CR2 lights with tail clickies?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so does anyone at all make a CR2 LED light with a tailcap clicky? (be it forward or reverse?)

I don't think any of the big guys make em but I could be wrong. or is the only real option a Tactical or non-Tactical Quark 123?

archimedes

Flashaholic
so does anyone at all make a CR2 LED light with a tailcap clicky? ....

There were TB CR2 bodies, and Aleph CR2 tubes, both fairly rare ....

Another interesting fact is that 2xCR2 is just a bit over 50mm (depending on specific cells, it might be about 52-54mm?), which might work in some 17500/18500 tubes, depending on tolerances (& voltage, of course) :)

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
There were TB CR2 bodies, and Aleph CR2 tubes, both fairly rare ....

Another interesting fact is that 2xCR2 is just a bit over 50mm (depending on specific cells, it might be about 52-54mm?), which might work in some 17500/18500 tubes, depending on tolerances (& voltage, of course) :)
I wonder if there is a AA light you could bore and run on 2 CR2's.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The AA light would need a buck converter since 2 CR2s = 6v, but some AA lights might be loose enough to fit 2 CR2s as is.

You could get a light and have someone cut down and re-thread it for CR2 batteries, but that'll cost extra.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
The AA light would need a buck converter since 2 CR2s = 6v, but some AA lights might be loose enough to fit 2 CR2s as is.

You could get a light and have someone cut down and re-thread it for CR2 batteries, but that'll cost extra.
I'm thinking like a Quark and throw a 2xCR123 head on it.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Yeah, that should work if the 1AA body is wide enough to fit 2 CR2s. It'll be a nice little pocket rocket.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking like a Quark and throw a 2xCR123 head on it.

Ok, I'm intrigued. The difference between the diameter of a Titanium Innovations CR2 cell and the O.D. of a Quark AA tube (measured from one of the 3 flats) is 2.62mm total so the material left at the flats would be 1mm or less.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Ok, I'm intrigued. The difference between the diameter of a Titanium Innovations CR2 cell and the O.D. of a Quark AA tube (measured from one of the 3 flats) is 2.62mm total so the material left at the flats would be 1mm or less.
and the material at the threads....

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
and the material at the threads....

Actually, the Quark AA bodies flare out at the threads to keep all the heads the same size. (AA and cr123)

If I had a single AA body I would have tried it tonight but my sons Quark is AA2. I personally think that as long as you don't breach the wall of the 3 flats the structure will still be fine with the knurled part of the body being greater than 1.2mm. In all honesty though would 2xCR2's have any advantage over just running a 14500 in it? The capacities are about the same aren't they.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Actually, the Quark AA bodies flare out at the threads to keep all the heads the same size. (AA and cr123)

If I had a single AA body I would have tried it tonight but my sons Quark is AA2. I personally think that as long as you don't breach the wall of the 3 flats the structure will still be fine with the knurled part of the body being greater than 1.2mm. In all honesty though would 2xCR2's have any advantage over just running a 14500 in it? The capacities are about the same aren't they.
500lm with the 123 X head vs 400 with the AA X head