DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still got my fingers crossed for DEFT-edc that will take primaries and RCRs.

I haven't bought a flashlight in a while, so I'm sitting on a pile of flashlight cash. Make it happen and I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Still got my fingers crossed for DEFT-edc that will take primaries and RCRs.

I haven't bought a flashlight in a while, so I'm sitting on a pile of flashlight cash. Make it happen and I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Do you realize that if you used some of that pile of flashlight cash to buy an 18650...you could have the LR+?

:D

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you realize that if you used some of that pile of flashlight cash to buy an 18650...you could have the LR+?

I use RCRs, and carry primaries as spares. With the way I use my lights, accepting primary batteries are critical.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I use RCRs, and carry primaries as spares. With the way I use my lights, accepting primary batteries are critical.

Interesting...how DO you use your lights that accepting primaries is critical? Weapon use?

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting...how DO you use your lights that accepting primaries is critical? Weapon use?

Lighting up something at a distance and/or over a wide area. This is why my TN11 gets a lot of use since it projects a massive spot out to a considerable distance while still having equally massive side spill to act as a capable floodlight at close range if necessary. But, still, it wouldn't be bad to have a more powerful dedicated thrower because all that intense spill means that sometimes there are crap in the way that shine the light right back towards my face. That's not to mention the fact that TN11 drains a lot of juice to achieve that throw and output, so I have to carry spares. I carry an extra set of RCRs, apart from the ones already in the light itself, and rotate them when needed, and haven't gotten to the point where I had to use the spare primaries, but the possibility is there. On RCRs, I get around 15 minutes of runtime on max. I could use the extenders, but the current size is perfect and adding any more length would mean that the light's tail will be sticking uncomfortably out of my pocket.

Oh, and, the way I carry my batteries also have something to do with my desire to see a DEFT-edc taking CR123A and RCR123A. I carry all of my spares in the Delrin battery lockers, which are just about the most indestructible pieces of battery storage cases I've ever seen. Unfortunately, they don't make the things to hold 18650, which is the reason why I try to stay away from 18650s. I purchased some Keep2Go tubes to experiment with 18650s, but they are as nowhere as durable as Delrin cases.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Lighting up something at a distance and/or over a wide area. This is why my TN11 gets a lot of use since it projects a massive spot out to a considerable distance while still having equally massive side spill to act as a capable floodlight at close range if necessary. But, still, it wouldn't be bad to have a more powerful dedicated thrower because all that intense spill means that sometimes there are crap in the way that shine the light right back towards my face. That's not to mention the fact that TN11 drains a lot of juice to achieve that throw and output, so I have to carry spares. I carry an extra set of RCRs, apart from the ones already in the light itself, and rotate them when needed, and haven't gotten to the point where I had to use the spare primaries, but the possibility is there. On RCRs, I get around 15 minutes of runtime on max. I could use the extenders, but the current size is perfect and adding any more length would mean that the light's tail will be sticking uncomfortably out of my pocket.

Oh, and, the way I carry my batteries also have something to do with my desire to see a DEFT-edc taking CR123A and RCR123A. I carry all of my spares in the Delrin battery lockers, which are just about the most indestructible pieces of battery storage cases I've ever seen. Unfortunately, they don't make the things to hold 18650, which is the reason why I try to stay away from 18650s. I purchased some Keep2Go tubes to experiment with 18650s, but they are as nowhere as durable as Delrin cases.

OK, but you are only getting 15 min of runtime, so you carry spare batteries, but with the 18650's I get closer to an hr per cell in the edc LR...so you don't need as many cells...one 18650 would replace 2 123's in size, but if they last an hr...and it takes 2 123's for 15 minutes, that's 8 123's to run an hr...vs ONE 18650.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, but you are only getting 15 min of runtime, so you carry spare batteries, but with the 18650's I get closer to an hr per cell in the edc LR...so you don't need as many cells...one 18650 would replace 2 123's in size, but if they last an hr...and it takes 2 123's for 15 minutes, that's 8 123's to run an hr...vs ONE 18650.

Oh, no, TN11 gets 15 minutes of runtime using RCRs. With primaries, it's much longer. I don't use 18650 with it since the light goes into direct drive in that configuration, not to mention the fact that I haven't been able to find storage cases for 18650 that are as durable as Delrin cases. I guess I got spoiled with the Delrin case, because I can't figure out a way to destroy them short of a bullet.

Anyway, if I can get a DEFT-edc that feeds off on 123-size cells, I can probably retire the TN11 and replace it with a smaller high-powered floodlight, which would be really nice since I'm end up standing and running around all day when I'm at work.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Otterbox and Pelican cases are too large for pocket carry. Delrin cases are perfect for me.

The whole point of me looking at DEFT-edc is so that I can reduce my inventory with a farther throwing light.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Otterbox and Pelican cases are too large for pocket carry. Delrin cases are perfect for me.

The whole point of me looking at DEFT-edc is so that I can reduce my inventory with a farther throwing light.

I haven't seen a Delrin case...what are the dimensions?

I'm always looking for stuff like that.

yifu

Enlightened
Well enomoski, you can forget it. Saalbuster had said in the first post that he wont make DEFT EDCs anymore and that they are out of production... But that's GREAT news for me! As it means we'll get the real DEFT very soon hopefully!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I want to emphasize again if there are any of these left, that this DEFT edc LR 72K cd (that name is too long) really kicks ***. Way beyond the two previous versions.

I'm a proud Incand Jockey to this day, but these are just so perfect for having mega throw in a small package (I said earlier it's like having a MaxaBeam pocket version) and that is circumscribed into a square footprint that does not spill into homes and oncoming traffic when out walking your dog. There is nothing else like it, especially using the mega throw to eyeball those lurking coyotees that are so cunning in stalking you at night.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well enomoski, you can forget it. Saalbuster had said in the first post that he wont make DEFT EDCs anymore and that they are out of production... But that's GREAT news for me! As it means we'll get the real DEFT very soon hopefully!

I'm just going by what the guy said.

As a follow-up of my previous question from another thread regarding DEFT-edc with CR123A and/or RCR123A compatibilities; when can it be expected?
It may be awhile. 5-6 months maybe.

So, I would appreciate it if you can stop ruining it for me. D:<

rick108

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I just ordered a DEFT EDC LR+. Does this light use a 18650 with a flat or button top? I'm looking at the [FONT=Zapf Chancery, Comic Sans MS, cursive]Callies Kustoms[/FONT] cells, (I assume these are the same as the kallies customs referenced in the run-time chart?) and noticed the two options. Thanks
-Rick

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
If are that adamant about it I may be able to fit an alternative circuit into a host for you. I wouldn't expect the same performance but it would be close. Just PM or email me.

I tried PM, but it said that your inbox is full. As for your email... I can't even begin to think where to find it, unless I can use the contact form on OMGL.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried PM, but it said that your inbox is full. As for your email... I can't even begin to think where to find it, unless I can use the contact form on OMGL.
I'm in the middle of putting the kids down so give me a while and I'll clear my inbox. You are welcome to use the contact page as well.