Eagletac P20C2 & MKII owners, your insight on General

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
I think that this is one of the best bang for the buck lights out there. EagleTac listened to what needed to change and modified the MKII series to create an almost perfect light for a reasonable price. Medium mode is still a bright light, will last me 8-10 hours, is the perfect place for it to start up. I'm super happy with the low mode for close up and general around the camp use. I am truly amazed at the high mode. I can illuminate something a block or 2 away. I have disabled the strobe functions but it is nice to know that I can re-enable them if needed. This is a light that I am completely happy about and would recommend purchasing to anyone. PTS is the place to get it and Mike is the MAN !! Just sayin'

Big +1.

Plus, the 60-lumen default level is about ideal for indoor tactical / personal defense use.

John

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get me wrong, I really like this light but general mode is way too bright at night when you are inside the house and your eyes are ajusted to the dark. That is my one chief complaint about this light. Why can't I start it on low? It blinds me at night on general mode. I would like the option to start on low, general, or high (depending on the situation or time of night). But hey, that is why I have multiple lights. Overall, it is one of my favorite lights.

Last edited:

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I would like the option to start on low, general, or high (depending on the situation or time of night).
try Jetbeam ST BVC. It's a similar sized torch (and runs on 18650) that will allow you to choose the order of the three levels and their intensity. Doesn't have the smoothness of beam or three hundred lumens though....

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip. I just use my Quark 123 on moonlight mode when my eyes are adjusted to the dark and I only need a little light. Of course my wife thinks I'm nuts because I have a bunch of different lights.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my P20C2 MkII in the mail today, so I thought I'd revive this thread...

Just a few quick impressions after playing with...er, I mean doing some "comparisons" between it and my current EDC (Quark AA^2 R2 head on a 2X123 cell body with an AW 17670). First of all, I'd like to say that the Quark has been a VERY good EDC and has served me quite well. It has been used AND abused and has NEVER failed to perform perfectly. That being said, it has just been replaced as my primary EDC by the P20C2 MkII! Why? First of all, by virtue of the sheer volume of light it puts out. The ET is is just plain impressive in it's output! The Quark R2 is no "slouch" by any means, but in terms of output it is simply outclassed by the ET, hands down! The beam profile of the ET, to me, is about as perfect as I'd ever hoped for in an "EDC" light. It out-throws the Quark by a slight margin, even though the Quark is using an XP-E, which generally has better throw characteristics than XP-G emitters. I know that this is due primarily to the ET's larger reflector and overall greater output...but on top of out-throwing the Quark, the intensity of the ET's corona and spill light seems to light up EVERYTHING out to about 200 feet. It's one of the most useful beam patterns I've ever seen. I find myself becoming less and less concerned with throw and far more concerned with "useable output" lately, and the ET puts out a LARGE volume of it.

Even though the ET is a half inch or so longer than the Quark with a larger diameter head, I've been front pocket carrying it all day, and it seems to be just as unnoticeable in my pocket as the Quark. I thought the increase in size might be an issue as far as EDC is concerned, but it's not. The ET is very comfortable to front-pocket carry.

As far as the UI is concerned, simply put, I LOVE the ET's UI! My Quark is a "tactical" model (I HATE reverse clicky switches...), and as a result I only have access to two modes at any given time. I know; how many modes do you "need" to have access to in an EDC light? That doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned. I just LIKE to have access to all the modes my light has to offer, and with the ET I do.

The P20C2 MkII is my first Eagle Tac light, and if over time it proves to be as durable as what others have been reporting, it WON'T be my last! Fit and finish are EXCELLENT; it came with some of the most "useful" accessories I've ever received with a newly purchased light, and the UI and features of it have been obviously very well thought out. The P20C2 is a VERY nice light, and quite simply put...I'm IMPRESSED! I still like my Quark very much, and it will NOT be joining my "sale" thread over at the marketplace; but it has simply been outclassed by the Eagle Tac, and is now relegated to back-up/nightstand duty.

Any of you who may be "on the fence" as far as the P20C2 MkII may be concerned, I highly recommend buying this light! The performance to cost ratio is fantastic, giving it GREAT "bang for the buck" value. Nicely done, Eagle Tac!

PJD

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question for the owners of this light.

