Eagletac TX30C2 Nichia 219C

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any experience with that light?

overview_hero1.jpg

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one ordered but haven't received it yet. I will update with my thoughts when I do.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dealer I ordered mine through, illuminationgear, told me that these were delayed from Eagletac along with the new SX30C2 LED variants. I don't think anyone has one yet as a result. I will update once I get a shipping notice so that way people will know that they are finally in stock.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dealer I ordered mine through, illuminationgear, told me that these were delayed from Eagletac along with the new SX30C2 LED variants. I don't think anyone has one yet as a result. I will update once I get a shipping notice so that way people will know that they are finally in stock.

They told me the same thing about the Sportac drop-ins using the 219C.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, all the 219c variants were delayed according to Tod. I am sure looking forward to them. I also ordered a D25A with 219c.

CyberTrpr

Newly Enlightened
I have played with the TX30C2 HD version. It is very bright. Comparing it to the Klarus XT11GT HD version, the Klarus has a wider beam while the TX30C2 has a tighter hot spot. It will be a good seller for EagleTac as it is shorter than the Klarus.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe just illuminationgear's order was delayed on these. They custom ordered additional models with the 219c that aren't a part of Eagletac's regular offering. I'm glad to see that there are some out there already.

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
I have played with the TX30C2 HD version. It is very bright. Comparing it to the Klarus XT11GT HD version, the Klarus has a wider beam while the TX30C2 has a tighter hot spot. It will be a good seller for EagleTac as it is shorter than the Klarus.

I also have both those lights, and both with xhp35-hi. The same holds true for me, the Eagletac Hotspot is quite a bit smaller than the klarus. I like how the Eagletac is a much smaller light,yet has a wider and deeper reflector that provides much better focus. I will definitely be getting this light with the nichia as it has quickly become my favorite edc

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
As often said here: resistance is futile... Ordered a Nichia base version. This will be the first Eagletac in my inventory.

markr6

Flashaholic
Ooh, I said I was done buying lights. This may get me back into the game.

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
Ooh, I said I was done buying lights. This may get me back into the game.

In light of your comment on another thread:

"Yeah I noticed that. But it's the actual clicking that's a bit difficult to do. The switch on my MX25L3C is raised a lot but nowhere close to being accidentally activated. Total fail on these flat switches IMO.",

.....if you receive a turbo switch as stiff and recessed as the one on my TX30L2 Nichia, it could be frustrating. I can think of nothing else I would realistically want to change.

markr6

Flashaholic
In light of your comment on another thread:

"Yeah I noticed that. But it's the actual clicking that's a bit difficult to do. The switch on my MX25L3C is raised a lot but nowhere close to being accidentally activated. Total fail on these flat switches IMO.",

.....if you receive a turbo switch as stiff and recessed as the one on my TX30L2 Nichia, it could be frustrating. I can think of nothing else I would realistically want to change.

Thanks for remembering that! Yes, I worry about the switch but figured I may take a chance. With the body being so much smaller than the MX30 I had, I think it would still be OK. Just guessing though.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The recess of these may make the switches easy to find, kind of like Zebralight. In addition, the main switch is aligned with the clip.

I got my shipping notice today :D

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
The recess of these may make the switches easy to find, kind of like Zebralight. In addition, the main switch is aligned with the clip.

I got my shipping notice today:grin:

Hopefully the switch itself is easy though. With a zebralight I can use the tip of a nail if I have to; on my MX30 it was 1000x harder to operate (just the back; white switch was easy). I may still jump on one of these for the Nichia!