Deal or No Deal??

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the price for this light is at least 50% less than that of its better quality Thrunite counterpart, then I believe it's an excellent deal for a beater.

Flashlike

Enlightened
154 reviews on Amazon with 4.5 out of 5 stars. At the (approximately) $20.00 price point it looks like a good value to me.
I would exercise caution with the supplied 18650 battery, though. It probably does not have overcharge or over-discharge protection.

BitGeek

Newly Enlightened
Nice review...I enjoy your channel! Keep up the good work!

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
154 reviews on Amazon with 4.5 out of 5 stars. At the (approximately) $20.00 price point it looks like a good value to me.
I would exercise caution with the supplied 18650 battery, though. It probably does not have overcharge or over-discharge protection.
Fenix has a couple of new batteries like that one with built in charge port. There is a small led indicator that lets you know when its fully charged on theirs. But this budget light even without the included battery seems like a pretty good deal. I doubt I'd bite but for those that are very $$ conscientious it's another choice.

By the way I enjoyed your video.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review...I enjoy your channel! Keep up the good work!

Thank you :)

Fenix has a couple of new batteries like that one with built in charge port. There is a small led indicator that lets you know when its fully charged on theirs. But this budget light even without the included battery seems like a pretty good deal. I doubt I'd bite but for those that are very $$ conscientious it's another choice.

By the way I enjoyed your video.

Just now someone pointed out to me else where that there is an indicator I had missed, on the top of the cell. Red for charging green for done.

:tinfoil:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
No problem brother. I also left a shadow up for a day so those who participated can find the thread here. I gotta check out the video.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I took the plunge and got me an Atactical A1S with the XP-L and 3400mAh battery. I kind of like the light considering the price. The beam and tint are nice. The only negativity for me was that the 2nd and 3rd levels are jumpy when looking at the output with my data logging light meter within the light box. You're eyes don't see it but its not rock solid current regulated like your more expensive lights. I'm not sure if its PWM or not. The low level wasn't that jumpy and my measurement came in at 23 lumens against their stated 24 lumens. So that's pretty accurate. The max level was about 1000 lumens whereas they state 1150 lumens. I'm ok with the lower level as I wouldn't use that beyond a momentary use anyway. Looks like Thrunite is the manufacturer?

dcEfyi2.jpg

MotorHorse

Newly Enlightened
So many decent-looking budget lights lately...time to add another contender to the growing pile of lights.
The "S" version of the light looks like a decent price @ $30 for people that need a little bit more oomph.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks an awful lot like my TN12. Just a rebadged Thrunite with crenlated bezel?

I think I did read that somewhere, but I can't recall now where I saw it...

So many decent-looking budget lights lately...time to add another contender to the growing pile of lights.
The "S" version of the light looks like a decent price @ $30 for people that need a little bit more oomph.

I may get one and do a side by side of the two and see if there's ten bucks worth of difference. :)

das_blinkenlighten

Newly Enlightened
I'm strongly considering this one for my first 18650 flashlight, after getting a Thrunite C2 single 18650 charger/power bank. I'd love to know the color temp of the "neutral white" - it doesn't seem to say in the product listing. I'm old school and wish there were a 3000K option for basically all lights I'd use at night.

irongate

Enlightened
Nice review on the light. Nice music to go with in the city setting of showing that light in a real world setting.
For that price-keep it in the car or truck as a back-up.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm strongly considering this one for my first 18650 flashlight, after getting a Thrunite C2 single 18650 charger/power bank. I'd love to know the color temp of the "neutral white" - it doesn't seem to say in the product listing. I'm old school and wish there were a 3000K option for basically all lights I'd use at night.

Ya, I've not seen anything that says the temp of the neutral white either. Most of the time when I get the neutral white version of most production lights anymore I end up with about 5000k. 4500 when I'm lucky. The only light I've picked up this year with anything warmer than that was the Convoy Tiny keychain light.. Got that one in 4000K :)

Nice review on the light. Nice music to go with in the city setting of showing that light in a real world setting.
For that price-keep it in the car or truck as a back-up.

Thank you, I really appreciate you letting me know. I just loved that music too.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Thrunite TN12 happily eats protected and unprotected 18650 cells. I wonder if the Atactical is the same, since it is designed to accommodate the longer proprietary battery with the USB port and circuitry.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Modernflame,

Just now I put my shortest flat top unprotected cell in there and it works. If you hit the tail cap hard enough it will break the connection and power off, but this took a pretty good strike to do it.