• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Made 10440 size Titanium and Exotic flashlights Balaton Brass Release 7/25 6PM

AdamB

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Made 10440 size Titanium and Exotic flashlights called Balaton

sorry if this has been covered already,
but do you anticipate making/offering a pocket clip with this torch? thanks in advance and congrats on a great looking light.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

I asked the same question!

He said the light was designed with a clip in mind, but he just didn't design a clip yet. Other AAA clips may fit (maybe Eiger?) there's a place on the tail for it.

sorry if this has been covered already,
but do you anticipate making/offering a pocket clip with this torch? thanks in advance and congrats on a great looking light.

I asked the same question!

He said the light was designed with a clip in mind, but he just didn't design a clip yet. Other AAA clips may fit (maybe Eiger?) there's a place on the tail for it.

I did design the light with a clip in mind, but I didn't want to make anything mediocre just so it can have a clip. I can't tell for sure, if I'll be making a clip for this light or not, it depends on how busy I am with other projects. If you look at the picture below, the ring with the small dimples is not only a decorative part, but a spacer, that can be removed to add a clip. I'm not sure, if there is something existing that would work, but here are the dimensions. 0.050" thickness. ID is 0.560" OD is 0.700"

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast

PayPal sent with my order. Thank you for your help with options George!

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi George.

When do you start shipping all orders for this run?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hi George.

When do you start shipping all orders for this run?

Shipping starts on Tuesday with single Titanium orders, with exotics and dual orders including exitucs and Ti's following on Wed. And Thursday. All orders are planned to ship by Thursday. Thank you for your patience, I'm working very hard to get everything ready and shipped!

Quick update: The first packages have been shipped last morning, with more to follow until all shipped tomorrow morning. Once your package is shipped, you'll be receiving a tracking number from me. For the time being, make sure you have batteries. This one was designed with the Efest 350mAh unprotected cell in mind. Other unprotected 10440 cells will probably work as well. but this is the one it was tested with. This driver is for 10440 only, so putting a AAA won't make it work. Feel free to message me with any questions!

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Custom Made 10440 size Titanium and Exotic flashlights called Balaton

Soo.... I received an amazing surprise today.....received my Titanium Balaton beadblasted today! Didn't even know it had shipped but you know what totally happy !

It was extremely well packed, and the presentation box the balaton came in was an amazing touch. From the emblem inside the box, light and presentation bag. A lot of care and dedication went into this and I am honored to have a chance to try this light from George.

The size of the light easily provides a great grip on the light. The finish is immaculate. The reverse Clicky has a great feel to it.

My tritium choices were icy blue all over from the body. Threading is smooth on all pieces.
Its also plenty bright , having a nice hotspot in the middle with plenty of spill but definitely lets you see further than most aaa sized lights. My choice of led was a nichia 219c 4000k , which provides a very pleasant warm beam. My current favorite.I haven't tried programming yet but I'm sure it won't be hard.

Thank you George for this fine piece.

Edit: just finally got the best shot of the tritium glow with my phone.... so darn hard [emoji23]

6a3eb7e64284a113ffecd06a42d77430.jpg

ba5de35346678291aeecb8f8f4d4b0da.jpg

1995368b5acf0cd7535f2ca0aebbf7bf.jpg

9124e0a857b078eb7abbba25597218ff.jpg

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I should technically post this picture here, heres mine that arrived today as well.
3e68dde5dd39f93d1347595b57de9ff0.jpg

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Soo.... I received an amazing surprise today.....received my Titanium Balaton beadblasted today! Didn't even know it had shipped but you know what totally happy !

It was extremely well packed, and the presentation box the balaton came in was an amazing touch. From the emblem inside the box, light and presentation bag. A lot of care and dedication went into this and I am honored to have a chance to try this light from George.

The size of the light easily provides a great grip on the light. The finish is immaculate. The reverse Clicky has a great feel to it.

My tritium choices were icy blue all over from the body. Threading is smooth on all pieces.
Its also plenty bright , having a nice hotspot in the middle with plenty of spill but definitely lets you see further than most aaa sized lights. My choice of led was a nichia 219c 4000k , which provides a very pleasant warm beam. My current favorite.I haven't tried programming yet but I'm sure it won't be hard.

Edit: just finally got the best shot of the tritium glow with my phone.... so darn hard [emoji23]

Good call on the blue trits!

Thank you for this quick review, I realiy enjoyed reading it a first hand experience! Blue is definetely a really good choice in trits:) Thanks again!

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks George! She's a beaut, definitely a heirloom piece!
ab5cbfcce63319532300de1c9cb1b79a.jpg

Balaton Brass version, and a few more Titanium will be released this Thursday around 6PM PST. They will be sold in the " WTS: CPF's Custom & Modified Flashlights" (Non-exotic Sub-Forum)
Only 10 pcs. of brass Balaton was made out of which 6 of those will be available for grabs, half of them here, the other half is in Flashlight Fanatics FB forum. Same number will go for the Titanium versions . They will come with titanium sleeves as standard, but as you can see there is a new option for Ti and very few exotic sleeves, which will be available as an upgrade. These new sleeves are milled through, so they allow the underlying material to show as well. I only have 6 pcs. of the Ti slotted sleeves, 2 Damasteel Bluetongue and 1 etched Mokume, so if you miss out on these, you'll have to wait until early fall to have one (Same goes for existing owners who wanted to convert their non-exotic sleeves this way). Pricing for the brass will be considerably less of what the Titanium sells for, exact pricing will be announced at the time of the sale. Finish options are available for both the brass and Ti versions for an additional cost, sleeve finish options will be included free of charge. All lights will be assembled and shipped by the end of next week. If you're planning to have glow inserts installed, I will have to know your color choices at the time of the sale, in order to have them in time to install. Let me know, if you have any questions about these. Thank you for all your support and your encouraging words throughout this past few years, it all makes it worthwhile. Have a great week guys!

48362030791_580ac464bc_b.jpg

48362030696_5386dc967b_b.jpg

48362163977_bb8074c730_b.jpg

48362030536_54eebfb0d8_b.jpg

Quick reminder about the release of this batch, it will go up around 6PM Los Angeles time. 3 brass and 3 Ti will be available here and same on Flashlight Fanatics FB forum. If you end up getting one of these, please state your color choice of the trits, because I will order them very shortly after the sales goes on. As far as colors available, the trit size in the tail switch are 0.95mm x 3mm (5pcs.) available in green or ice blue. And please see the attached image for the color choices in the body. There are 1.5mm x 6mm (5pcs.) installed in the body, here are the available colors:

3200867.jpg

kevinm

Enlightened

Those brass are spectacular!

Just a quick headsup for all who purchased. All lights and sleeves will be shipped out tomorrow, I'll send you tracking info during the day or Sat. Also if you haven't purchased a battery yet, you'll need an Efest 10440 350mAh flat top unprotected battery. If you need one, let me know, and I can ship one with your light. Thank you for your patience!
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1564731463.608122.jpg