• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cree XP-G2 added to the line - 2014

calflash

Enlightened
Awesome choice! I'm sure you will but please post your thoughts after getting it. I have the XM-L in my aqua ram but I'm especially interested in hearing about the XP-G2 beam in the ram.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
This isn't even funny - it's diabolical - I'm literally planning out 2 McGizmo's right now. I don't know what I want anymore - just the best combo. Thinking 1x123 Haiku to start, but I already know it's not going to cut it for me. I mean, maybe I want 2x123. Maybe I want Terra Ram. I don't know anymore. Don emailed me, but now I think I need to discuss further with him and go on his recommendations. One thing I know I have NO interest in are the mules. That's just not my style. :devil:

(ps, have fun with Tom Bihn. I have 4 bags from them, plus untold number of accessories. :laughing:)

Edit: So the damage has been done! I officially ordered a Terra Ram with XP-G2. I think this will provide me with the options and "modability" I want, while providing a new form factor to my line. And gives me the option to switch to a twisty later on down the line if I so choose. Thanks for the help all! :bow:

Congratulations on your purchase, prepare to be impressed by it. I ordered a Haiku XPG2 w/ AA pak to run on a AW 14500 li ion. I have a mule w/123 pak so I can alternate when needed.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
NO interest in the Mule? Yeah, that's what everyone says til they try one. ;)

karp

Newly Enlightened
Awesome choice! I'm sure you will but please post your thoughts after getting it. I have the XM-L in my aqua ram but I'm especially interested in hearing about the XP-G2 beam in the ram.

I totally will. OP will deliver, and I have the shipping notice now. Wonder the timeframe is from Hawaii to VA, :laughing:

NO interest in the Mule? Yeah, that's what everyone says til they try one. ;)

I'll just need to see one I suppose!

sagar

Newly Enlightened
Hi i am new to this area.i saw the datasheet is it possible change color tempearature using Cree XP-G2 and how??
is it possible to get high illuminance at 1 meter by concentrating all light to 200mm area.

ianb

Enlightened
Apologies if this has already been covered, but is the XP-G2 available in 6v variation?
Thanks,

Ian:)

ianb

Enlightened
OK, I'll be more specific, could you do a 6v XP-G2 Mule? (like the 6v XML Mule) (better for my bank balance if you can't :devil: )

Thanks,

Ian :)

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My packaged arrived today, Christmas in July! Although this is not my first Haiku or first of your products it was my first purchase directly from you. I've read so many great testimonials here I just have one thing to add that I've failed to read. Don, I love you man!

NicC4ge

Newly Enlightened
Just placed an order for a XP-G2 Haiku 2x123. Can't wait to get it. Thanks Don.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I have now run out of the XP-G2's I have been building with and I don't know if I can get more of similar or comparable bin and specs yet. I thought I had some more on hand to mount on MCPCB's but I was wrong. :green:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no! Hopefully you can find something comparable, love the tint of it in my Haiku. Was planning for a aqua mule with the XPG2 in it.

ibcj

Enlightened
Hi guys,
I have now run out of the XP-G2's I have been building with and I don't know if I can get more of similar or comparable bin and specs yet. I thought I had some more on hand to mount on MCPCB's but I was wrong. :green:

Any luck sourcing more of these ? Definitely my favorite led to date.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Any luck sourcing more of these ? Definitely my favorite led to date.
I am under the impression that my aim to get more XP-G2's of good CCT and CRI is in the works but no confirmation they have been shipped yet.

murrydan

Newly Enlightened
Awesome news! Don, might there be a way to place advance orders on the LE, I don't want to miss out on this batch.