• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Deal-of-the-Day Finds

Greta

Flashaholic
There are several deal-of-the-day type sites available that are now attracting our attention. As a result, particularly regarding 3rd party "deal finder" sites, we have new threads created that are valid and effective for no more than a day, and continue on after the "deal" is finished with little more than small talk about what was ordered, what has been received, condition of the product and other matters that are beyond the scope of this forum. In addition, some such threads serve more as a prominently posted advertisement for a firm, than it does as a notice of a good deals find.

For the reasons mentioned, such deals are to be placed in this thread, and the small talk posts considered off-topic will be removed.

New threads of this type will be moved here, if it's follow-up commentary is reasonable for this thread and/or it's not classed as unauthorized advertising. Otherwise, the new thread will likely be closed.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CPFMP had a section for "other auction notices". If I found an eBay auction for a rare light, such as an Abel LX2, would this be the correct sub forum in which to start a thread?

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Going Gear has 6 HDS Executive 140 GDP Clickys in stock.

$135.15 shipped.

:hitit: but I have too many HDS already :nana:

Last edited:

iShaman

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious to know what y'all think of the light and this deal. I've got more lights than I need but it would be cool to have a relatively small light I can use around the house to light up a broad swath of real estate as I scan my property for coyotes and migrating (above ground) gophers so I can "encourage" them to "leave".

Last edited by a moderator:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
$144.99 @ Amazon Deal of the Day.

Just to clarify, the deal is for the Surefire P3X, MSRP of $250. Looks like the deal expires in about five hours at 3 am Eastern Time August 1, 2015.

The Amazon deals on Surefire are hard to beat, I recently bought a SF EB1 for $127 and a SF EB2 for $147.:sold:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not been following Surefire prices but I think this is a solid light and a good deal ($40 less than the next best price today). I just received the light and it is quite bright, solid feeling, and pure Surefire quality. The beam is a nice central white hot spot surrounded by a warmer ring and a cooler spill (only visible at distances of a few feet, farther than that and it gets much more even, color and intensity wise). The light is reasonably well balanced due to its 3 x CR123 body. Finally, the included batteries are dated 4/2015 so I think this is a recent production not old stock (the light's specs have not changed since its introduction in 2013). This will be replacing my current vehicle light (a 6P with an LED drop-in).

FYI, the deal is still on and in stock for those interested. If I were not saving for some customs, I would buy another.:devil:

PS I edited the original post to clarify what the DotD was. Thanks Vox for clarifying. Also thanks to the mods for moving the post to the right thread. I had, in my rush to post, put it in its own thread. I'll remember to put such deals here in the future.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 3 or 4 Surefire lights in the Amazon Lightning Deals section. The first one starts in either 50 minutes, or 80 minutes. Not sure of the price until the deal starts.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good catch, I did not even look at the lightning deals.:ohgeez: The upcoming deals start tomorrow (these are early access times for Prime members, for non-prime the deals start half an hour later)

9AM: E1B
12AM: E2B
3PM: P2X Fury Tactical

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire 6P $20 - expires in a few hours

I cannot get it to check out with PP, it just times out, and goes into this screen with:

Please note: Shipping rates have been updated based on your new "ship to" address. Please review then resubmit your order.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess you guys have never dealt with government liquidation before?

The Creekside location is notorious for auctioning off items, you driving hundreds of miles to pickup your auction win, only to find that the item is either 1. Doesn't match the pictures or description used 2. The quantity is less than listed on the auction description 3. The item is no longer there 4. The item is damaged.

Government Liquidation was the sole auction house for government surplus. So many complaints were filed against them, that Congress went back and required that a second company become involved in surplus auctions.

They have to worst customer service. Their terms and conditions require you if you take legal action against them to sue them in the state Arizona (where they happen to be based).

I just ran a dummy purchase thru, and they are charging a different sales tax rate than what my state collects.

Buyer beware.

Last edited:

sob898

Newly Enlightened

Nice find let check this one out.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
Re: Deal of the Day on a Nitecore MT10C

Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet deal of the day is a Surefire FM35 red filter for $15.00. (+$5 for Shipping and also some kind of tax? Still a good deal though.)