• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Surefire® Lego Parts M|C|Z|P|G: Adaptors, Extenders, Bezels, Bodies, Tailcaps

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Has colouring a G2(3)-FYL body been considered? Might that allow a brighter green?

Yes, considered and tried. The FYL's have some kind of coating/treatment that makes the surface virtually impenetrable to dye. An hour+ in heavy concentration at temperature, yielded only the smallest penetrations.

do you plan making SF "M" adapter for beautiful Moddoolar tubes?

Yes. This is something Tom is actively working on.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
We were making specially colored G2's around 18 months ago and came up with that specific green (custom mixed) toward the end of that period. We managed to dye a single one before moving on to other projects. It was sold to a fellow in California as I recall.

I'll see if our colorist is up to resurrecting the color kit and making more.

ok...let me know! :popcorn:

Zot

Enlightened
Hey EG,
Any idea when your next batch of GID lights will be available?

GID Cerakote is something we spent 18 months developing, including several rounds of prototype processes. The NIC factory has contacted us about it, but its not likely to show up elsewhere. GID orange 6Ps are next, with more GID white and orange (in all models) after that.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic