• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

DC2 / 18650 Model

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the reverse clicky switches will take a lot of current, much more than we're running through them. Personally, I found having to turn the light on first before entering programming mode was annoying at first. But after a few times, it's fine.

Hoping the new programmable driver will make the H17F upgrade unnecessary (for me).

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just different. It was a bit frustrating when you're used to a forward clicky the first few times, but after that it's just as easy.

Yes, we're certainly going to try and fit the McClicky into the light. I'm pretty sure we can do it, but we haven't done it yet. It's not at the top of the list though, but it is on the list. We will have to drop the output to keep the McClicky from melting.

Yes, the reverse clicky switches will take a lot of current, much more than we're running through them. Personally, I found having to turn the light on first before entering programming mode was annoying at first. But after a few times, it's fine.

Perhaps a design around a standard PCB type switch as pictured. Can easily choose between a forward clicky or reverse clicky with one design depending on the switch on the PCB rather than two body designs.

Watermark is where you can find this particular item but not linked.

6koQxNA.jpg

okluma

Enlightened
The DC2 is designed for a switch with a 16mm PCB just like that. I was thinking people would actually want a McClicky and not just a forward clicky switch.

okluma

Enlightened
No, it was primarily to change the way the tail assembly works. Having a switch capable of more is nice, but not the reason we switched.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent. Makes these more appealing. So many cool things to do to them now. Lighted tailcaps?

Taxman

Newly Enlightened
Fantastic Jeff. Can you give us a hint as to the cost, i.e. twice what the DC1 cost perhaps? I understand if you haven't determined that yet either.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantastic Jeff. Can you give us a hint as to the cost, i.e. twice what the DC1 cost perhaps? I understand if you haven't determined that yet either.

I think it was like $50 more when the first people bought them? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not going to be anywhere near double :p

okluma

Enlightened

I think it was like $50 more when the first people bought them? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not going to be anywhere near double :p

Brass, copper and titanium will be 549, and aluminum will be 349.