• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Dual Bored 2P 18650 M*g 1.25D

stub

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:Unique Transaction ID #11A72526YH2295042

#01 Black 1.25D M*g $97
Shipping to States $6

Thanks
Merry Xmas

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:for:

1 - Dual Bored 2P 18650 - Black 1.25D - $97
Shipping - $6
Total - $103
CPF - "choppers"
Varooj, Please send this Mag to CPF - "nailbender"

I sent you his address.

Thank you,

Gino

Newly Enlightened
Received today. Looks even better in person.
Unfortunately now I'm gonna have to buy more parts to bring this thing to life. I planned on waiting, but not sure how long I can just look at it.:cool:

Thanks for shipping before you left town.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone please explain why there is no balancing required? My knowledge in these things is lacking-

I thought that when charging cells in parallel, some sort of circuitry had to be in place to make sure each cell was charged equally.

Rommul

Enlightened
Can someone please explain why there is no balancing required? My knowledge in these things is lacking-

I thought that when charging cells in parallel, some sort of circuitry had to be in place to make sure each cell was charged equally.

Balancing may be required.

You as an end user need to be aware of what state of charge exists in your cell (by periodically monitoring voltage etc). Conceivably if you have start off using two cells at the same state of charge (hopefully both full) at the end of use both cells should be similarly discharged (monitor voltage anyway for your own safety).

Consider the charging jack a convenience feature, all the safety rules still apply.

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Balancing may be required.

You as an end user need to be aware of what state of charge exists in your cell (by periodically monitoring voltage etc). Conceivably if you have start off using two cells at the same state of charge (hopefully both full) at the end of use both cells should be similarly discharged (monitor voltage anyway for your own safety).

Consider the charging jack a convenience feature, all the safety rules still apply.

I have three of these and I was wondering the same thing. My Triton charger does not charge cells to the same end voltage everytime, but they are close to the same as long as nothing is bumped. But what I discovered is that after some use, let's say 3.80v both cells read the same on a volt meter. I think being in parallel is more forgiving then cells in series. Just my experience YMMV. Be safe and check them now and again!
Frank

Gino

Newly Enlightened
I believe since they are in parallel your basically charging 1 cell with 2x the capacity as far as a charger is concerned. If cells are charged in series balancing is highly recommended. I just got this host today what setup are you running ?

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are bright and have a nice beam. The run time is good and they do get warm on high. I use it on 3rd level of five usually, but Hi is bright if you need it. Mounting them of the heatsink is tricky with 20# wire. I wish the heatsink had two slots instead of four holes, it would make mounting a lot easier. Be careful removing from star if you can't find one that is not mounted. I going to make at least one more in the Ele II with four IMR18650's, should be pretty bright.
Frank

flashfiend

Enlightened
#4 - Dual Bored 2P 18650 - BLUE 1.25D - $97
Shipping - $6
Total - $103
CPF - "flashfiend"
FM, Please send this Mag to CPF - "nailbender"

Thank you

:paypal:

325addict

Enlightened
Hello Fivemega,

it is in... and it is just perfect like I've come to expect from your products :thumbsup:

And what I made of it? As you didn't cut the switch, I was just able to screw in a Mag Num Star Xenon bulb (I took a 6-cell, draws 0.85A and will live longer than the 5-cell, which draws 1.0A in this situation).

Now, I finally have the combination of:

A: a not-too-big Mag, that
B: is bright, and
C: has a reasonable runtime! (about 6 hours).

I'm totally happy with it :twothumbs

I'm in for more... I sent a PM a while ago, did you see that one? Questions about T 1.5 bulbs, bi-pin adapters of various kinds etc....

Thank you very much for such great products... the way all Mags should have been :green:

Timmo.