Electric Car Sparks 24000 acre Wildfire In France

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The first pic implies that this is the culprit car and that it was possibly related to the charging cycle, but this could be another example of "here's what an EV on fire might look like" rather than a photo taken from the event. I honestly can't tell from the article.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Maybe the fact the forest is dry from lack of rain and heat has more to do with it than the ignition source. As we've seen in the US, when forests are in that condition fires are pretty much going to happen. If not an EV, then an errant spark from a camp fire, or from electric lines, or lightning, or even from someone dropping a lit cigarette, will start a conflagration. It sounds like the problem might be more lack of forest management than EVs. Sometimes you have to selectively thin forests to keep the entire thing from burning down.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
each 18650 cell or 21700 needs its own circuit that disconects all the other cells from the main output. one goes the pback is disconnected

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if posable the cells will have a circuit that only works if it sences the corect load of the motor

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first pic implies that this is the culprit car and that it was possibly related to the charging cycle, but this could be another example of "here's what an EV on fire might look like" rather than a photo taken from the event. I honestly can't tell from the article.
I think that is what it is.

French Premier Elisabeth Borne confirmed that the fire was started by an EV, but no other details have been released so far.