DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Its in NJ, I don't know where you are...but, if you can get to NJ anytime on Saturday (Yes, we play into the wee hours of Sunday...'cause its DARK)...it would be worth it.

:D

Draven451

Enlightened
Its in NJ, I don't know where you are...but, if you can get to NJ anytime on Saturday (Yes, we play into the wee hours of Sunday...'cause its DARK)...it would be worth it.

I would but I am in Texas. Sounds like a fun time. Let us know how it goes.

Draven451

Enlightened
shramj,

Thank you for your review on the LR+ and the insight you provided.

800 - 1000 feet and hitting targets with light pollution! :eek:

Saturday can't come fast enough to receive mine!

shramj

Newly Enlightened
Draven451, the LR+ is pretty ridiculous, I don't have many street lights in my area but I still have some. I can't wait till I can use it where I have no street lights. When you get yours, make sure you post your feedback on this thread. The targets (houses, trees, etc) I can see from my backyard are anywhere from 50-1000 feet in any given direction and it's a cool feeling when you know you can light up any target in your field of view :thumbsup:

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the target specs for the Enthusiast version?

:party:
90Kcd That's the goal anyway. We shall see how close I come to it.

I would but I am in Texas. Sounds like a fun time. Let us know how it goes.
Well we are having a GTG here in the DFW area this month. Next weekend in fact! The info is in the "trade shows and GTG" forum.

Draven451

Enlightened
Well we are having a GTG here in the DFW area this month. Next weekend in fact! The info is in the "trade shows and GTG" forum.

I never noticed we had a section like that on the forums. Cool! If I knew a couple weeks earlier I could have made some arrangements and plans. Sounds like a great time!

Draven451

Enlightened
Deft-edc LR+ has arrived!

Initial impressions - When I saw how small the box the light was in I thought - WOW this is going to be a small light! The light itself is small and while not small like some of my AAA/10440 edc lights it is a good size to carry in the pocket! With the battery loaded the light has a nice weight. It feels substantial like a quality tool that you know was purpose built and made to be used.

It is obvious that there has been great care and attention to detail with this light. The finish is very well done and the surfaces of the light are smooth and feel good in the hand. The contrast between the dark grey parts and the stainless steel portions including the bezel are very aesthetically appealing. The lanyard is nice and the threads are the smoothest I have ever experienced. Heck I thought it didn't have threads as I was taking the tail off to insert the battery. It's buttery smooth. The green tail-button is a nice addition.

Having never owned an aspheric light before and only seeing pictures online the bulbous head of the lens is really cool! Its like peering into the top portion of a magic crystal ball. It makes me want to wave my hand over the lens and say magic lr+ please give me 80k+ cd and throw as far as you can - throw like the wind! :)

Also if you put your eye right up to the lens and look into the light you can see the pill and beautiful cree xp-c LED :cool:
Word of caution - Please do not turn on the light while your eyeball is looking into the lens as bad things can happen! :sick2:

Since it is still daylight outside I have only been able to shine the beam around the house. Seeing the LED die shoot across the house is pretty cool. The image is incredibly bright and very tightly focused. It's amazing that there is no spill that I could discern!

Just for fun even though it is bright outside I decided to shine the light thru one of my upstairs windows across the street to my neighbors house. I could not see the beam granted but once I passed the light across the back of one of their cars I noticed that I could see a reflection glimmer from their license plate! This is in slightly cloudy daylight sun from approximately 100 ft or so away! :eek:

Now it's time to wait for the darkness to reach out and touch something! :naughty:

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I forgot to pack my camera when at PF18..so I don't have bean shots from it for the DEFT edc LR+, but, it totally kicked ***...amazing throw.

I compared it to another LR there, and it was a tighter and brighter beam, almost laser-like in appearance.

So, I'll have to do some shots later this week to show it.

The light was a hit at the Photon Fest, and everyone who played with it was intrigued by it and its combination of teeny size, warm tint and incredible throw. Of course, the beams from the short arc HID's etc, there as well = with their ~ 1+ mile range, were also stars, pocket sized LED's vs giant dish HID, etc...spot lights are not apples and apples.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
With it's impressive display at Photon Fest, (I wish I had been there.) I figured I better get one of the three that are available.

And then there were two.

I was going to hold out and try to get an Enthusiast, but I did not want to miss out all together. I am still going to try to get one when they become available if I am fast enough. I really would prefer a forward clicky.

Any estimate on when the Enthusiast will make it's debut?

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully mine will ship soon because I'm running out of darkness...I still got a month or so before I'm into the midnight sun! On the other hand I don't want to rush the light either. lol
Looking forward to your impressions...

rick108

Newly Enlightened
My LR+ came today! Thank you for making such a quality feeling light! Your attention to detail is appreciated. This light is really light weight, and the perfect size IMO. I must agree that a momentary on function would be really cool. Is there an easy way to mod it? The LR+ is like having maglite throw in a surefire size light with the diffuser.

Last edited:

col48

Newly Enlightened
Got mine yesterday but still waiting for my batteries,:thumbsdow so dont know how this baby works.
I can not wait to try her out, but she looks very well made and did i say i can not wait to try her out:whistle:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saabluster - this is what I have been waiting for. My experiment with a DEFT EDC...

Next to be shortened will be LR+ - runs perfectly well on a 18350 850ma battery. No reduction in brightness to the naked eye.

e5436e50.jpg