• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Well, do any of the lucky recipients care to tell us UNlucky NON-recipients how these perform---possibly in comparison to the other(?) 3" head out there?

Karl

I'm reluctanct to post any more in this topic, since I was personally attacked by a previously banned member after my last report of what I received (his post was deleted by moderator). I do have additional messages from Delghi since my last post, but I'll leave those delivery issues/feedback to the rest of you to address.

I will say that I have had a chance to compare these heads a lot. I got reflectors in the smaller WA size bore in SMO, and Osram bore in SMO and LOP. We were smart to choose that Osram bore, as it is a very nice fit for Osrams (tested 64623, 138, 625, 64430, 64458). However the fit is not too close you worry about bulb damage). The entire bulb and glass base of 100W and down fits through this bore.

The larger 250W 64655 just fits the bulb, but catches on the glass base, but I believe there is enough length with the bulb to get the 250W filament in the focal length.

I compared the Delghi head & reflectors to FM's 2" Deep SMO (WA bulbs only), FM-2.5" Turbo, FM3H (SMO), FM3H-2 (custom LOP bottom =>SMO top texture), & FM-3.5 (SMO).

Some of the differences are pretty subtle, others were dramatic. One of these nights I will take pictures of all the various selections in a controlled manner, at an abandoned drive-in theater that still has its screen, but not in this thread.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Lux, appreciate the info and await beam shots as you are able to provide them. This project, as many others, long in the tooth and periodic information is always welcomed.

Karl

benyosh

Newly Enlightened

Anyone else get their Mag heads? I wonder how much longer before the next batch arrives. Here's hoping.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

The larger 250W 64655 just fits the bulb, but catches on the glass base, but I believe there is enough length with the bulb to get the 250W filament in the focal length.
I had a similar problem with my Mag275. I bored the reflector (a 2" one) juuuust enough to get the bulb in. I don't want any of those slippery little lumens sneaking away on me. But the flattened bulb base was just a touch too wide. As a result, when I tightened the head all the way down, it twisted the bulb and broke off one of the pins. When I replaced the bulb, I used a smooth Dremmel grinding wheel and just took the corners off the long edges of the base of the bulb. Now everything clears just fine. If you do this, just be carefull to use a smooth stone.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

I'll just use another 3" head/reflector (from you can guess who) for those few 250W bulbs.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll just use another 3" head/reflector (from you can guess who) for those few 250W bulbs.
Well, that's certainly another solution. :laughing:
Unless you didn't have the forethought to get one while they were available. Like me. :ohgeez:

Pokemonrules

Newly Enlightened

An update would be nice.
Does anyone know a working email for him? (I tried to email [email protected] but this mail didn't work.)

jefft

Enlightened

An update would be nice.
Does anyone know a working email for him? (I tried to email [email protected] but this mail didn't work.)

It's [email protected]. I did get an e-mail from David several weeks back. All the heads are ready, but he was still waiting to get the reflectors from Carley. I did mention that everyone would appreciate an update once in a while in this thread but I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening.

Delghi

Enlightened

Hello,

I'm very sorry for the lack of updates, with the new month I will be much more present on the forum.

Here's the situation I have everything ready and I almost completly filled half the orders. I am missing Carley reflectors to ship the rest. I am tryin to contact them to know the staus but had no result, maybe Litho123 could give us another hand :)

Anyway I know some of you have waited with patience and still have nothing in their hands. I thought I can start shipping some other order even if I miss some reflectors and complete them when Carley delivers with no extra shipping cost. I am putting down a shipping table so you can see who and what is shipped. Then I'll be again in the hands of Carley, hoping they deliver soon.

Thanks
David

kiely23+

Enlightened

thanks Delghi for the update!
:popcorn:

Action

Enlightened

I would love to receive the head without the reflector. I have a 3" reflector in hand and would be perfectly willing to pay extra to have the Carley reflector sent when it finally comes through.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thanks: :goodjob:

litho123

Enlightened

[edited] ... I am missing Carley reflectors to ship the rest. I am tryin to contact them to know the staus but had no result, maybe Litho123 could give us another hand :) ...

Thanks
David

:eek: Unbelievable! :whoopin: Let me give 'em a few "whacks" over the phone to get them going again :shakehead ...

Action

Enlightened

Delghi, any chance that you will publish a list of those shipped and those waiting for reflectors? Can you ship me the head sometime soon?

cd-card-biz

Enlightened

I received a PM on 9/4 offering to send a partial shipment while waiting for my 2nd reflector. I said "Yes!"

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.