create a 2S6P battery with 18650

marcpirat

Newly Enlightened
hi

i'm starting with electronic, i want to create a 2S6P battery for a diving light.

Battery I will use

• Model: NCR18650BE
  • Manufacturer: Panasonic
  • Country of Origin: Japan
  • Chemistry: NCR
  • Max. continuous discharge current: 3.63A
  • Nominal capacity: 3200 mAh
  • Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
  • Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
  • Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
  • Standard charging current: 1.25 A

i create a schema, just want to be sure it's ok

d9c444aaa40b154596b42a9c3c145d66.png

https://pasteboard.co/IrKddXJ.png

Any bms and charger to suggest ?

I have a charger made for 4S6P battery... not sure it can work?

thanks

Last edited:

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Schematic shows 6S2P
How many volts does your pack need to be?

Uh, unless he's changed the picture in the last five minutes, I think you need to look again. It looks to me like each row has six positives connected together, and six negatives connected together. Top row positive to bottom row negative. That makes it 2 series, 6 parallel. It's drawn a bit oddly, but it may reflect the actual construction more than it does a simplified schematic representation.

marcpirat: A charger made for 4S will not work. A charger made for UP TO 4S would work. You could have either, and it's important to know the difference.

Microa

Enlightened
The schematic looks like which the positive terminal of the upper row 6P is short circuit to the negative terminal of the lower row.

marcpirat

Newly Enlightened
Uh, unless he's changed the picture in the last five minutes, I think you need to look again. It looks to me like each row has six positives connected together, and six negatives connected together. Top row positive to bottom row negative. That makes it 2 series, 6 parallel. It's drawn a bit oddly, but it may reflect the actual construction more than it does a simplified schematic representation.

marcpirat: A charger made for 4S will not work. A charger made for UP TO 4S would work. You could have either, and it's important to know the difference.

try to put to level of battery in a canister for diving... seem easier in term of welding...

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The schematic looks like which the positive terminal of the upper row 6P is short circuit to the negative terminal of the lower row.

Yes, that's how the two rows are connected in series. Notice that the bottom of the top row is not connected to anything. This is the pack negative connection. Also the top of the bottom row is not connected to anything. This is the pack positive connection. It's an unusual way to draw it, but I do believe it's correct.