EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

ScottGabrielli

Newly Enlightened
^^ you keep a wrist watch in your pockets?
That's a good lookin' one btw.
Got that retro look going.

Nice old knife too.

And what "torch" is that?

TOOL ti mr fixer

As Ven answered it's a Lumintop Tool Ti, the watch is a Kickstarter project I back by a company called Boldr, and the knife is a 2016 #14 Tom's Choice Lick Creek Barlow, which is a special factory order from Great Eastern Cutlery

Edit: Might as well include the pen - it's the Everyman Grafton

Last edited:

tex.proud

Enlightened
Granted, not all "In Pocket", but on my person as the usual daily carry.

Kimber Tactical Ultra
KimPro Tac Mags
Leatherman Juice S2
Keys with Safariland handcuff key and Ghost 130 light
Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21
HDS EDC Rotary 18650 Nichia 219b
RFID blocking wallet
Snuff

IMG_20161015_113715_zpsnq8a9pd1.jpg

Didn't know about this thread until I saw it on Todays Posts. Good stuff here.

dmattaponi

Enlightened

Victorinox Craftsman Swiss Army Knife
Thrunite Archer 1Av3 Flashlight
Fisher Bullet Space Pen
Vintage Marbles Match Safe with strike anywhere matches
Donegan 3x folding pocket magnifier

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The typical pants pocket carry:

Right pocket gets a PR-1 while left has a PL2, both by PKDL.
The rest is your typical inexpensive pocket knives kept sharp regularly, spending cabbage, usb flash drives, keys, nail clippers/wire strippers, ear plugs, chap stick and a activity meter.

Now that it is cool a pair of throwers for inspecting inside pipes and other small spaces get to tag along instead of riding in the truck...

The 1aa Pelican 2350 and 1x123 SureFire EB1c

For writing, a Cross Tech 3 black/red/pencil combo and a Cross jotter plus whatever watch of the day gets picked. Today is a Seiko kinetic analog with saphire crystal.
Oh, and a shirt pocket carry PL2.

Last edited:

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
I don't EDC anything super cool so no pics unless you hunt them down in the Knife and Light thread. I carry a Malkoff MDC 16340 in neutral, Benchmade 940, and sometimes a Boker.50 pen.

On my keychain is a tiny Victorinox and Lumintop Worm 219.

Loomun

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is one of the two flashlights and the Kershaw, then depending on what I`m wearing a little something on my side.

a9pqox.jpg

Emspop

Newly Enlightened
9ecbe5ca7c9d32bab60cdf2e62d25d6e.jpg

Small Sebenza Insingo
Bog Oak Mnandi
HDS 5000k hicrl
Peak eiger pocket model w/ oveready hicri head
Recycled firefighter sgt.

Granted, not all "In Pocket", but on my person as the usual daily carry.

Kimber Tactical Ultra
KimPro Tac Mags
Leatherman Juice S2
Keys with Safariland handcuff key and Ghost 130 light
Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21
HDS EDC Rotary 18650 Nichia 219b
RFID blocking wallet
Snuff

IMG_20161015_113715_zpsnq8a9pd1.jpg

Always be cautious of a man carries a well worn 1911...and a Kimber at that.

L@@King at that picture tells me there's no need to be cautious of the man carrying the pictured items. The well worn Kimber has obviously spent its life in a holster. Only law abiding citizens carry in a holster. Criminal *******s carry in their pockets or tucked-in their pants so they can quickly discard any evidence. Also, CB's don't carry extra mags. However, I do agree the man carrying the above should be afforded an extra amount of respect.

It's elementary, redvalkyrie! Tex is one of the Good Guys. :thumbsup:

~ Chance

irongate

Enlightened
L@@King at that picture tells me there's no need to be cautious of the man carrying the pictured items. The well worn Kimber has obviously spent its life in a holster. Only law abiding citizens carry in a holster. Criminal *******s carry in their pockets or tucked-in their pants so they can quickly discard any evidence. Also, CB's don't carry extra mags. However, I do agree the man carrying the above should be afforded an extra amount of respect.

It's elementary, redvalkyrie! Tex is one of the Good Guys. :thumbsup:

~ Chance

Agree

tex.proud

Enlightened
Thank You CG and Irongate! It IS carried in a holster, of course. It's only been drawn on someone 2 times in over 10 years of carry, but never fired in those moments. Thank God for that!

It's elementary...yessir the wear marks show that it is carried in a holster, but also drawn, shot, holstered, drawn, shot holstered, etc...training. The carry of a weapon is a very serious thing that comes with a great deal of responsibility. I am of the belief that you must be intimate with your weapon. In that, I mean that you must have an absolute knowledge of not only firing it accurately and responsibly, but also how it functions. If you have a failure, know how to handle it. If you have a malfunction, know what it is and be able to repair it. I have spare parts for the Kimber, some of which have been fitted by a gunsmith, so even those "critical" parts can be replaced by me without the need of a smith. In accomplishing this, you have a more level headed approach to the use of it. If there are zero surprises with the most powerful tool of use in a situation, you are left with a clearer mind to handle the situation at hand. Hence, not firing in the 2 previously mentioned situations. In that lies the responsibility aspect of carry.

I do not have a large collection of firearms like some of my friends because I can only fire one at a time as I see it, and I'm not trying to arm the entire neighborhood. :shrug: I have the very few left after trying many. The ones that I know intimately are left in my collection.

I do like to think of myself as "one of the Good Guys". I carry for me and mine. I would also like to note that studying local law is an absolutely necessary part of carrying responsibly.

It takes one to know one! That's my thought now. Thanks fellas!

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
I didn't mean to imply that Tex was anything but a great guy. I'm a 1911 guy myself and I know holster wear occurs. It was more like " Bad guys beware...". If I was a bad guy I certainly wouldn't want to be caught in front of a Texan with a 1911.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Maybe taken the wrong way there. I saw it that way you meant it. It's all good. No worries redvalkyrie. Thanks BTW! :twothumbs