• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1654 Lumen OTF!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jessie-
I'm saving up for a copper 5.6a & I was wondering if the XP-E used the same optics as XP-G

Also wondering if they throw a wee bit more. Has anyone done a lux comparison of the two?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jesse,
Just saw this thread. I think you know what I want but here is the recipe. Can't wait to get it! This is it baby, I'll never have to buy another drop-in after this. :D
5.6A copper, Carclo Plain Tight, R4 5000K neutral, 2-mode L-H, FETie, standard US shipping: $393
Wilkey
Hey Jesse,
Just wanted to let you know that your engine in a C2 has been my EDC since I received it and it has performed wonderfully. I thought I could share this picture that shows off the raw power of this drop-in. I had it in my Ripoffs CO-63 holster and accidentally activated the FETie-equipped clicky while plopping down into my driver's seat wearing a bulky jacket. Well, a few minutes later, I smell something burny and started to feel my hip getting hot. It turned out that the light activated on high and had heated up the steel belt clip enough so that I could feel it through my jeans. And it did this to the inside of the holster, the flap that covers the front of the flashlight. It melted right through the 400 denier nylon pack cloth and and the poly padding underneath!
VIDSMHolsterBurn01.jpg

So I guess my point is, when you wrote this in your opening post, you weren't kidding. I would also note that even with the damage that was done, the drop-in itself did not trigger thermal shutdown. This is one helluva testament to the value of that massive chunk of copper as the heat sink. Now if anyone ever asks if an LED can burn stuff, here's the proof that it can.

Warning:
These light engines can be dangerous. If left unattended, one could get hot
enough to cause a failure in the battery, resulting in a possible fire or
explosion. Do not point light at eyes or skin. This is a very high power device.
Do not run unattended. Thermal shutdown designed for emergency shutdown only.
Always lock out tail-cap when not in use to avoid unintentional turn on. Only
use High quality Li-Ion cells rated for the current draw of the light engine. No
responsibility will be taken for any damage done, personal or punative, by the
extreme power of these light engines. You agree to this upon purchasing one.

Wilkey

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello! Been looking at these for a while and it is time to place an order.

I will send PayPal for the following. Please provide me with your PayPal address.

• R4 Neutral (4000K) Quad
  • 5.6A
  • Copper Sink
  • L-M-H 3 Mode driver
  • Khatod Optic
  • FETtie switch

Thanks,

-Rich

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will send PayPal for the following. Please provide me with your PayPal address.
  • 5.6A
  • Copper Sink
  • L-M-H 3 Mode driver
  • Khatod Optic
  • FETtie switch
Thanks,

-Rich

Wow, does no one want my money??!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Jesse must be out of town.
I haven't heard back from him either.
Usually he's quick to respond.
Hope all is well!

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
VanisleDsm sold me a quad and I have never taken it out of my pocket
Anybody that sees the light on full blast is ALWAYS asking me where I bought it.
He is an honest seller too, he might be a lil busy at the moment but it is definatly worth the wait...

DaGreenLantern

Newly Enlightened
@Kestrel.. Sorry i dont understand what u mean by ---> "wow,sounds like a closeup inspection"

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Sorry for my absence this week guys. I've been deathly ill. I'm back on my feet now though!

Chris and Bugsy, you fellas are most welcome. Glad you're happy!

RichS, I didn't receive any PM from you, not sure what happened there, PMing you right now, sorry again for the wait, but you wouldn't have wanted me building your drop-in in the state I was in, believe me!

Last edited:

polarion

Newly Enlightened
Jesse is a great manufacturer and seller and makes products of very high quality. I now have 3 Quads and 3 FETties installed in a Cooly , FiveMega and a SF C2. One of these Quads even survived a "nasty accident" involving components it was not engineered to deal with!
My very bad!!!
Jesse's products is absolutely to be recomended.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

• 5.6A
  • Copper Sink
  • L-M-H 3 Mode driver
  • Khatod Optic
  • FETtie switch
Thanks,

-Rich

Sorry, will need to put a hold on this order for now funds are a little tighter as Christmas gets closer...

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to your results with the XP-E

Was also thinking u might want to try quad XP-C!!

Not sure how they would work with the current optics.

Might be awesome tho.

texas cop

Enlightened
I'm sitting here playing around with the 5.6 amp low/high S2 pill. I've been wanting to use this one for about 2 months but haven't gotten a 26650 host yet. So today I put it in the Solarforce L2m with a FETtie switch. With the single IMR 18350 i'm getting 0.35 and 3.42 amp readings with low/high and .32 and 3.24 with the AW 3100 18650. Big disclaimer the meter has 30 inches of skinny wires too measures current through. Compared to a triple xm-l powered by a 26650 I have the beams look almost the same. I know the IMR 18350 was never meant to run at such loads so I'm keeping run times under 10 seconds so far. Looking forward to running this and the Septa on a TNC 26650 V3 host soon, thanks for this great quad.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Hi Texas Cop,

You can also use an IMR 18650 if you have a Surefire host. To test current properly you'll need a high resolution clamp type meter with a thick wire at the tail cap. These clamp type meters have come down in price a lot in the last few years and are now quite affordable, and very useful.

The IMR18350 has a max discharge of exactly 5.6A, so I wouldn't think it necessarily unsafe to use, but I also wouldn't expect much runtime either!

If you missed the post in the Septa thread, I have just now completed the Multi-Mode version and it is available for sale. 3340 Lumen with the S2 LED! Sales thread will be up soon, you can PM if you don't wish to wait. $450 for Single Mode, $480 for Multi-Mode.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on getting the septa to market Jesse! Now I have a new part on my must have list!!

MrSypher

Newly Enlightened
I've been waiting for the Septa multi mode to drop that or your 5.6 Quad.. Sending you a PM now..