fact that it runs on different batteries, are there any other major differences?"

Yeah, I did. I just figured there must be some advantage for people to go with a CR123 over a AA model. If both the Extreme and Infinity are the same brightness and have the same features, wouldn't most people want the AA version? Don't get me wrong, the Extreme looks like a beautiful light, but I was just wondering why I should get it over the Infinity.

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Edge Tac, AA/14500 tube please! Outside US CR123 batteries are not widely available (and very expensive). What I need in NDI is bigger reflector. Decent reflector and CR123 or small ref and AA/14500 is not simple choice.

If both the Extreme and Infinity are the same brightness

Extreme is brighter. 200 (NDE, RCR123) vs. 130 (NDI, 14500) torch lumens.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Edge Tac, AA/14500 tube please! Outside US CR123 batteries are not widely available (and very expensive). That's what I neet in NDI is bigger reflector. Decent reflector and CR123 or small ref and AA/14500. It's not simple choice.
:thinking:

wait fo Viren's Beamshots first, i highly doubt there will be significant difference from the NDI and this

Crenshaw

jhanko

Enlightened

Thank you for this excellent review! I'm looking forward to the beamshots. Looks like a real winner. Is there any way you can give the dimensions of the slots in the body. It appears to be begging for tritium...:thumbsup:

mighty82

Enlightened

Extreme is brighter. 200 (NDE, RCR123) vs. 130 (NDI, 14500) torch lumens.
Yes, that's what I thought. The 190lumen rating on the NDI is bs, it's 120-130 out the front. While the NDE is suppose to be about 200 out the front. People get confused by the "old" 190 lumen rating vs 200.

Snow

Enlightened

YES!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting, I've been waiting for this!

illusion

Newly Enlightened

I have ordered mine from ebay and its on the way now. Hope to have it here next week..:nana:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for kind words.... in just a few more hours... will post the beamshots.

There is a difference in output of NDI (the version that I have) and the NiteCore DI Extreme. Charging both the lithium-ion AW Rechargables ... getting ready for the beamshots and comparing total output numbers.

Izual73

Newly Enlightened

I have ordered mine from ebay and its on the way now. Hope to have it here next week..:nana:
I could not resist either, and just ordered one from ebay. I got the one with SS bezel. Looks a bit more special to me. :)

Very nice review and pics ViReN, I`m really looking forward for the beamshots! :twothumbs

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened

Although kinda pricey, i'm looking forward to getting one as this seems more bang for your buck than the NDI...

cat

Enlightened

....i just WISH there was a good dealer i could buy from that i can read thier page (not in Korean, Thai, jap or anything) and shipping wouldnt kill me (like Tad)

Yes, but I don't care if I can't read it as long as I know they've got them in stock. - ok, I need to be able to handle the checkout - but I once did it on a Japanese site by translating the labels on the edit boxes with altavista - only to find that all the areas in the drop-down were in Japan. :green:
Litemania, yes, but does he have them in stock yet? I don't think so - I think edgetac is working it up :naughty: - like before - :poke: by just releasing some for reviews. damn! :green: Who are these people selling it on ebay? Have they got stock?

PS: I just searched ebay for edgetac and nitecore defender extreme - nothing. :thinking:
PPS: found it - hkequipment - but have they got stock? !

Last edited:

illusion

Newly Enlightened

Yes, but I don't care if I can't read it as long as I know they've got them in stock. - ok, I need to be able to handle the checkout - but I once did it on a Japanese site by translating the labels on the edit boxes with altavista - only to find that all the areas in the drop-down were in Japan. :green:
Litemania, yes, but does he have them in stock yet? I don't think so - I think edgetac is working it up :naughty: - like before - :poke: by just releasing some for reviews. damn! :green: Who are these people selling it on ebay? Have they got stock?

PS: I just searched ebay for edgetac and nitecore defender extreme - nothing. :thinking:
PPS: found it - hkequipment - but have they got stock? !

I ordered mine from hkequipment and they are in the mail...:cool:

cat

Enlightened

How do you know? Maybe illusion. :D

PS: ......It's showing me GBP 3.25 for shipping - that's more expensive than Global Priority from the USA, it should be less.

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast

How do you know? Maybe illusion. :D

PS: ......It's showing me GBP 3.25 for shipping - that's more expensive than Global Priority from the USA, it should be less.

Welcome to shopping on eBay...

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's more than GBP 3,25 ($8/1,94=GBP4,12).

Latest posts