• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

EC50vn - 26650 Everyday

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I believe i have spoken to Chris. Below is a copy of the only email he has sent.

Hello Chris Kelly,

Sorry to hear that the problem of EC50 caused you inconvenience caused you, please contacted your acebeam dealer for the warranty or refund, the our related sales staff will hand this.

Best regards and have a nice day!

Sincerely

Chris

2016-05-04
Chris Huang | Acebeam Sales Director | www.facebook.com/chris.acebeam
Specialized in brand sale& cooperation in high-lumen LED illumination tools

He has not responded to me further. I will keep you guys updated.

Sounds like Chris said the dealer will handle the issue via warranty or refund, through the sales staff. Email Chris's email confirm of this to your dealer.
Perhaps get a refund and purchase from Vinh.

Edit:
I didn't see Vinh's post. Sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like Chris said the dealer will handle the issue via warranty or refund, through the sales staff. Email Chris's email confirm of this to your dealer.
Perhaps get a refund and purchase from Vinh.

Yah I do think that is the best route. Tell the dealer you need to send it back for a refund or exchange. If they fail to respond email Chris and ask him to step in.

If I tinker with it you will lose factory warranty entirely and there is no grantee I can fix it. Even if I could waranty is still void for the future.

ckellyme3

Newly Enlightened
Lightmalls is offering me a refund but only if I send it back first. I do not trust them, nor do I want to wait 25+ buisness days for my refund. Any other time I needed a refund it was given instantly. I didn't pay them once I received my flashlight. Quite the other way around. I do not see why I cannot have my refund now especially since I ordered a WORKING flashlight advertised with TWO springs, one in the head and tail. I feel I've done more than enough to prove I did not receive this... They have emailed me stating all of their EC50's on stock are doing the same thing" and have since stopped listing them further proving they sold me faulty merchandise. I am now just going to make a claim with pay pal.

Lesson here is basically do not buy anything from lightmalls.com.

Saul Good

Enlightened
This is the reason I would always prefer to buy a vn light. World class service just 2-3 days away. Some people prefer to buy a stock light because of the "factory warranty." This is understandable. I don't mean to criticize their choice... But I would rather have a light with much better performance (understatement, usually), and much better, faster, hassle-free customer service.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was waiting to see if you were going to sell these, but I got impatient ordering one a few days too early.
I haven't read all the posts but I am sure Acebeam will replace your light if you send it to them. Buy from me and you never have to ship to China/Hong Kong or anywhere out of USA ;-)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in this item. I thirst for info on the battery selection.

The battery: Looks like default battery is ICR protected. Is that correct? [battery not included]

If not, will IMR battery give better performance? What battery will give the best performance (max output)?

Wait for Video ;-)
Thanks, I watched the videos, but I have been only able to collect a very small amount of basic information on the battery options. All I know is that it runs on a 26650 battery. Nice. But, I know nothing else about the battery beyond that.

Can this light run on ICR protected FourSevens 4000mAh batteries? I ask, because I have some of these.

Can this light run on unprotected IMR batteries? If yes, will the IMR battery yield more lumens?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Email sent
Thanks, I watched the videos, but I have been only able to collect a very small amount of basic information on the battery options. All I know is that it runs on a 26650 battery. Nice. But, I know nothing else about the battery beyond that.

Can this light run on ICR protected FourSevens 4000mAh batteries? I ask, because I have some of these.

Can this light run on unprotected IMR batteries? If yes, will the IMR battery yield more lumens?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If you are into neutral 5000K Dome on is very very nice. Really liking this light!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are into neutral 5000K Dome on is very very nice. Really liking this light!
Email received. I will go with your instructions for the batteries.

USPS money order will be sent. I am gonna go for Spec 1, for max lumens. The CW XHP70 is not too cool, in a good way. :)

Minimoog

Enlightened
What battery is recommended for these - I currently don't have any in this size so it is a new area for me. Also, what is the beam difference between shaved dome and unshaved? It looks a very useful light and not too large.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery: Email Vinh, and he will inform you of the best battery, via email.

2. Same, email Vinh, and he will reply.

I ordered the Spec 1, and I eagerly await it. I will post back with my impressions in one of the topic threads for this light.

ven

Flashaholic
Battery: Email Vinh, and he will inform you of the best battery, via email.

2. Same, email Vinh, and he will reply.

I ordered the Spec 1, and I eagerly await it. I will post back with my impressions in one of the topic threads for this light.

I predict a new fav smaller light!! 26650 is a very comfortable size, this with the xhp70= a winner!

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
What battery is recommended for these - I currently don't have any in this size so it is a new area for me. Also, what is the beam difference between shaved dome and unshaved? It looks a very useful light and not too large.

I have always been partial to unprotected ICR 26650 King Kong batteries, when I get a chance to use some 26650's. Anyone else tried them before?