Do you actually use your copper or brass lights ?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Brass-Head! My favorite martial arts movie villain. He was Number 4.
And yes, I absolutely use the ones I have. (y) (y)

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not own any copper/brass lights but this goes for anything I buy: I buy items to use, so no matter what they are, they get used as they were designed. If i bought something too expensive/nice to use, I'd move it to a better home or not purchase it in the first place.

Some people like to collect or have shelf queens, That is not me. If I can't talk myself into using something for the same reason you are asking, then it goes to a better home, where it can be used or sit on a shelf looking pretty. Just my opinion/thoughts on the matter
+1

INFRNL said it perfectly for me

I use my flashlights as tools, for what they are designed for

Now, having said that, I do understand that people enjoy them for other reasons

It would be a boring world if we all liked/did the same things!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a stainless steel 3 mode AAA light that I carried for many years. on my key ring. Loved it. Looked the same when I lost as when I bought it.

In general I guess I would consider myself a small time collector. Have a display area in the movie room with my nicer lights in it. A few might get used during power outages, but mostly they just sit there. Others sit in a closet, in a box. For actual use, I use my pocket light...right now that's an Olight I5R...standard thingy. I also have a cheap Ryobi 120ish lumen 18 volt light that sees a lot of use.

So my copper, brass and titanium lights...along with a few other nicer lights, no, not used. My kids will probably sell them when I'm planted in the ground (at 66 might not be that far away)...or maybe they'll hold on to them to remember how nutty I was.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I was reading about knives and came across information that copper and its alloys kill bacteria. So copper lanterns are also hygienic. Now I'm thinking of finding or making a copper pen so that bacteria are destroyed on it themselves

There was a link to the study

I think if we make the use of copper touch surfaces mandatory for institutions, this will open up huge new opportunities for theft of taxpayers' money

LEDphile

Enlightened
Yesterday I was reading about knives and came across information that copper and its alloys kill bacteria. So copper lanterns are also hygienic. Now I'm thinking of finding or making a copper pen so that bacteria are destroyed on it themselves

There was a link to the study

I think if we make the use of copper touch surfaces mandatory for institutions, this will open up huge new opportunities for theft of taxpayers' money
Metallic copper and metallic silver both have this behaviour. There's a reason that a century ago (when hygiene was a bit more lax than today), eating utensils were silver and things like doorknobs and handles were brass if you could afford it.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a copper flashlight daily. I also drink all my water out of a copper mug (commonly used for Moscow Mules). My tea kettle is also copper. And I have a copper water bottle.

Marrakesh Water Sellers:
Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 9.46.41 AM.png

photo credit

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I use them to test if my belt is tight enough if I look like a rapper then I tighten my belt

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have roughly 20 Olights that most are made of different metals. They did a very good CNC job with these small to tiny LED lights. I have brass,coper, rose gold, titaniums, rainbow anodization and my favorite Olight of all time the Olight R50 in 100% copper. That thing must have weighed 4 pounds. I loved it. Just this really well made hefty chunk of copper that you blind yourself with most of the time. Now I see New in Box copper R50's on sale for up to $400. If the big chunk of copper had a more throw designed set up instead of being able to light up someones yard. Had a creme yellow looking hue to the light out the front.