Custom made Titanium/Brass Case for DQG Fairy Finished!

After my last project (acrylic build) it was time to go back working with metals again (at least for a short while). Although it was a pain to cut the interior threads on the titanium, I was very happy with the end result. These metals go very well together, I will probably do a full build out of titanium/brass. Let me know, what you think!

DQG Case

DQG Case

DQG Case

DQG Case

DQG Case

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, I don´t know why I would put the light into that beautyfull case, but it is seems very well made and definitly looks great :thumbsup: I think some would want that as a battery carrier. Keep up your work and don´t hesitate to post it here :)

Eric

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, that Case looks better than the flashlight! lol First time I have seen a case for a light. Too funny. Strange, most buy a spare battery carrier, you bring that to a whole new level, carry a spare light! lol

ven

Flashaholic
Must admit its too nice for the fairy, would make an awesome mule around the neck! Little battery and a nice nichia in there..............:D

Thank You, for all the compliments! So to explain, why I would build a case for a flashlight, here we go. As much as I liked the DQG, and wanted to be my EDC, I was worried about it being scratched up on my key chain. So, I've built this case for carrying around the neck (to be a flashaholic's bling if you will:). The first idea came, after I've seen small pill containers, that are carried on key chains, around the neck, and I thought I could make a container more attractive, even carry the DQG inside. This is not the first container I've built either. The very first "flashlight" I've built, was a waterproof container, for a small "coast" flashlight. It was built in 2004, so at the time I didn't know much about build supplies, so I even made the lens for it out of acrylic stock. Anyways, here is a pic. of it.

DSC06883

Last edited:
Must admit its too nice for the fairy, would make an awesome mule around the neck! Little battery and a nice nichia in there..............:D

Thanks Ven, something like that, might be in the works.A true flashaholic needs to have a flashlight on them at all times!:)

Same here, I don´t know why I would put the light into that beautyfull case, but it is seems very well made and definitly looks great :thumbsup: I think some would want that as a battery carrier. Keep up your work and don´t hesitate to post it here :)

Eric

Thanks, for the kind words Eric, I guess, the only batter I could carry in it, is the one for the DQG Fairy. At the time I've built it, I only had the Fairy....now I have the DQG Hobi, which surprisingly doesn't fit in there, since it is a bit longer.

Dang, that Case looks better than the flashlight! lol First time I have seen a case for a light. Too funny. Strange, most buy a spare battery carrier, you bring that to a whole new level, carry a spare light! lol

Thank You, I always have spare lights on me....not like I need it most of the time. You should see my backpack, leaving on an oversees trip:) I usually have a military style emergency beacon, a small flashlight...a large flashlight:)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Seeing your skills, I am wondering if they would be put to even better use by making a beautiful outer shell for a highly regarded flashlight but with a less interesting body, so that the internals could be transferred to your shell.

Maybe other DQG lights could be used for internals .... or even Zebralights for example?

Seeing your skills, I am wondering if they would be put to even better use by making a beautiful outer shell for a highly regarded flashlight but with a less interesting body, so that the internals could be transferred to your shell.

Maybe other DQG lights could be used for internals .... or even Zebralights for example?

I have done something like that before, as mentioned earlier in this thread, and I will probably use some internals, that I can't easily re-create....although, I will try and build my lights as unique as I can, both from a design perspective, and electronically as well. Next one should receive a great interest , if all goes as planned!:)

easilyled

Flashaholic
I have done something like that before, as mentioned earlier in this thread, and I will probably use some internals, that I can't easily re-create....although, I will try and build my lights as unique as I can, both from a design perspective, and electronically as well. Next one should receive a great interest , if all goes as planned!:)

I'm very interested already and I don't know anything about it yet! :)