Does an AW17670 battery fit the tube, and does it run in regulation with it?

I would like to buy one but only if I can run it on rechargeables.

Thanks

Anthony

shipwreck

Enlightened
Don't get me wrong, I really like this light but general mode is way too bright at night when you are inside the house and your eyes are ajusted to the dark.

That's why I moved my T20C2 Mk II to my weapon, and bought a T100C2 Mk II. The low setting is very low, and is not too bright when you wake up and use it in the middle of the night...

shipwreck

Enlightened
The P20C2 MkII is my first Eagle Tac light, and if over time it proves to be as durable as what others have been reporting, it WON'T be my last!

The P20C2 MK II in cool was my 1st eagletac too. I then got the T100C2 Mk II, the M2XC4 Mk II, and finally the T100C2 Mk II. All are great quality lights. And, out of all of them - because of the size and cost, the P20C2 Mk II is my fav of the 4 - and also my EDC light...

stuffgeek

Newly Enlightened
Does an AW17670 battery fit the tube, and does it run in regulation with it?

I would like to buy one but only if I can run it on rechargeables.

Thanks

Anthony[/QUOTE]

That's what ticked me off about the light- I thought it would take a18650.
Sold it in a week and bought a md2 w/M61.:D

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I like the UI. I can go from High to Medium pretty quickly. And low is right around the corner. Medium or High on activation is fine for my needs.

I just picked up my P20C2 MKll. I am very impressed with this light, especially at the $60.00 price I got it for.
It is the perfect size for me for EDC.
I had been carrying the Surefire E2D Defender for quite some time, but I was getting tired of the 60 lumen lamp.
I did order the brass drop in from Steve Ku for the Surefire E2D, but that was after ordering the P20C2, as I was not aware that this 230 Lumen drop in existed.
I will see how the drop in is, and decide which light I will carry as my EDC, or I'll just rotate.
Back to the P20C2 - the size is almost exactly the same as the E2D, just an 1/8th of an inch longer. The 300 lumen OTF light (380 lumen at the emitter) is really nice. I have the Cool White, 6000K model. The flashlight has a high quality feel to it, and the finish is of excellent quality. I have not used it outside yet, only in the house, and I am very impressed at the quality for the price.
I have been a Surefire Only' guy for years, but the quality of this light, and the output is very impressive, especially at the price point. I know there must be quality differences in favor of the SF, but its is hard to pick them out by just looking and holding the lights.
I love USA products, but it is very hard to substantiate paying 100's of dollars more for a comparable light.

This is my first EagleTac, and I am very impressed with its build, quality, feel and the use of high end components, such as the Cree XP-G R5 :)
I gotta go now, and read how to switch between the strobe and beacon functions :confused:

Last edited:

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I have one and will probably get a few more. Where did you get yours for $60?
Bob

LightJunction on eBay. I 'Made an Offer." But the price is back to $68.95 without a "Make an Offer" option.
BUT you are in luck because >>

lightjunction has a coupon code available >>

12% off code: CPFSAVE12
as per the CPFMP............

Last edited:

MIKENC

Newly Enlightened
I have other Eagletac lights, but really like this one with the n/w module and the UI is fine for me(I only use it outside).

darkknight49

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just received a p20c2 and the thing wont go into Turbo mode. It'll go between strobe and general but nothing else. Faulty module? The thing is, it worked fine out of the box and after i tested the diffuser attachment, it stopped working properly (i'm pretty sure the diffuser didn't cause it) and im out of ideas on how to fix it besides returning it.

Napalm

Enlightened
Folks, this is a "tactical" light not a "general purpose" or "nightstand" one. It's supposed to be kept at all times with the head tightened and come up in "turbo" whenever you actually need it for its intended purpose. If you need a light that would come up in whatever mode you wish, the next best thing to finding a telepathic one would be to explore the ring interface models.

darkknight49

Newly Enlightened
Folks, this is a "tactical" light not a "general purpose" or "nightstand" one. It's supposed to be kept at all times with the head tightened and come up in "turbo" whenever you actually need it for its intended purpose. If you need a light that would come up in whatever mode you wish, the next best thing to finding a telepathic one would be to explore the ring interface models.

mine wont even go into turbo.