Eagletac TX25C2 (XM-L2 1x18650 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS+

BringerOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Is there an easy way to tell which energy saving mode you're on? 10% or 25%? I've toggled it back and forth a few times and forgot which one it's on. After waiting the 200 seconds it's hard to notice the difference.
The light suffers from amnesia. If you change the battery (or just loosen the tailcap), you end up in the 25% mode. It forgets about the tactical mode setting as well and goes to the regular setting.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the 4-cell extender for $10 by itself without having to buy the more expensive kit. They call it a "4-cell extender" but it allows for 2 x 18650s if you'd rather not use 4 CR123As. Here's a few photos of what I got:

Great photos, thanks a bunch!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Eagletac TX25C2+Orbtronic 3600mah = awesome I love mine

Just got mine today. I like everything about it except the lowest mode. It is too bright for me. 11 lumens (eagletac claims 7)is too much. I like around 1 or 2 lumens. I don't need a real moonlight mode of .25 or less lumens but 11 is too much. I honestly don't know it til I see it. If I am looking at a specimen indoors this is just too bright. I have 2 infinitely adjustable flashlights I will continue to use in the lab. I had hoped to find one light bright enough for the field and dim enough for the lab. Not this one.

mikester

Newly Enlightened
5 years in with this torch now and no issues, still on the original 18650 too. At work it's still the brightest torch on the team, I'm always been asked to borrow it!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know. Gosh darn it. I got everthing ET makes for it as well. That thing cranked. Had the stainless steel bezel on it and all.