DEFT-X OMG Strikes Back!!!

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Im tellin ya.......this light has got me JACKED. I have never looked forward to a light like this before. It's like a kid at Christmas once the chaos starts then the waiting begins.....Really lookin forward to the rubber bezel...looks like it is as solid as a rock.

jmpaul320 said it best....................... ERMAGERD!!!!!!!!

ThrowerLover

Newly Enlightened
I know - I feel like Ralphie before Christmas:

I WANT AN OFFICIAL SAABLUSTER DEFT-X, 900 KCD, 1897 METER ANSI BEAM DISTANCE LED FLASHLIGHT WITH 6 LEVEL OUTPUT AND A MODE THAT MAKES IT ALL FLASHEE!!

If only it had a compass and a thing which tells time!

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I know - I feel like Ralphie before Christmas:

I WANT AN OFFICIAL SAABLUSTER DEFT-X, 900 KCD, 1897 METER ANSI BEAM DISTANCE LED FLASHLIGHT WITH 6 LEVEL OUTPUT AND A MODE THAT MAKES IT ALL FLASHEE!!

If only it had a compass and a thing which tells time!

You'll shoot your eyes out.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I blab my input on everything else you do, might as well add a +1 for keeping your avatar the way it is.

Also, folks on another forum I frequent posted about a new light from Wavien. I posted a link to your DEFT-X in reply >:)

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Any updates the upcoming beast? The thought keeps me awake at night.............

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any updates the upcoming beast? The thought keeps me awake at night.............
We have a small batch almost completed. The bodies for the rest arrived just the other day. The only potential delay at this point in getting lights other than the first batch out are sourcing of more collars. I get these from a Chinese company(phenomenal quality BTW, BBHR coated first surface) and since it is coming up on the Chinese new year they are crazy busy and may not be able to get them out before the shut down. I'm begging them to at least get a few out. Either way we will continue on with the bodies and have everything else ready to go.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
Cool..........well..................ill cross my tn31s and my tn31mb instead of my fingers...........Thanks for the update......

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool..........well..................ill cross my tn31s and my tn31mb instead of my fingers...........Thanks for the update......

My everything is crossed!

It will be worth the wait I am sure.

Michael is a perfectionist in everything he does.

I have two stock TN31s and the first OSTS Saab modded TN31 tested at 242Kcd to cross beams over with.

The Saab modded TN31 is a really good keeper for me as it does what I need to do very well indeed.

I can't see where the beam ends now without optical support and the spill is very usable without lighting up too much around me that usually knocks out my night adapted eyes with reflected light.

I tried it in my street the other night using different levels of output and it is perfect for looking at targets at close range or in the distance without drawing too much attention to myself by flooding the area around my main point of interest with a whole lot of spill.

The Neutral beam colour makes things really easy on my eyes and shows targets much better than my "Cool White" stock TN31s.

It would be great for Security, Military and LEOs in my mind as the light levels can be adjusted for any situation and you still have a powerful strobe available with a complete twist to the right of the magnetic control ring.

I skipped over the TN31mb and went straight to the DEFT-X mainly as it will be the "jewel in my crown of throwers" and for showing off a bit or letting visitors know where I live, just follow the shaft of light up to the heavens or maybe low lying clouds at least!

CHEERS

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Saab - Any projection as to how many Defts might be going out?

Perhaps a clue as to which invoice #'s?

:D

Devildude

Enlightened
I am not too worried about where I am in the invoice order, I have the TN31mb to play with for a while. That being said another toy would not be a bad thing to have. I have a Nikon D3100 to take some beamshots with if I can ever learn how to work the manual settings. I know from Google Earth that this light will reach across the valley I live in and put a spot of light on the far hills, now if it will hit the clouds then I might be in heaven.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I am not too worried about where I am in the invoice order, I have the TN31mb to play with for a while. That being said another toy would not be a bad thing to have. I have a Nikon D3100 to take some beamshots with if I can ever learn how to work the manual settings. I know from Google Earth that this light will reach across the valley I live in and put a spot of light on the far hills, now if it will hit the clouds then I might be in heaven.

Hmmm, not sure if
Devildude" can GET TO heaven, albeit with the DEFTX you might be able to at least light it up with fire from below.

:devil:

If you are anywhere near NJ, I'll show you how to use the camera.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saab - Any projection as to how many Defts might be going out?

Perhaps a clue as to which invoice #'s?

+1

Its great news to see that some of the lights are already being put together. I thought you would be too swamped with tn31mb's and not start deftxs until after Chinese new year.

Bravo :)

Devildude

Enlightened
Hmmm, not sure if
Devildude" can GET TO heaven, albeit with the DEFTX you might be able to at least light it up with fire from below.

:devil:

If you are anywhere near NJ, I'll show you how to use the camera.

The last time I was in NJ it took about 3:45 to get to Newark, that and I work third shift 5 to 6 days a week. Lots of open space up here though with a museum or two of moderate note to occupy the day times though.

Last edited by a moderator:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Where are you coming from?

Newark's a PITA to get into/out of.

I'm down south of that, off the NJTP and Routes 195/295/95/206