E2XT Heads

QMT93

Enlightened
Has Gene mentioned restocking the E2XT, or a few other models, especially the HD Super? That one has been out of stock for a while. Was it replaced?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

I saw a few days ago on instagram and facebook that soon the super hound dog will be available in stock again. they were waiting for parts to arrive, so it was out of stock.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Boy not sure you could really improve that much on the super. It's not the best thrower or has the best spill. It's the combination of the two I think that makes it so great.

QMT93

Enlightened
I adore the design of the HD Super and the E2XT. Now imagine those with 21700!

carrot

Flashaholic
I assume the E2XT will work with the Lumens Factory E2 Classic Gen 1, 2 Cell Flashlight Body (18650 Non-Protected Compatible).

I know protected cells won't fit, but the threads are bare and it uses 7075-T6 Aerospace Aluminum.

https://lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=563

My E2SHT (predecessor to E2XTD) works flawlessly on my E1 Classic body from LF.

The E2 Classic is a bit long. You'll need to stretch the springs a bit.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much. Good to know. Will wait a bit for new body designs to be released in the near future. :)

QMT93

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm, or input, on this setup I'm saving for? Will this work?

Malkoff E2XT + Oveready E70 HA black + Oveready Beryllium 19mm Copper Washer + Malkoff MDX Titanium Pocket Clip + Malkoff Tricap tail for MDX body?

I like the Tricap + Pocket clip more than the DPC because they can tail-stand, and are cheaper. Will the tricap + pocket clip fit the E70, or do I have to use Oveready DPC tailcap?

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm, or input, on this setup I'm saving for? Will this work?

Malkoff E2XT + Oveready E70 HA black + Oveready Beryllium 19mm Copper Washer + Malkoff MDX Titanium Pocket Clip + Malkoff Tricap tail for MDX body?

I like the Tricap + Pocket clip more than the DPC because they can tail-stand, and are cheaper. Will the tricap + pocket clip fit the E70, or do I have to use Oveready DPC tailcap?

I have a similar set up and you may need 5mm spacer (the spring on the E2XT may be long enough for you not to need the spacer).

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got that body in my shopping cart, myself, just debating what I'd do with it.
A Malkoff tailcap needs bare threads. Unless you remove the anodizing from the body's tail threads, you'll need a tailcap that makes contact directly with the end of the body, like the DPC, Surefire, or Lumens Factory ones(for the same reason you need that washer up front.

If I buy one, it'll get the Lumens Factory Z41 clone with a McClicky, and SF grip rings.

edit: Looking at my Tricap, it has a shelf that's bare aluminum, and could make contact, but only if it can screw down deep enough, or some kind of washer be rigged up to make up any gap<<that last would be a crappy solution, since it'd likely fall out any time the tailcap was removed for a battery swap.
exSIDXA.jpg

Last edited:

QMT93

Enlightened
I see. Thanks Owen, for the tips! I think I'll stick with the Oveready DPC tail for uniformity, and ease of building. Therefore, my build should be Malkoff E2XT + Oveready E70 HA black + Oveready Beryllium 19mm Copper Washer + Oveready DPC Tailcap with Silver Clip. I think this is the one @Fish 14 has.

I have a question regarding Lumens Factory. Which one of the following can I use for the above setup to replace the Oveready DPC Tailcap with Silver Clip:

_ Z41 Style McClicky Tailcap for Surefire P/Z/G/C, HA3 Black https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=566
_ McClicky Upgrade kit for Surefire Z41 tailcap https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=356

Also, assuming one of these works, can I use it with a Malkoff MDX Titanium pocket clip?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question regarding Lumens Factory. Which one of the following can I use for the above setup to replace the Oveready DPC Tailcap with Silver Clip:

_ Z41 Style McClicky Tailcap for Surefire P/Z/G/C, HA3 Black https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=566
_ McClicky Upgrade kit for Surefire Z41 tailcap https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=356

Also, assuming one of these works, can I use it with a Malkoff MDX Titanium pocket clip?
All these tailcaps have different overall lengths.

A shorter tailcap like the SF/Lumens Factory Z41 with anodized threads and a McClicky needs to screw all the way down so it can make direct contact with the body.
These are short, and leave a gap right where you want to put the clip.
See pics on bodies here:
https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=566
That's why the Malkoff clip comes with a pair of o-rings to make up the gap on SFs.
These should work, but will require o-rings to fill the gap.

The DPC tailcap is intentionally made longer to minimize that same gap. As with the Z41/McClicky, an appropriately sized o-ring can also be used to make up for the gap being too large for the tailcap body to hold the clip in place.
On the other hand, if the gap left by the DPC tailcap is so small that the clip won't fit in between, it will not work, period.
Scroll down for comparison pic here:
https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/tailcap-dpc-ha-black-with-black-clip/
So this may or may not work for you, depending.

The Malkoff tailcaps, with bare threads, are intended to mate with a body that also has bare threads, and make ground contact regardless of whether they are tightened down all the way or not. That's why you can screw them down(on a Malkoff body) and capture a spacer, clip, or lanyard ring, and the light still works.
You lose all those options with anodized threads, and it's most likely the Malkoff tailcaps won't work at all without removing that anodizing.
They will definitely work, as far as capturing the clip and maintaining contact between the tail switch and body, IF you remove the anodizing from the E70's threads(but may introduce a battery length issue due to the tailcap not being screwed down far enough, effectively lengthening the body/battery compartment).

Another question is how well the Malkoff clip will work with the E70's smaller diameter body.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owen,

This setup works, but it needed a 5MM spacer by the head and does work with the DLC tailcap and no spacer. I have a Tana triple with a spring in the head, but it didn't work with the TriCap, it probably would have with a spacer though. Depending on the length of the spring in the E2XT head it may work without a spacer.

TunOly6.jpg

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome; thanks for sharing!
That E35 must make for some fun combos.

QMT93

Enlightened
@Owen: Thanks for the input! All this lego really confuses a novice like me. Quite a hassle to be honest! I really want to stick with the Malkoff E series body, but they are reported to be not as durable as the MDX ones.

QMT93

Enlightened
@Owen: The Lumen Factory body only fits unprotected cells, otherwise that would have been my first choice, as I only have those cells :(.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea of the LF bodies in general, but those threads are gonna be pretty thin. If you have durability concerns about the Malkoff MDC bodies(which I do not, but you mentioned it), the LF bodies for 18650s are certainly going to be less durable.
I kinda want one, but it's just one more thing I don't have a real use for...