Droid 58 Carabiner and Carabineer Chain sales thread is <<OPEN>>

XD9

Enlightened
Re: Droid 58 Carabiner sales thread

Dave,

I am sure you are busy with Shot Show :)
When you get a chance check your email.
Thanks!

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened

Not the best pictures but you get the idea or at least mine. I will be wearing mine aroung my neck. It is machined like a fine piece of jewelry so why not.
The chain is Ti also and I will be adding a McGizmo TI clip so it will hang better not needed but I think it will be cool.

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

:nana:

retrosurfer

Newly Enlightened

Cool payment sent can't wait to check it oit in person.

Thanks

MWClint

Enlightened

wow the Droid Carabiner is amazing! Just got mine today and it promptly
replaced a modified #2 niteize s-biner on my edc setup. The size of the droid
is perfect for belt loop attachment and it hardly weighs anything, yet it still
feels completely solid (gotta love Ti). You know it's secure when you hear
that click.

Now, the only way for me to lose my edc, is to misplace my pants. :party:

The droid is more fun to play with than a new light. Looking forward to
using it daily, there's just nothing else like it.

for those of you thinking about getting one.. pull the trigger.. it's worth
every penny. you could consider it insurance for your edc if there was ever such a thing. :popcorn: hehe

Anders7777

Newly Enlightened

Hi!

I'm in, papal and message sent! AMAZING art here... :O)))

Anders

Anders7777

Newly Enlightened

Not the best pictures but you get the idea or at least mine. I will be wearing mine aroung my neck. It is machined like a fine piece of jewelry so why not.
The chain is Ti also and I will be adding a McGizmo TI clip so it will hang better not needed but I think it will be cool.

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

:nana:

Hey Hoppy, or anyone else, I am also going to wear my Droid 58 as a pendant - it is ridiculously light, and allows me to change out stuff from day to day - anyhoos I was wondering where you got your Ti necklace, I am really aftre the strongest necklace I can find, I guess needs to be 3mm wide, as the 2 Drid holes are 4mm

Cheers!

Andy

I'mGatMan!

Newly Enlightened

Are there any of these still left? Can anyone post reviews/user pics or keychain setup pics? I'm considering one for my keychain setup, but I'd like to see more pics of how it works. My keychain EDC consists of a Ti G3 prybaby, a McGizmo Sapphire, a Ti Dave Sawyer whistle, a Munroe Ti Mega Dangler and a Jordan Metal Art Ti Drive. I'd like to have all of these things be individually removable. Is that possible with the Droid?

J

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

No pics...right now...maybe some after today's hike.:grin2:

Yes, you can hang seven (!!) tools, lights, keyrings, etc from the Droid. The line of six holes along the longest "edge" (?) not sure what to call the perimeter of the Droid) plus the one larger hole at the opposite end of the opening mechanism permit multiple attachment points. In addition you could hang more carry essentials--the Droid is well capable of a fair amount of hang weight--but I suspect you'd find your trousers on the ground if it is attached to your belt loop! :ohgeez: Dave may shoot me for this but to date, my Droid has remained a work of art to be admired rather than a useful tool for hanging my hiking and daily use necessities! (Sorry Dave! :shakehead) Now that Dave has been so kind as to have me test the finest EDC in the world (The Tri-V of course!!) I see where the Droid will come into active daily use as the most dependable method of attachment of the Tri-V to karlthev for the ultimate in light security.:hitit: Now, should you see a pair of (oversized I am told :(!) jeans with a Tri-V attached by a Droid---and no karlthev in them--for goodness sakes, stop the perpetrator!!

Seriously, the multiple attachment points will offer you as many carry options as the Droid will offer you security.

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are there any of these still left? Can anyone post reviews/user pics or keychain setup pics? I'm considering one for my keychain setup, but I'd like to see more pics of how it works. My keychain EDC consists of a Ti G3 prybaby, a McGizmo Sapphire, a Ti Dave Sawyer whistle, a Munroe Ti Mega Dangler and a Jordan Metal Art Ti Drive. I'd like to have all of these things be individually removable. Is that possible with the Droid?

J

Sounds like a nice key chain you have there. :drool:

There are Droids still available. As for how it works it is no different from any other carabiner. But in addition, you can put split rings through any of the holes around its perimeter. And it has a lock.

Cheers
Dave

ledcarry

Enlightened

Data,

I wanted to check in with you to see if you had a Droid 58 Carabiner still available for purchase. I might even get two if you had them.

Thanks,

JM

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well . . . yes and no.

They all sold except about seven of them so I decided to pare them with a super cool solid titanium chain-mail chain and a SS swivel. I have been so busy with the Tri-V that I have not had time to post any pics.

The purpose of all this is to provide a turn-key tether solution for the SPY. I already acquired the chains and so the remaining Droids are available as a set with the titanium chains for $299.

IMG_1166s.jpg

IMG_1167s.jpg

IMG_1168s.jpg

I clip mine on my belt loop and drop my light in my front pocket. Of course it can be used with a wallet too.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

blitzlicht65

Enlightened

This chain is great and very, very lightweight too.:thumbsup:

A great idea with the SS swivel. (Mine haven't the SS swivel :poke: - I think it was the prototype.:nana:)

:wave:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recently (FCW#6) saw Dave sporting this very combination and, let me tell you, what a dashing sight it made! I've already got two of the components....hmmmm....

Karl

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is very cool indeed. Hmmm is right Karl.
Between this, the GPA, the lights, I might as well just send all my paycheques to Dave.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I'm sure Dave wouldn't be opposed to that possibility.... Maybe you can work out some type of direct deposit....? :whistle: :devil:

Karl

CCW

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one Droid-chain set. Email and PP to (did) follow. Thanks.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

CCW, I will get this out this week. The Tri-V shipping is going quickly.

Cheers
Dave