Eagletac XM-L U2 LED module labeling question

cbr400rr

Newly Enlightened
Maltytasker,
I received my T20C2 today and just opened her up. I took the head off and looked at the LED module and it says the same thing as yours T6. My box did not have any sticker saying it was the new 750 Lumen at all. I going to have to make a few calls and emails Monday to verify what version I have because I specifically called and emailed GG if they had the 750 Lumen version for sale and so far nothing is telling me that that is what I bought.

Last edited:

Maltytasker

Newly Enlightened
Maltytasker,
I received my T20C2 today and just opened her up. I took the head off and looked at the LED module and it says the same thing as yours T6. My box did not have any sticker saying it was the new 750 Lumen at all. I going to have to make a few calls and emails Monday to verify what version I have because I specifically called and emailed if GG had the 750 Lumen version for sale and so far nothing is telling me that that is what I bought.

Hmmm. At least my box had a sticker that said XML U2, and with all the follow up validation, I feel confident that is what I have. I hope you get yours sorted out with GG. Sounds like maybe they sent you the wrong version?

Maltytasker

Newly Enlightened
I just got a reply to the follow up inquiry I submitted thru Eagletac's main web site (China?). The CS rep confirmed that the module is a U2, but was not labeled that way when packed. She mentioned that she would notify them to make the correction.

Maltytasker

Newly Enlightened
How did they confirm the module was a U2?

Good question. I emailed them the same photo I posted here, with the label on the module and the sticker on the box circled, and explained the situation. She replied that it was a U2 module. All I have is her word for it, which I have no reason to doubt.

cbr400rr

Newly Enlightened
Wow.. I guess you just going to have to take her word for it. I hope, I get to find out what version I got. At least you got a sticker. Lol..

Maltytasker

Newly Enlightened
Wow.. I guess you just going to have to take her word for it. I hope, I get to find out what version I got. At least you got a sticker. Lol..

Yup. So far I know of no other way to differentiate a T6 from a U2, except to measure the light output, which I am not equipped to do, so I guess I can either accept her word as truth and keep the light, or give in to the doubt and return it. I think I'll probably keep it as I do like it overall, and any difference in light output is probably minimal.

Nestor

Newly Enlightened
About a year ago apurchased a T20C2 XML "720 lumens". It was a nice light but I was expecting more light given the "720 lumens". When I measured the current at the tail with a fresh 18650 Trustfire "Flame" I got ~1.5 A in turbo. That current althugh not measured at the LED can give you an idea of the output. Well, that current seems too low for the claimed 720 lumens. Later on I got a G25C2 first generation. The G25C2 clearly produced more light (naked eye). When I measured the current at the tail with the sam type pf batteries I got ~1.9 A. I believe the ET claimed 770 lumens for the G25C2. I think that s closer to reality.
Have any of you measured the current at the tail in turbo with a 18650?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have any of you measured the current at the tail in turbo with a 18650?
With XTAR 18700 (based on Sanyo 2600) at 4.200+, i.e. minimally overcharged, i get:
snap6.gif

for the XM-L U2 CW Led module 600 Ansi

and:
snap7g.gif

for the XM-L T6 CW Led module 580 Ansi

On turbo mode the tail current drops with time and also heavily depends on the quality of the cell. With a half depleted lousy XXXFire cell you will measure much less than 1.73A for U2 or 1.68A for T6, and with a Panasonic NCR18650PD at 4.230 you'd probably get an even higher reading.

There is clearly a difference between the current draw on my U2 host and my T6 host, ~50mA, but that's negligible in my eyes and could be due to several minor factors or aspects of the T20C2 MkII flashlight build. If we round both numbers, then the two are the same: ~1.7A, on a minimally overcharged Li-Ion 18650 Sanyo cell. Readings for Panasonic cell could be higher.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
I wish cree just labelled individual led's, at least with flux bin, would make life easier.