• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XPL/XGP2/219)

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TorchLAB V4 Triple LED drop ins - Full Boost, Thermal, and Voltage Regulation

Yes that is very nice policescannerman. Anyone have photos of the Ti version?

samuraishot

Enlightened
Got my Triple Copper E1e today!

Everyone already knows about the awesomeness of the X-PG2s so I'll talk about the shroud :D

Tail stand this sucker and it won't budge. It's just enough shroud so that the boot doesn't touch the surface, and it's not too deep so that it feels you gotta push your finger way in there to activate the light.

I've tried out a McClickie pak (which is great, no negatives there!), a Z68, a scalloped E2d, a Delrin shroud, and brass one too.

This copper shroud is one of my favorites!

It's hard to explain, but it feels like it's not there :p unobtrusive even. I'm glad it was part of the light!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: Triple Copper 18mm E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

Interesting. I haven't even got an insider email yet. Must be in the mail :)

Shoot us an EM, maybe your address is missing/suppressed/filtered.

Are there plans on releasing one with a less prominent tail caps

Policescannerman very nice. That tail shroud isnt for me though.

I'll see if Tom has some OEM plastic rings handy, see about an option for batch 2.

Whoa! How purdy!!!

+1, great pics!

XPG2 :D

Rediculously bright on 2x18350. Seems brighter than my Quad R5 used to be

Yeah, H3/XPG2 engines are running 15 watts, producing nearly 1700L on two cells (less than 3 amps!). This is true with the E2, Moddoolar Heads, and Drop ins.

Last edited:

samuraishot

Enlightened
This is a dumb question, but I need to clarify so that I don't break anything. The triple heads of the E1e and E2e are the same right? So I can run the Triple from an E1e body on an E2e body?

Are there any plans for an e-series Triad?

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Triple Copper Surefire E1e & E2e (XGP2/219)

Yes an option with an E-series Triad tail will be perfect :naughty:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is it possible to send an E1E to you guys to be modded in a similar fashion? I wish I saw this earlier...missed out on this one

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Are there any for sale or not?

These are great mods, i really would like to purchase one, but
i have some problems to look thruogh this thread. :(

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think they were all sold out within minutes... :(

sassaquin

Enlightened

Check out Oveready Insider 38, it showcases these limited lights and addresses how they will be released over the next few months. I lucked out and was able to score a triple copper E1e in the wee hours of the night yesterday. :)

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a dumb question, but I need to clarify so that I don't break anything. The triple heads of the E1e and E2e are the same right? So I can run the Triple from an E1e body on an E2e body?

Yes you can - I asked Dan in an email as I have an E1e and E2e on the way (I would have photos but I have them shipped to work - I'll get them Monday). The difference is that one is black and one is grey. I ordered one with the 219 and broke down and ordered one with a cool XPG2.

Interestingly I was on the site about 15 minutes after the email hit and was only able to get the E1e, I went back an hour later to check something and the E2e were available then. So you need to check early & often (just like voting in Chicago :devil: - early & often).

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Check out Oveready Insider 38, it showcases these limited lights and addresses how they will be released over the next few months. I lucked out and was able to score a triple copper E1e in the wee hours of the night yesterday. :)

:confused: I send them an email wanting to purchase both the E1E and E2E just a couple of days back, and was told it was sold out immediately! They told me that I was to be notified when it is to be made available again. Something just don't tally if you are able to get one just yesterday??? :thinking:

I just want to buy a light and don't intend to change my life style or waste my life away by camping out at their web site all day & night...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: TorchLAB V4 Triple LED drop ins - Full Boost, Thermal, and Voltage Regulation

The triple heads of the E1e and E2e are the same right? So I can run the Triple from an E1e body on an E2e body?

e1 and e2 heads are internally identical. The only differences are color (black/nat) and LED (219/xpg2)

Are there any plans for an e-series Triad?

Yes an option with an E-series Triad tail will be perfect :naughty:

Not with existing methods, but we are lining up a five axis machine that may make these easier/possible.

I lucked out and was able to score a triple copper E1e in the wee hours of the night yesterday.

Yeah, I was holding that one for myself then decided it wasn't fair so posted it a few minutes before you checked.

Is it possible to send an E1E to you guys to be modded in a similar fashion?

Even in batches, each of these represents massive work/time/investment. We will not have the energy for more when they (new units) are done. Plenty more E2's are on the way.

Are there any for sale or not?

These are great mods, i really would like to purchase one, but
i have some problems to look thruogh this thread. :(

Sorry for the confusion. I've added release schedules to post 1. These will updated with replies to this thread.

I just tried to relist for it but it will not let me ?

PM replied. Anyone not receiving the Insider email but expecting to, please EM/PM on the status of your email address. All Insiders are archived here.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

that looks so awesome!

edit: I got the insider email on sept. 6 at 5:16pm EST

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

@nfetterly & EG, thanks for the info!

I get mine tomorrow - I ordered an extra copper shroud. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No need to bump this up, but received my E1e 219 triple & E2e XPG2 triple. VERY VERY nice. I haven't swapped the heads around yet to see the 219 on two cells, but either one is bright at the second level, good for probably 80% of my use (10% -15% use is at low level). Won't need the high very often or for very long. I will run it for a while and see how it compares to some of my other bright high amperage lights.

Incidentally - love the black Ha on the E1e 219. Taking that one with me tomorrow on my trip.

Last edited:

samuraishot

Enlightened
Here are some photos of mine :D

jy6aqeju.jpg
urubaqem.jpg
ajadynu9.jpg
9y5yhyme.jpg
4a7u2uhu.jpg

I agree with nfetterly, the 2nd level is plenty bright - I actually thought it was already on the 3rd level when it was on the 2nd, then I clicked again, and wham! I compared it to my Milky Expurgator, which has an XPG R51C, but it seems the XPG2 is not as icy, which I like :)

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened

Looks great.

Beamshots? Especially comparison ones?

Thanks.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks great.

Beamshots? Especially comparison ones?

Thanks.

I can probably get some done on the weekend. It's similar to the earlier triples they released before (from memory) but in much smaller sizes. I personally really like the XP-E triple because it has alot more throw than most of tthe triples. This one is similar to most. A WALL OF LIGHT in a very small package.

mikepesikan

Newly Enlightened

I would love to get one of these, staying tuned. :)