Elzetta G-Line

Beard Man

Enlightened
For me, Elsetta has always been Made in the USA (and they advertised it very "loudly"), but now...rebranded Jetbeam, what's the point?!

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
As long as they keep the rest of the line as is I'm good. Bravos and Charlie's and bones are all hardcore USA made workhorses. This new line is geared more towards edc and pocket carry,and that's fine. Not what Im looking for but to each is there own

coffeecup66

Enlightened
In my hands-on real-life experience, I know that sometimes, even a plant's production manager doesn't KNOW where the parts that compose the products that a company "manufactures", come from.

Example of how muddled defining product origin is ? I worked for a "World" company yeeeeeaaaaars ago. I was handed 2 top of the line, very expensive models of one of the thousands of products this company manufactured. I was told: "One of these is made in Europe, the other one is made in China. Which one is which ?".
Of course, they were identical, so mission impossible. To make it clear, even the person training me could not distinguish them in this manner. I was then shown how to differentiate the 2. After accessing the insides, you could see a (more or less) 60 digit alphanumerical serial number.
I was told the equivalent of : "So, if the 23rd digit here is a "2" then this thing was made in China. If it's an "8", made in Europe. Where in Europe ? Well, that's another digit for another time... maybe.".

Some of you will see right away what the above anecdote implies.

Unless you have real-life experience sourcing the parts you need to make something, and unless you have 100% (not 99.9999%) oversight and control of the manufacturing of these parts, I can say without one nano-iota of doubt that you have absolutely no (sure) idea where your gizmo is "made".

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully Elzetta is successful with the G-Line.

The Tide Raises All Ships

Elzetta brought an affordable product to market providing more options to more buyers; And Elzetta is willing to put their name on it.
Importing the light allows their Z-Series to receive their time, efforts, and focus.

Now the competitive response is for a USA only company to offer a competitive product...

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
cept those with a hole in the hull...

The Tide Raises All Ships

Elzetta brought an affordable product to market providing more options to more buyers; And Elzetta is willing to put their name on it.
Importing the light allows their Z-Series to receive their time, efforts, and focus.

Now the competitive response is for a USA only company to offer a competitive product...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The G-EDC-RCR arrived today. I was real happy to see USPS priority normal again.

My first reaction was how ridiculously small it is…

83-AB5618-64-DD-4373-BB77-5-F12-A0-F5-FBA6.jpg
L to R: E1 (crosshair), 1 cell aviator, my daily the PKDL PR-1, G-EDC-RCR.

I'll call it the RCR.
So anyway, it arrives with a battery and charger cable, and a wrist strap. The clamshell package is the typical Elzetta re-useable type. I removed the little sleeve between the battery and front end of the light and twisted on an BAM!! High mode. Wasn't expecting that. Next twist was super low so I though perhaps it did not light so I twisted again and saw the low output. "Right, it has a sublumen setting I forgot". Next was medium then high. It has memory.

Now I may never know if high comes first or sublumen. I do know that the order is 0.5, 5.0, 100, 510.

It's light out so I won't know for a while if this one throws like the AA does, but aimed at the floor the sublumen beam I can see has a small hot spot. So that causes me to think it'll be a sweet bed side number. I really bought it for the 100 lumen setting to compliment the AA that I use for it's 30 lumen medium.
Will it replace my PR-1? No, but it will go with me for night shift duty for times I want 100 lumens or if the battery gives out on my PR-1 during a night operation and I'm away from spares.

I like this little light and at some point will buy another one. I think I actually prefer the AA one over this one, perhaps because it has 3 settings where the RCR has 4. I understand the logic behind the 4 settings though.

The clip would be too stiff for some. Especially for belt carry. Even though it put up a fight trying to clip to my trouser pocket it in no way felt like it was trying to break away from the light itself. Being so small it does not interfere with your hand trying to get something out of the pocket when clipped to the inside.

I may add to this after dark.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Some beam pix:

F789-AEE7-7-FA2-45-F9-B012-5-D30-F004-BE09.jpg
Before, nearly dark out

3-D001-D2-D-A1-DD-4135-B11-D-61023-F5-C22-D1.jpg
Two doors down.
Not bad for such a small light. It got warm after a minute or so but no huge step down was noted nor did it feel hot.

FD477170-42-CB-4-A91-84-D6-8445-C01-AA9-AC.jpg
The 100 lumen setting.
This is why I bought the RCR.

2023-C77-C-5-CBA-450-A-9209-DB9-BB09-AB6-E4.jpg
The wall shot showing spot and spill

7-FF04516-EF63-416-A-97-BB-715-B69-C5-E513.jpg
Now for the biggest surprise

19-EBF73-B-C5-FB-43-FB-8528-4376-C5-BD9-F5-D.jpg
That's only 5 lumens.
Yup, 5.0 not 50

The tint in the pix is pretty close to what I saw.

Bonus pic:

35-CC5-FF2-47-BF-4-A84-A29-D-FC4-A1-E18-F8-A2.jpg
No PWM detected on the 0.5 lumen setting.
Nice!!

Last edited:

Chadder

Enlightened
I love my little Elzetta EDC RCR. It fits in the coin pocket of my jeans. I love the twist action and that it wont accidently come on in my pocket. It pairs well with my Titan Plus. (Yes pairing flashlights is like matching the proper wine to your food)! LOL

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If by medium you mean the 100 lumen setting, that's mine too.
I'm quite fond of the 5 lumen setting also.

Glad to know once my regulated PR-1 trips to low voltage mode using a primary I can use what's left in the RCR.

As a rule I don't dig on sublumen modes on a flashlight as I prefer at least 2 birthday candle bright output but I do like how RCR pushes it's little 1/2 lumen setting forward-like. At 2 am when I have the groggies it throws light plenty forward, which helps give me more reaction time.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After nearly a year of using the AA and around 6 months using the RCR I have found them to both to be a pleasure to operate. On my nightstand is an RCR and a AA. Both stay on their lowest output setting.

On my coffee table the same. The coffee table numbers have a lanyard attached to each since they go outdoors on occasion. They also have various duties so various settings are chosen at times. To change settings I just tug on the head until I see a momentary output of the desired setting then release and twist it on. Sure beats the heck out of all that twisting.

As time has passed the AA has gotten easier to twist. It's now easy to use one handed. The RCR not so much (yet) as it's not used as often as the AA. But I'm figuring the RCR will 'loosen' up over time too.

I really like the output of these little lights. Plenty bright with plenty of throw, yet not some mega bright for 44 seconds then drop down to 45% of that. When running either on high for any period I do not get the sense I'm carrying a hand grenade with the pin pulled because the battery gets so dang hot. I would prefer the step below full output of the RCR be around 200-250 lumens so that it's seemingly nearly as bright at 25 feet while adding a bunch of run time.

I'm using primary batteries in both.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Probably not a good sign regarding sales of the G-Line. Either that or a bunch arrived recently.

They just released a line of upgraded Z-Line items that seemed to be a popular move. Their site mentions a supply chain issue but things should be back in stock in two weeks.

The Bones has been hit or miss since it was introduced.

Last time I checked the site they still showed some 2nd gen Alphas available.