DEFT-X OMG Strikes Back!!!

vinceca2000

Newly Enlightened
He also said"The flood light is due in a month or so. There is also a smaller flood to throw type light I am working on. That is months away"

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know haha. I waited from January to august last time... I'll admit I was a bit agitated with how long it took at first - but I am really happy with the light and Michaels work :)

Devildude

Enlightened
Always worth the wait though. Some things cost a lot for a reason. It is so much fun putting a square spot on the clouds or the mountains over a mile away and knowing you are the one doing it.

hikingman

Enlightened
Hi everyone last time I talked to Michael about a month ago when I got my deftx he said "I can't release all the details at this time but this light is not intended to compete on overall lumens. Output in the 3000-3500 range. It is designed to have extremely high quality light and more efficiently use it's light. It will be unique in the marketplace. It is designed to use less power to light up a larger area than what any other light can do. It should light up almost an entire football field"

In emails between us, when I was arranging returning my Deft-X for upgrading, I asked him - somewhat kiddingly in response to a post of his on this thread - if he had the "perfect flashlight" yet and if it would be good for hiking. He didn't use the words above but said on Nov 25, "Yes I do have a "perfect" flashlight in the works....I think everyone will be blown away by what I have designed. It will not be able to throw as far as the DEFT-X as it is designed as a light that could be carried daily and therefore needs to be a bit smaller. It has the highest dynamic range of any light that I know of. That is all I will say at this time;) -Michael"

I want one…and I also want my Deft-X back too :D

Dave

houser23

Enlightened
I'm sure Michael is getting all his ducks in a row before he releases any new lights because we all know what happened after he started this DEFT-X thread. I know I said I wouldn't be buying anymore flashlights from Michael but after seeing the meticulous craftsmanship that went into the DEFT-X I understand that perfection is his game and compromise is a word that doesn't exist in Michael's vocabulary.
Really looking forward to his next creation as I'm sure it will be above and beyond anyone's expectations.

vinceca2000

Newly Enlightened
Dave, maybe he forgot about yours. Why don't you send him a reminder email? I remembered he was working on the deft-x cool white he said it gave him too much problems and decided to no longer make that version at this time. I'm really glad I have a cool white version. I wonder how many cool white did he ever make? Could be a real collectible!

hikingman

Enlightened
Dave, maybe he forgot about yours. Why don't you send him a reminder email? I remembered he was working on the deft-x cool white he said it gave him too much problems and decided to no longer make that version at this time. I'm really glad I have a cool white version. I wonder how many cool white did he ever make? Could be a real collectible!

Well I was in contact about a month ago, and he said he had NOT forgotten about me :) I am going for the neutral white tint. The penalty for going that way is he rarely hits 1,000,000 cd's with that tint. I think he is just so excited by his R & D work, he has sort of "forgotten" about me. I'm sure he hits the hay every evening and says, "Oh dang, I forgot Dave's light again" :D

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been too long since I have been here. I seriously feel like I am crawling out of a dungeon and seeing the sunlight for the first time in forever. Well as some have noted the DEFT-X production is done. I am toying with the idea of doing a few more later if I can source the parts I need but I have no definite plans for that just yet. Thing is I still haven't been able to put a light together that beats the DEFT-X with any significance so it's not like I have a successor waiting in the wings. So given that it may make some sense to do a few more.

I'm sure Michael is getting all his ducks in a row before he releases any new lights because we all know what happened after he started this DEFT-X thread.

You are quite correct houser. I am getting my ducks in a row. This time I am only selling lights that are in-stock. The other way is just too much of a headache for everyone involved. That has already been instituted with the onestopthrowshop site.

yes, patience is the name of the game with Michael :) never rush an artist!
I can't tell you how many times I have heard that. From my mother, father, wife, siblings, and well... pretty much anyone who knows me. I'm not proud of it. For whatever reason I seem to not have any concept of time. It actually frustrates me to no end.

When is his next project light coming out?
Not until I get Hikingman's DEFT-X back to him lest he mortally wound me.:eek: Seriously though there are three new lights coming. One is an OMG product and the other two are with my new REV line of lights. The two REV lights will be coming first and quite soon. I have been working on the new OMG light for the better part of the last year and I'm still not there yet. I can't wait for you guys to see it.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amen!
Thank You Mike for your update.
Thanks to your family and staff as well. Your Lights are and designs are top notch. Please do not try and beat yourself up, life is to short, and stress is no way helpful in your offerings.
Thanks
GL
Proud owner of your Signature EDC run

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is great to see you are still alive and well, saabluster. I keep checking into your forum just to see if you have made any new posts but like you said, it has been a long time. That is ok, I am glad to know you are still at work in your flashlight Fringe lab. ;) I am looking forward to what you are coming up with and also glad to see that you will save yourself the trouble of offering pre-order lights and just offer things that are completed. Good luck to you.

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
Glad to see an update. Michael, if you're reading this, I have joined another large online community and am preparing to release my beam shots and recommendations for your lights. It will likely lead to an increase in site traffic and sales. I see there is not much for sale at the moment, so maybe it would be best to wait.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see an update. Michael, if you're reading this, I have joined another large online community and am preparing to release my beam shots and recommendations for your lights. It will likely lead to an increase in site traffic and sales. I see there is not much for sale at the moment, so maybe it would be best to wait.

Sounds great GCT! Thanks so much. I am aiming to get a new light up next week.

Latest posts