• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XPL/XGP2/219)

cubebike

Enlightened
Re: Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

I am looking for xpg2 E1E! Seems no luck today!

jd1911

Newly Enlightened

I hope one of the E2E XPG2's last this long when they are released in two weeks.

......Now 4 Neutral's available....

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Not likely. The race is for sheer output is back.

Most of the folks who wanted a Nicha/219 triple now have one.

999snafu

Newly Enlightened

Got my triple XP-G2 E2 about a week ago and it's a great light. Perfect (IMHO) pocketable surefire body and great power and build quality from Oveready/Torchlab in modding it.

I've used it a few times walking the dog and last night noticed an issue, when I was walking along lighting the path on low and wanted to go up to high (to see where the hound had run off to) I dabbed the switch a couple times as I got to high I clicked the switch to stay on high and when the switch clicked the light stayed on but the level went down to low.

Thinking that I had maybe just accidentally dabbed the switch an extra time while trying to change modes quickly I went through them a second time and again at the precise moment I clicked the switch to stay on at high the light changed down to low. I tried again and it behaved normally the third time.

I have tried the light a few times since and sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't, I thought that it might have been due to excess heat in the head but then one time it did it straight out of my pocket. I've tried a couple of different E series switches in case it was a switch problem but it done the same thing with each switch.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, sometimes it's just once, sometimes twice or three times in a row. Other times I use the light and it doesn't happen.

Anybody got any ideas?

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

What you are describing is a symptom of the stock switch and the way that it is built.
There is a bit of an intermittent contact between momentary, and latched on.
This is not a problem and is unnoticeable with a single mode stock head.

Holding the button down for 1/2 second before releasing seems to help eliminate it most of the time.

We explored using a mcclicky in this light, but the results were not favorable.

Let us know if we can help satisfy you any further.

999snafu

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for quick reply, it's put my mind at rest that I'd got a dodgy head. I was about to edit my post cos I'd just found from further testing that the "problem" was only occurring when I was running on a single 17670, when I run it on two 18350's the issue doesn't occur. I'm guessing after what you said that the very slightly longer length of the two cells puts more pressure on the switch eliminating that intermittent contact.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

This happens on both of my samples. I figured it was what Moddo says above. I experience this phenomenon on one and two cells, randomly.

One thing i do notice is when it is hot (HOT!) and i try to go back to low, it kicks staight to medium.

hoplite

Newly Enlightened

Holding the button down for 1/2 second before releasing seems to help eliminate it most of the time.

The switch problem is random and mildly annoying on a light of this quality. Can you elaborate on the "not favorable" results with the McClicky? I'd be happy to install it myself, unless there's a functional problem.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys, we are listening.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us.

Please give us a week to further explore this.

Thanks for your support.

brunt_sp

Enlightened

I have never been a fan of Surefire tailcap switches and I know threads which have covered the subject of failings over the years. Personally I have had great success with the McTc tailcap from the Sandwich Shoppe which accepts the McClicky switch. It's of a style similar to the SF E2D tailcap.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

What you are describing is a symptom of the stock switch and the way that it is built.
There is a bit of an intermittent contact between momentary, and latched on.
This is not a problem and is unnoticeable with a single mode stock head.

Let us know if we can help satisfy you any further.

Mine does the same thing and I was concerned that I had a bad head but quickly figured out it is the inermitent switch. I put the head on my fivemega 18650 stainless steel body which uses a mc clicky switch and it works flawlessly. Glad I am not the only one. I thought perhaps it was a bad switch but apparently this is inherent to Surefire clickies.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

I have never been a fan of Surefire tailcap switches and I know threads which have covered the subject of failings over the years. Personally I have had great success with the McTc tailcap from the Sandwich Shoppe which accepts the McClicky switch. It's of a style similar to the SF E2D tailcap.

Yes, you are correct. But the copper shroud kind of makes the light for me. Matches the bezel nicely. :)

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Had similar issue switch issue on my E1e after using it for ~2 weeks or so, initially thought it was a low battery so changed out battery (battery was still ~4V found out later when I went to charge it). Hasn't happened again since then. Great light - I've been using the crap out of my E1e and haven't really used my E2e (don't have a good holster for it which is why I haven't used it).

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys, we are listening.

Your satisfaction is extremely important to us.

Please give us a week to further explore this.

Thanks for your support.

Holding down the button for 1 to 2 seconds works very well when using 2 X 18350 configuration. I did notice that when using a 1 X 18650 configuration the time needed to prevent switching to the next level is more like 4 or 5 seconds. Apparently the time needed is voltage dependent.

scout24

Flashaholic

Senna- good tip on the time delay. Mine does the same thing on occasion, more frequently when I "speed shift" between levels. Not a huge issue, but I'm sure Oveready will sort it out. :thumbsup:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Guys,

We have a solution to this switch issue.
We are working to make it available to you all.
There will be more details next week.

Thank You

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Guys,

We have a solution to this switch issue.
We are working to make it available to you all.
There will be more details next week.

Thank You

Great news!!! Thanks for the update.