Eagletac P20C2 & MKII owners, your insight on General

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, return it. Maybe try putting the bezel on one more time. Make sure there's no gaps and the heads on tight.
Try different batteries too.

darkknight49

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, return it. Maybe try putting the bezel on one more time. Make sure there's no gaps and the heads on tight.
Try different batteries too.

Yea, tried different batteries and the bezel and no luck. Oh well, I guess it gets replaced. I just hope the next one is as sturdy as this one is: no rattle, no loose parts, everything is just snug. Too bad the led isn't working right.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P20c2 has been a tank, so sturdy it's on my toolbelt at work. I ordered the XML dropin for it last week, hopefully that gets here before the postal strike :eek:oo:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, tried different batteries and the bezel and no luck. Oh well, I guess it gets replaced. I just hope the next one is as sturdy as this one is: no rattle, no loose parts, everything is just snug. Too bad the led isn't working right.

There is two more things you can try before sending it back, first unscrew the top part or the head to expose the module then try to tighten the module (drop-in), remember it's reverse threads so counter clockwise to tighten. The only other thing I can think off is look at the bottom of the module right above the positive spring contact and wiggle the metal contact ring around.

Oh and when the module is expose be careful not to touch the inside of the reflector, fingerprints suck. :)

Last edited:

darkknight49

Newly Enlightened
yup, looks like a dud. Return it is. Can't wait to the replacement, i love the look and feel of the light. Hopefully it gets here before I have to move in 12 days, lol. Might just have it shipped to my parents. Thanks for the input.

lebox97

Enlightened
to add to what JHC said...
you need to first remove head from body/battery tube (or at least loosen head several turns),
then remove/reinstall the module.
If you install module with the head installed tight on body - you'll bind up the switching mechanism in module and get exact same symptoms you described.
(the module needs to thread snugly into the head, not against the body tube)

Tod

There is two more things you can try before sending it back, first unscrew the top part or the head to expose the module then try to tighten the module (drop-in), remember it's reverse threads so counter clockwise to tighten. The only other thing I can think off is look at the bottom of the module right above the positive spring contact and wiggle the metal contact ring around.

Oh and when the module is expose be careful not to touch the inside of the reflector, fingerprints suck. :)

darkknight49

Newly Enlightened
Well, got a replacement and this one works beautifully. Beam is nice and white (the last one was a bit green) and all functions work great. Love the light.