• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

EC50vn - 26650 Everyday

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in this item. I thirst for info on the battery selection.

The battery: Looks like default battery is ICR protected. Is that correct? Is the battery included?

If not, will IMR battery give better performance? What battery will give the best performance (max output)?

Wait for Video ;-)

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a pretty nice light. Looks like acebeam likes to push their lights to the limits ,because your all your recent acebeam releases has only increase the lumens by a small amount.
Compared to all the other companies, where your able to rocket boost those lights and add a substantial amount of lumens. I'm talking about couple thousand extra lumens.

I really wished this light could have been 4200 lumens.
Cant wait for video. Curious about the ui. I hope it does not require us to hold switch to turn/off light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
still have not gotten the chance to make the video for this light yet but the performance outdoor for this light is amazing with shaved dome. Very nice UI. Cant wait to make the video.

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
still have not gotten the chance to make the video for this light yet but the performance outdoor for this light is amazing with shaved dome. Very nice UI. Cant wait to make the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMnryd0WDk

Here is a video on this POS. Any ideas that would fix this or did I just get a defective one? Extremely disappointed in Acebeam/ lightmalls.com

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMnryd0WDk

Here is a video on this POS. Any ideas that would fix this or did I just get a defective one? Extremely disappointed in Acebeam/ lightmalls.com
Would appear to be an out of box failure, bad driver maybe? If Vinh's modding these lights, they must be of high quality before and especially after he's done. This factory light failure most likely is not indicative of the model in general.
Just as a thought, have you tried using a different battery just to rule the battery out as the cause of the issue?

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
Would appear to be an out of box failure, bad driver maybe? If Vinh's modding these lights, they must be of high quality before and especially after he's done. This factory light failure most likely is not indicative of the model in general.
Just as a thought, have you tried using a different battery just to rule the battery out as the cause of the issue?

This is my thought as well. Although the feel of this light is not up to par with my Fourseven's and Nitecore's. The contact point in the head is tiny with no spring (which is advertised as having 2 springs) and came scuffed and dirty. Deoxit gold was applied as well as lightly using a pencil eraser on contact point after the problems started. The mode changing button is sloppy, too easy to engage and not tight feeling at all and has side to side play. They could have added some knurling to it or better yet made it a rubber switch. The bezel is unremovable as well as the head (at least without tools the head is not removable, pretty sure it's one piece though.)

Yes I tried to use a Nitecore 18650 that I know works with tape around it to ensure contact. Same exact issues. I am thinking I got a dud, but the above mentioned issues have turned me off to this light as well. My commercial invoice from lightmalls in China claims the light's value at $17 USD. That sure doesn't give me the warm and fuzziess.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have only open 3 boxes and all samples operate flawless before and after the mods. Build quality inside out is excellent as well.

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
I have only open 3 boxes and all samples operate flawless before and after the mods. Build quality inside out is excellent as well.

Also do any of your samples have any kind of spring in the head as the literature inside the box claims it has? Mine did not come with a spring, just a flat contact point for the head to touch. I am wondering if this is part of my issue.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emphasis added. Vinh would not touch anything that is junk to begin with, and each light, when he is done, has been inspected for correct operation. A problem with one sample does not mean there is a need to shoot down the entire lineup. Failure to get remediation is a point to make, of course.

ckellyme3:You are posting in the Vin54 section. Can I mention here that your light is not a Vin54 light, correct?

I hope that the manufacturer and/or the vendor can fix this up right for you.

Of course, if it were a Vin54 light, you would be squared away in a jiffy. :)

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
Emphasis added. Vinh would not touch anything that is junk to begin with, and each light, when he is done, has been inspected for correct operation. A problem with one sample does not mean there is a need to shoot down the entire lineup. Failure to get remediation is a point to make, of course.

ckellyme3:You are posting in the Vin54 section. Can I mention here that your light is not a Vin54 light, correct?

I hope that the manufacturer and/or the vendor can fix this up right for you.

Of course, if it were a Vin54 light, you would be squared away in a jiffy. :)

My light is not a vin54 light. Its stock and was ordered from lightmalls. Neither the manufacturer or the vendor is willing to fix this issue for me hence my frustration. I am posting in this section because I was apart of the original discussion about Vin's video review and thought others involved in this thread would appreciate knowing about my situation as most likely they are looking to buy an EC50.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Also do any of your samples have any kind of spring in the head as the literature inside the box claims it has? Mine did not come with a spring, just a flat contact point for the head to touch. I am wondering if this is part of my issue.

http://postimage.org/

There is a brass positive contact. But this contact is recessed below the surrounding white plastic ledge. This is a physical reverse battery polarity protection. In other words when you put the the battery in negative first the circuit will remain open thus do manage to the circuit.

The rear has a very thick high stiffness spring that keeps the battery firmly engaged. No connection worries IMO.

http://postimage.org/app.php

I haven't read all the posts but I am sure Acebeam will replace your light if you send it to them. Buy from me and you never have to ship to China/Hong Kong or anywhere out of USA ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
My light is not a vin54 light. Its stock and was ordered from lightmalls. Neither the manufacturer or the vendor is willing to fix this issue for me hence my frustration. I am posting in this section because I was apart of the original discussion about Vin's video review and thought others involved in this thread would appreciate knowing about my situation as most likely they are looking to buy an EC50.

Send the light to me. I will see what's up.

Email Moi ;-)

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
Have you spoken to the manufacturer...and they wont help you?

It is hard to believe,but I take your word.

Mail Chris at Acebeam and ask for help again.

Let us(me) know the result...good or bad pls.

I believe i have spoken to Chris. Below is a copy of the only email he has sent.

Hello Chris Kelly,

Sorry to hear that the problem of EC50 caused you inconvenience caused you, please contacted your acebeam dealer for the warranty or refund, the our related sales staff will hand this.

Best regards and have a nice day!

Sincerely

Chris

2016-05-04
Chris Huang | Acebeam Sales Director | www.facebook.com/chris.acebeam
Specialized in brand sale& cooperation in high-lumen LED illumination tools

He has not responded to me further. I will keep you guys updated.